Why not Credit Cards? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why not Credit Cards?

MooseJaw
08-02-2007, 22:06
Eric,

I'm very happy that you're overwhelmed with Paid Membership work.. :thumbsup:

But frankly, I don't like using Paypal, and writing checks or getting money orders, and mailing them (when there's a deadline, and a "limited number" - first come, first served) issue to deal with, I don't see why you won't accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, etc..

I know that I'd be more inclined to use my plastic (frequently) if you'd allow it..

Thanks..

And keep those cards and letters coming, folks.. :banana:

MB-G26
08-04-2007, 15:45
I also dislike paypal, and even tho I have a PP account it's tied to a bank account w/like $20 in it :thumbsup: (On purpose, don't trust them not to do wierd things :animlol:

Anyway - at least for the purposes of paying for your membership - in paying for mine a few moments ago, I learned that when you get to the 'checkout/payment' step in the order process, the system presents the option to (a) pay by credit card 'via paypal' so to speak w/o having to actually log in TO PP or HAVE a PP account, or (b) log in and use an existing PP account.

This means you can put the membership charge on MC/VISA, etc. (I forget what all cards were listed as options) and NOT have any direct involvement w/PP itself. :thumbsup:

MooseJaw
08-06-2007, 23:33
I didn't know that..

Not sure I can bring myself to hit a PayPal key regardless..

Thanks for sharing though.. it could help some one, some time..

Yoitzh2o
08-08-2007, 22:40
Im also hesitant to open a paypal account. If you attach a credit card to a paypal account, does that count as a cash advance on your credit card when paypal withdrawals money from it? If so, I would get charged a cash advance fee. I spose I should check into it but I thought maybe one of you guys could give me the short answer...

GotGlock1917
08-08-2007, 23:13
Originally posted by Yoitzh2o
Im also hesitant to open a paypal account. If you attach a credit card to a paypal account, does that count as a cash advance on your credit card when paypal withdrawals money from it? If so, I would get charged a cash advance fee. I spose I should check into it but I thought maybe one of you guys could give me the short answer...

No, I have never been charged a cash advance fee.
I know some people don't like paypal but I have used it for some time (years) without a problem.

The big advantage is that you use PayPal to pay by CC and only PayPal has your CC number instead of everybody you buy from.

mace85
09-06-2007, 23:03
I just find the fact that we are using pay pal kind of ironic, seeing as how paypal locks the accounts of those who do any transactions related to firearms. You would think that they would stumble onto GLOCKtalk.

But hey if it works it works.

Eric is google checkout or something else a better alternative. I know if you took Visa directly you would be subject to fee's and a bunch of other crap.

But paypal just sucks....although I still want to support Glocktalk more than I hate paypal.

Eric
09-06-2007, 23:14
Originally posted by mace85
I just find the fact that we are using pay pal kind of ironic, seeing as how paypal locks the accounts of those who do any transactions related to firearms. You would think that they would stumble onto GLOCKtalk.

But hey if it works it works.

Eric is google checkout or something else a better alternative. I know if you took Visa directly you would be subject to fee's and a bunch of other crap.

But paypal just sucks....although I still want to support Glocktalk more than I hate paypal.

Do you think Google is any less anti-gun than Pay Pal? If so, do some research. I need to support myself and the site. In order to do so, I need an easy and convenient way for people to make payments. Until I can get CC processing, Pay Pal is the system people use.

Pay Pal can stumble onto my site if they like. Nothing here is violating their TOS. I know Pay Pal's position when it comes to firearms, but I choose to focus on and appreciate the irony of them helping me to support this site. Eric

mace85
09-07-2007, 21:20
lol it is quite ironic. And I have no idea if google is any better, I simply didnt have the time to do the research before I posted. I know alot of "mainstream" vendors and services do not look kindly upon the "gun culture" if you will. It must be a hard line for you to walk Eric. Operate possibly one of the most prolific gun boards on the net, and still get things from other vendors.

I don't think I could stand it. It would drive me nuts. Too much of a need for political correctness in the world.

edit to clarify.