OT: Ford Recall [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ford Recall

isuzu
08-03-2007, 19:27
Ford has announced today that it was recalling about 3.6 million vehicles; that includes cars, pick ups, SUVs and vans made between 1992 and 2007 due to a faulty Cruise Control Switch that may catch fire.

I recall that in the late 90's, actress Jean Garcia's Expedition caught fire while it was parked in the garage. She was lucky to have an alert househelp that woke her up, and they evacuated the house. The cause of the fire was never determined, but there has been a lot of similar cases here in North America.

Ford said that it will notify owners of the said vehicles, but I thought of giving BOGs who own Ford vehicles, especially our Philippine-based BOGs a heads up.

Alexii
08-04-2007, 20:47
Man, that sucks. I just saw the new ad of the new diesel-engined Focus today. Thanks for the heads-up; will warn my bro-in-law about this.

chocoboy
08-04-2007, 20:56
Sir Isuzu,

Is this recall already in effect in the US? Whatabout here in the Philippines? Can you pls post a link where u got this info? Pano kaya mga taong bumili na ng 2nd hand? May makukuha pa kaya sila?

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

mikey177
08-04-2007, 22:54
Here's the link from the Ford Global web site --> http://www.ford.com/en/company/voluntaryRecall.htm

vega
08-04-2007, 23:14
Originally posted by isuzu
due to a faulty Cruise Control Switch that may catch fire.

Are there cruise controls in the Philippines?

jundeleon
08-05-2007, 03:19
Most of the fords subject to recall here in the Phils I think have been repaired or the defects corrected.

It involves a wiring harness of the cruise control near the brake fluid reservoir which may heat up and cause fire.

In my case, Ford replaced the wiring harness with a new design during a regular periodic maintenance service. I did not have to bring the unit to Ford just for that recall.

For buyers of second hand Fords, just check the wiring harness over the brake fluid area. If its corrected already, the harness should be colored blue.

batangueno
08-05-2007, 07:29
Originally posted by vega
Yung mga luxury SUVs na siguro like expeditions, explorers and excursions. Sa ford ko wala eh. :)

isuzu
08-05-2007, 09:33
Originally posted by vega

A lot of North American vehicles that are sold there have cruise controls. Our family friend's Expedition has one, that's why I sent him an email. My friend's Explorer comes equipped with cruise control.

isuzu
08-05-2007, 09:36
Originally posted by chocoboy
Sir Isuzu,

Is this recall already in effect in the US? Whatabout here in the Philippines? Can you pls post a link where u got this info? Pano kaya mga taong bumili na ng 2nd hand? May makukuha pa kaya sila?

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Jun said that the dealer replaced the problem part in his Ford. I hope Ford implements that recent recall and inform Ford owners in the Philippines because it involves 3.6 million vehicles.

This comes at a bad time for Ford since it was the first time in years that they posted an income. GM on the other hand, has been doing well.

But what needs to be corrected, needs to be corrected.

Montero
08-06-2007, 03:24
My ford expedition has cruise control but have not used it even once. I need to check with Ford about this recall.
Thanks for the information. I had it service last week but they never said anything about the recall.

Kaiser Soze
08-06-2007, 03:35
Any idea if the E150 is included in this recall?

isuzu
08-06-2007, 14:13
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
Any idea if the E150 is included in this recall?

The recall includes vans. I think that they use the same part for all the vehicles that are subject to recall.

isuzu
08-06-2007, 14:16
Originally posted by Montero
My ford expedition has cruise control but have not used it even once. I need to check with Ford about this recall.
Thanks for the information. I had it service last week but they never said anything about the recall.

Better have it checked even if you don't use the cruise control. There were cases where this part caught fire even if the cruise control was off.

theTactician
08-09-2007, 04:06
buti na lang di kasama mga mustangs. hehehe.