trash on burn pile [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : trash on burn pile

SAR Junky
08-02-2007, 21:16
For the past two weeks a new house on my running route has been burning a huge pile of brush and trees. Today on my run I noticed several (4-5) large black contractor grade trash bags on the top of the pile one of the bags was spilled open and I clearly saw a plastic milk gallon. The pile was not on fire or smocking, but when I got home I reported it to the fire department. I went back out and saw one engine drive up, stop in the road then accelerate off. Do you firefighters thing this was an appropriate responce? I there anything they could do? and if there was somthing to be done why did they not do it?

Thanks for all responces

pulaskipusher
08-02-2007, 21:37
Sounds like a phone call to DEQ is in order, I'm sure they would issue a hefty ticket.

hotpig
08-02-2007, 23:10
Why would I care if a contracter had some bags of trash. Now if it were burning and there was a complaint, I would have to put it out.

4095fanatic
08-03-2007, 12:42
Not much we can do if it's not on fire. Personally I would have made my crew get off the engine, poke around a bit to ensure nothing underneath was smoldering or what not (would hate to get tapped out again for a re-kindle), but otherwise not much we can do... FD can't issue tickets. Perhaps your fire inspector can, but thats about it.

Tvov
08-03-2007, 21:34
It is also possible that the engine crew reported the situation to the Fire Marshall (in my town that is who would handle it). Since it was not actually burning, there would be no need for them to hang around.

hotpig
08-03-2007, 21:59
If you get a search warrant you can look in the bags and see if it is household trash or construction site trash.

OK. I have to ask, who freaking cares that there are bags of trash in the burn pile.

Tvov
08-04-2007, 05:56
Depending on where you live, it is illegal to burn trash. In CT, it is illegal to burn construction debris also.