Ammo Price increase coming 01 September! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Price increase coming 01 September!

ciwsguy
08-02-2007, 18:16
I see that several ammo manufacturers (CCI, Remington, Winchester, etc) are going to increase their ammo prices by about 15% effective 1 September 2007. Guess it's time to stock up!

tacshooter0233
08-03-2007, 09:41
Where did you hear this?

SMSTRICK
08-03-2007, 09:59
I heard the same thing. I heard from someone at work that it is a federal tax which will increase the cost of all ammo 15 %,... but I have not heard of such a tax. All that I know is that yes,...ammo will increase by 15% in September.

Terminator
08-03-2007, 11:42
I was told the same thing by a friend of mine who owns a local gun store.

TreehugginGlock
08-03-2007, 15:21
Drats! If our hobby wasn't expensive enough.

Say, anyone know if we can buy wholesale? If several of us go in together to get the same thing, perhaps we can get a wholesale discount on a bulk purchase.

I'd be interested but don't know where to look or how much would need to be ordered. Would you have to have special licenses to accept the delivery?

Falling Crow
08-03-2007, 15:54
Originally posted by SMSTRICK
I heard the same thing. I heard from someone at work that it is a federal tax which will increase the cost of all ammo 15 %,... but I have not heard of such a tax. All that I know is that yes,...ammo will increase by 15% in September.

Federal, Remington, Winchester, and CCI are raising prices anywhere from 10-25% (depending on the item) on 1 September. They are attributing this to an increase in the cost of raw materials. It has nothing to do with a tax of any kind. Someone recently posted copies of the letters from all four manufacturers on another thread...:sad:

texasmcse
08-03-2007, 16:06
OK, so who has the best price on a couple thousand rounds (or more) of 9mm ammo?

Berretta9
08-03-2007, 16:19
I reload now but 8 months or so ago I was buying Remington at Dicks for 6 something a box if you bought 10 boxes ( 500 rounds).

SMSTRICK
08-04-2007, 08:05
Originally posted by Falling Crow
Federal, Remington, Winchester, and CCI are raising prices anywhere from 10-25% (depending on the item) on 1 September. They are attributing this to an increase in the cost of raw materials. It has nothing to do with a tax of any kind. Someone recently posted copies of the letters from all four manufacturers on another thread...:sad:

Now,...that makes sence. Also explains why I have not heard wide spread talk about it.
Thanks for posting that.

cwshootersupply
08-04-2007, 16:17
Treehugger I know a Guy who knows a guy.........:animlol: who has the magic..........

ciwsguy
08-05-2007, 18:57
WRT the question where did I hear that? Natchez Shooters Supply has it posted on their website. Letters from ammo manufacturers explaining why prices are going up - mostly that the cost of lead has gone way up, and the cost of transportation.

ciwsguy
08-05-2007, 19:05
If anyone cares to check it out, see the attached link. [http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?category=3. There's a hyperlink to ammo manufacturers letters to retailers that their prices will be increasing.

moreammoplz
08-07-2007, 18:02
Lead bullets are also going up. I was at Cabelas in Michigan over the weekend and they sell 500 .45 acp SWC for $26 a box. I bought the last few boxes and they told me that the new shipment was going to be $46 a box for the same thing. They can't keep certain bullets on the shelf.

ciwsguy
08-23-2007, 16:45
Say, anyone know if we can buy wholesale? If several of us go in together to get the same thing, perhaps we can get a wholesale discount on a bulk purchase.

Treehugger,
Did you have any luck pooling assets for a bulk ammo buy?

TreehugginGlock
08-23-2007, 17:50
Originally posted by ciwsguy
Treehugger,
Did you have any luck pooling assets for a bulk ammo buy? Don't know where to go to look for good wholesale bulk ammo prices. I don't want to shoot junk cause I just heard about a fellow who toasted his new $1500 carbine by shooting garbage ammo.

Do you know where or how we can find wholesale prices on Winchester White Box 9mm ammo? I'd be willing to pony up some cash for a stash. How about you?

domzilla9
08-23-2007, 18:06
http://www.dillonprecision.com/

To quote Koski, "I'd melt the gun down, pour it into a spike and drive it through my own skull before I'd shoot factory ammo."

cwshootersupply
08-23-2007, 18:31
I have been thinking about forminng a group buying club of some type for a while.
Ammo and other stuff. I can buy at wholsel:supergrin:

Something like Fern Creek Sportperson CO-OP

Houngan
08-23-2007, 18:54
Sad to say, but if you want to get serious, you pretty much have to start reloading. What's .40 these days, nearly $300 a thousand? I'm making it for 100$, and it is far, far better than anything on the shelf, in terms of controllability. .45, the difference is even more pronounced, I chrono'ed WWB at 195 power factor. My 170pf ammo feels monumentally better.

It's a big jump, but it depends on how much you intend to shoot. If you buy components right now, you'll pay off a full Dillon 650 setup in the first 6000 rounds. Coupled with the lifetime no-questions-asked warranty from the springs to a dumbass blown primer system, it's crazy not to roll your own.

H.

p.s. Although, there is the problem of storing a few hundred pounds of explosives in your home . . .

Glockdude1
08-23-2007, 18:59
No suprise that ammo prices keep going up. They have been going up for the last two years.

Remember when 7.62x39 was $70 per thousand????

moreammoplz
08-24-2007, 12:45
Just bought a 1,000 rounds at Dick's in 9mm today. $6.98 a box when you buy 500 rounds or more.

Found the deal here.........

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php

ciwsguy
08-24-2007, 13:42
Do you know where or how we can find wholesale prices on Winchester White Box 9mm ammo? I'd be willing to pony up some cash for a stash. How about you?

I don't know where or to whom we could approach for dealer discounts. But I too am willing to pony up for a bulk buy.

TreehugginGlock
08-24-2007, 18:56
Originally posted by cwshootersupply
I have been thinking about forminng a group buying club of some type for a while.
Ammo and other stuff. I can buy at wholsel:supergrin:

Something like Fern Creek Sportperson CO-OP

CW,

Do you know who we could approach to buy wholesale 9mm Winchester white box?

ontheway
08-24-2007, 19:07
I work pt at the range I shot at and it all going up and up.
I shot skeet and reload 12ga lead shot is about $40. for 25lbs.
If this keep up I wont be able to shot much more. Hope it come back down soon.

cwshootersupply
08-24-2007, 20:25
Now taking orders for ammo IM or e-mail for prices.
Case lots at cost plus shipping and sales tax.