My Truck [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Truck

SAWMAN
08-04-2007, 16:16
I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra TRD (4X4). It has got 42K on it now and has been a great ride.It has an aftermarket breather box(Borla) and the TRD exhaust system. Guessing, I'd say it makes close to 300HP.

I test drove the new 5.7L Tundra(twice). I was impressed. It's big and it's fast. It makes 381HP,and with the same set up as my truck it will produce 400+HP. This,while still using reg unleaded. Supposedly TRD does have a supercharger available for the truck that will give you another 60-70HP but that will set you back $3500 or so.

Please........sombody get the new 5.7L so they can push me over the edge to purchase. Thanks in advance.

EDITED To Add: Sorry folks,ment to put this in "Time for a new truck" thread.

spober
08-24-2007, 21:06
why why why.would any yahoo want that kinda hp in a truck?????if im gonna drop 5 k+ on a blower its gonna be on a nice looking car!

Harbour
08-30-2007, 21:12
Originally posted by SAWMAN
I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra TRD (4X4). It has got 42K on it now and has been a great ride.It has an aftermarket breather box(Borla) and the TRD exhaust system. Guessing, I'd say it makes close to 300HP.

I test drove the new 5.7L Tundra(twice). I was impressed. It's big and it's fast. It makes 381HP,and with the same set up as my truck it will produce 400+HP. This,while still using reg unleaded. Supposedly TRD does have a supercharger available for the truck that will give you another 60-70HP but that will set you back $3500 or so.

Please........sombody get the new 5.7L so they can push me over the edge to purchase. Thanks in advance.

EDITED To Add: Sorry folks,ment to put this in "Time for a new truck" thread.

Based on the reviews I've read, even with the new Tundra's sophisticated traction control, it is often impossible to harness all the stock horsepower.

If I needed a huge 1/2 ton, the Tundra would be my only choice. But my V-6, '06 Taco serves 90+% of my trucking needs in a much more economical and nimble package.For that final 10%, I hook up the cargo trailer.

With all that said, if gas were under $2.00 per gallon, I'd want the new, big V-8 Tundra, because it is an awesome beast. :shocked: