What Should The Paid Memberships Provide? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What Should The Paid Memberships Provide?

umc
08-02-2007, 17:21
Is there a thread already that includes brainstorming on additions and such to give Eric ideas on what some of the benefits of paid membership could be?

If not or if he doesn't want suggestions then fine, sorry for the stupid thread but if ideas are wanted and I think they are even though we don't know what can and can't be done it may be a good start.

So, with that, I'll start.:) Simple really, I would love an IRC Glock Talk chat, setup, hosted and advertised here on the site, not just for paid members but for all members to have yet another option to hang out with one another in a different medium.

Can we do it?????

Please!!!!!:)

P.S. I have no clue what it takes to do something like this but there are folks here that do...

zeke013
08-02-2007, 17:34
I'd like to see a members' only forum akin to the General Non-Glocking Board.

itisbruno
08-02-2007, 17:50
I'd like to see it upgrade and expand hardware, software, and pay for bandwidth.

I'm not really worried about perks for me, I'm in it to support the site.

Dancing girls would be nice :supergrin:

Dalton Wayne
08-02-2007, 17:57
Just thought I'd throw this out there
here is what I would like, a 3 pc Kentucky fried chicken dinner dark meat regular recipe with mashed taters and cole slaw oh and while you're at it up size it please :tongueout:
Just kidding my membership money goes out tomorrow

the iceman
08-02-2007, 22:11
Originally posted by itisbruno

Dancing girls would be nice :supergrin: [/B]

Yes! And a girls with guns section as well!

the iceman
08-02-2007, 22:17
Or at least a really cool picture section!

Cclass
08-03-2007, 03:14
Spell Check.

JimBianchi
08-03-2007, 18:20
I want my putrid feet rubbed! (I'm watching SpongeBob with my 2year old daughter as I write this. SB Fans will get it.)

Debob
08-03-2007, 19:00
how about a section for conceal cary travel, state by state. A map showing which state honors which state? Possible sum state laws also.
Shure would help.:thumbsup:

xsiv4s
08-04-2007, 09:21
Originally posted by Cclass
Spell Check.

I agry spel check wood be good.

Dennis in MA
08-04-2007, 09:48
Originally posted by zeke013
I'd like to see a members' only forum akin to the General Non-Glocking Board.

I think that could foster an us vs them mentality. I'd just like some space to drop pix easily (a la Bladeforums) and some better equipment for Eric so he don't go too crazy keeping this thing up and running. Maybe a bigger avatar, but I don't think that's a big deal.

WIG19
08-31-2007, 11:20
Originally posted by Debob
how about a section for conceal cary travel, state by state. A map showing which state honors which state? Possible sum state laws also.
Shure would help.:thumbsup: Ever been to this site? (http://www.handgunlaw.us/)

:patriot:

Eric
08-31-2007, 11:46
There are some systems that are already being provided by others that would be so complicated and time-consuming to duplicate, that it makes more sense to simply seek those resources out and link to them here. Sites concerning complicated and fluid information like firearms laws is such a topic. It would be extremely difficult to duplicate what has already been done very well on other sites. We will have a comprehensive link system containing links to valuable resources though. Eric

Carolina Drifter
09-01-2007, 13:59
I'm really not interested in the perks. I enjoy this site so much I just really hope it's here for a long time like maybe 'til I'm 120.

mitchshrader
09-01-2007, 14:19
automatic free entry into any contests?

cmasailor
09-07-2007, 13:49
howabout email? how much work would it be to get a @glocktalk.com email?

Eric
09-07-2007, 14:30
Originally posted by cmasailor
howabout email? how much work would it be to get a @glocktalk.com email?

That is in the works. Eric