Range questions in Columbus,OH [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range questions in Columbus,OH

Gunshot wounds
08-02-2007, 22:01
First off,I just bought my first handgun on the first.Its a Glock 23,So I'm excited to go to the range.But my problem is,I live in southern franklin county and the only shooting ranges I can find are New Albany shooting range,Powder room,And Blacklick. But all these places are over a 30 min drive.Does anyone know of any other ranges in southern Franklin county of Pickaway county or near lancaster.Withen a reasonable distance becaues 30 min to the three range's listed above is a understatement.Becaues I know traffic in those area's is very heavy though out the day.

OhioLibertarian
08-02-2007, 22:18
Powder Room is full of antisemetic crotchety bastards who charge too much... yes the range is low cost... but how much does a new lung cost from the piss poor ventilation?

Gunshot wounds
08-02-2007, 22:22
Thats all good and well I just want to shoot my glock.Just a reminder I've never been to these places just got the gun need a place thats a little closer.But if no one can help I'll just have to go to one of the three.

nehpets99
08-02-2007, 23:46
I drive an hour to get to the range I use down in Cincy. Half an hour ain't terrible.

Try this site, see if this helps: http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=OH

glockess56
08-03-2007, 04:59
Lancaster has a range, but I can't think of the name of it. It sells guns, but it has a range. Wait a minute - Buckeye Valley? Maybe that's the name for it. Then there's the Pickaway County Sportsman's Club. By the way, the range is Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, Ohio, not Blacklick. Blacklick is a town in the opposite direction. Congrats on your new G23 and have fun using it.

field70
08-03-2007, 07:42
Lancaster has a range

It is Ohio Valley Outdoors.. I have a membership there..It is a nice Range and the people are friendly..They also do the CCW classes. Located on Rt 33, as you got into Lancaster from Columbus.

2805 Columbus-Lancaster Rd
Lancaster, Oh 43130
Phone: 740-654-1956

anyplainjoe
08-03-2007, 07:50
The range at the Powder Room is very dirty & needs new tiles asap, but the guys have hearts of gold.

OhioLibertarian
08-03-2007, 08:40
anyplainjoe - we'll have to agree to disagree.
I've worn business casual, jeans and flannel, and other styles of dress there, and they always treat me like a piece of crap and/or just dont wait on me.
When I brought my orthodox jewish friend to the range they wouldnt speak to him at all even when he asked them a direct question about a product they had in a kind voice.

Never getting another penny.

Gunshot wounds
08-03-2007, 10:23
Thank you,Ohio vally in Lancaster is about 15 minutes from myself.Plus the powder room sounds like a place I wouldn't care to go too.Sounds like they are a little upitty there.Thanks for the help again,going down 33 to lancaster is a lot easier then the grind in that northside traffic.Thats a monkey of my back.:hugs:

glockess56
08-03-2007, 21:05
Ah ha! I knew it had Valley in the name! My mistake but I'm glad someone explained the place because it looks like a neat place to go to and what I've read and heard about it. I never knew anyone who belonged there, but I knew they had a range there. Thanks for sharing.

Matt VDW
08-04-2007, 09:55
There's a state park range at Deer Creek, about twenty miles south of Columbus.

There's also the Big Darby Creek range west of Columbus, near West Jefferson.

But if I lived south of Columbus I think I'd just join the Pickaway county club.

SlickGlock
08-05-2007, 10:55
Originally posted by OhioLibertarian
When I brought my orthodox jewish friend to the range they wouldnt speak to him at all even when he asked them a direct question about a product they had in a kind voice.
OhioLibertarian,

Actually you could specifically go to that place to use the anti-Semites' facility to hone Jewish boys' shooting skills. It could be even funny. Just bring your own targets and ammo so that you don't have to buy it from them.

anyplainjoe
08-05-2007, 17:15
I find this story hard to believe. I've seen them wait on people of every color and accent.

OhioLibertarian
08-05-2007, 17:24
well if ya wanna ask the guy his name is Moshe and if you PM me I will let you know how to find him.

Flexmoney
08-09-2007, 12:56
Circleville: http://www.pcsirange.com/

Wolf Spyder
09-02-2007, 11:21
I have been to the Powder Room twice. The first time I went with my wife. I guess I was invisible, the old guys behind the counter did not seem to notice me. I ask for the price on a semi-auto 9mm long gun, they acted like I was interrupting Matlock or something. I never did find out what the price was. The place was cluttered, but other than the old guys acting like I was a bug, it wasn't a bad place.

The second time I was at the Powder Room I went with my buddy. He goes from time to time. Anyway, the first time was more pleasant than the second.

I will never go back.

CaptToyota
09-03-2007, 18:55
Originally posted by Gunshot wounds
Does anyone know of any other ranges in southern Franklin county of Pickaway county or near Lancaster.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=12&t=160