Any Corvette Z06 Owners on this Forum [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any Corvette Z06 Owners on this Forum

ryucasta
08-04-2007, 17:36
Just picked up a 2007 Corvette Z06 this car is one of the most impressive cars I have owned over the years. From a raw power/cost standpoint nothing thats out on the market today comes near it. I'll post some pictures of it later today.

Ron3
08-04-2007, 20:46
Great cars, great value!

I'd love to have one, but I have a mortgage to pay!

Even the "standard" Corvette is a nice deal, in my opinion.

Ron3

painkiller
08-04-2007, 23:12
ryucasta

mind me asking what you paid?i hear dealers are marking them up about 10 G'S or so,unsure if it's true though

ryucasta
08-05-2007, 09:55
I paid under MSRP ($79,000.00+) for it. Its basically the Corvette Z06 in Black with the LZ2 package and all the extras that can be ordered for the car. It took me about two days to find it using the inventory check feature on the Chevrolet website since none of the web pricing services like Yahoo and Edmunds worked out. Regarding the pictures found the camera now trying to locate the docking station...

OUSooner
08-05-2007, 17:00
How does that compare to the Viper performance and cost wise?

ryucasta
08-05-2007, 20:02
These articles say it all...

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051205/FREE/51204012&Profile=1008

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=2&article_id=2904

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUAAzwTP6s

BManoftheyear
09-01-2007, 15:28
sorry but i feel that is a waste of money for the price you pay the horsepower you get is pennies on the dollar.
I understand the thing will do 200mph but what is the total horsepower?
With that much money you can buy a toyota supra in the 90's twin turbo the **** out of it and hit over 1,000 horsepower for cheaper then your vette.
I'm not knocking you thats what you wanted and it surely is a damn nice car but if it was me i would of went with a supra.
My friend has a 87 supra pushing 800 horsepower and does 240mph

StockGlock23
09-01-2007, 22:37
While the Supra might be a situation of better bang for the buck I would go with the Vette everyday and twice on Sunday. There is a lot to be said for having a brand spanking new car. Not to mention a warranty. I love Vettes and I hope to buy one someday but I have a new mortgage I am working on, student loans, excuse, excuse, and excuse. It will be a great deal of time till I am in a Vette.

tehan2
09-02-2007, 06:06
Originally posted by BManoftheyear
sorry but i feel that is a waste of money for the price you pay the horsepower you get is pennies on the dollar.
With that much money you can buy a toyota supra in the 90's twin turbo the **** out of it and hit over 1,000 horsepower for cheaper then your vette.
I'm not knocking you thats what you wanted and it surely is a damn nice car but if it was me i would of went with a supra.

kids. . .:upeyes:

Thegungal
09-02-2007, 09:57

Just remember, nothing is a waste of money if it is your choice. Dont go through life judging other peoples freedoms. That is what you are doing.

Also, look what you have done...You have knocked something you dont have and bragged about something you dont have. That is not a good road to go down.

I know it is not important to everyone but at the and of the day would you rather pull up somewhere in a new ZO6 or an old Supra? You have an opinion on both and you dont have the option of either.

BTW, Ryucasta...Congrats on your new ride!

BManoftheyear
09-02-2007, 10:21
you obviously didn't pay attention to my post.I am not a kid by the way.
I complimented the guy on his new ride.I know i'd never be able to afford one they are damn nice cars but i feel for that kind of money you can get alot more performance from a vehicle.
The only reason i brought up the supra is I was in by friends supra and it smoked a vette.
The vettes are really nice looking cars
Congrats on your new ride!

Thegungal
09-02-2007, 10:50
I complimented the guy on his new ride.I know i'd never be able to afford one they are damn nice cars but i feel for that kind of money you can get alot more performance from a vehicle.
The only reason i brought up the supra is I was in by friends supra and it smoked a vette.

Some people dream, some poeple have. Some (most) people comprimise...you dream of a comprimise...aim higher.

Your friends Supra will outrun a new Ferrari 430, which one do you want to go to your 20th High School reunion in? (I say this to point out there are many reasons people make the choices they do)

JMag
09-02-2007, 10:55
Nice as they are (while new anyway) I just can't get past that bowtie thingy...plus, around these parts they are about as common as a Camry or Accord.

:tongueout:

method
09-02-2007, 17:02
Ain't no way an '87 Supra's hitting 240mph.

ChessMan
09-02-2007, 21:55
Vette=American V8 horsepower
Supra=ricer

Nothing sounds like a big American V8 with a lopey cam, exhaling through headers and dual exhausts. Nothing. Some people just don't get it. Their loss.

Check out my avatar. 1967 Vette with original 427/435 big block, tricarbs and solid lifters. There's always been something special about Vettes. If you don't like Vettes, well that's un-American.

Awesome choice ryucasta. Congrats and enjoy it. I'll be getting one as soon as I get my daughter through college! (priorities)

walangkatapat
09-02-2007, 22:04

You can always make any car faster, but the style won't be there.

walangkatapat
09-02-2007, 22:05
Originally posted by ryucasta
Just picked up a 2007 Corvette Z06 this car is one of the most impressive cars I have owned over the years. From a raw power/cost standpoint nothing thats out on the market today comes near it. I'll post some pictures of it later today.

Congrats! How many open Glocks did you have to sell? ;)

john_glock_mi
09-03-2007, 10:08

My buddy smoked a Supra with his supercharged 10 year old Mustang. As you would say, its a "waste of money" to get a Supra when you can build a faster Mustang for half the price.

:tongueout:

itstime
09-03-2007, 10:17
Growing up before the marriage thing and all I had REALLY fast cars.

I always said you're never the fastest. Someone somewhere has one faster in the garage.

MofoG23
09-04-2007, 17:43

Its a freakin Dyno queen... big deal.

There is more than HP and 1/4 numbers when talking about performance! Take your buddy's dyno queen to a track vs a new Z06... then you'll understand.

To the original poster - nice ride! I've told my wife which body parts I would give up for a new black on black Z06. :supergrin: That has to be one of the meanest looking cars on the road right now...

HushH
09-14-2007, 12:54
Congrats on an awesome ride.:thumbsup:

BManoftheyear
09-22-2007, 15:05
the car is very nice went and looked at one today.
Very stylish and the engine compartment is sweet looking.
I know there is always something faster somewhere and didn't want to start a big ass flame war.
The guy got a nice ride and I wish i could get one but in my current situation with sick wife I'll never be able to do it.

Have fun with your new bowtie,I thought you were gonna post pics i'd like to see yours

Asha'man
09-23-2007, 21:50
for that kind of money you can get alot more performance from a vehicle.

No, you really can't. The C6 Z06 is more bang for the buck than the Viper, Ford GT, Ferrari F360, etc.

And there's no way in hell an '87 Supra is even on the same chart. The MkIV is a little closer but it's still not even comparable.

Rob1035
09-24-2007, 10:05
the C6 Z06 is hands down the best bang for the buck performance car sold today (save for the Ariel Atom, but that can't do road trips too well :P)

The used Z06s represent probably the best performance value in the used market as well.

I'm a diehard anything-but-domestic-guy, and even I know when the Vette is king. Sure you can make old stuff faster, or get nice rides, or beat the Z06 in some category, but nothing else comes from the factory with the complete package like a Z06, at least not for the money.

I pass a silver C6 Z06 daily, and it sits on the street with rust rotors. :sad:

btw- thanks to hollywood, demand has pushed MKIV Supra pricing so high that they are no longer the performance bargain they once were. Sure they are fast, handle great, but like I said, no longer quite the bargain they once were.

Ron3
09-25-2007, 16:10
Originally posted by Rob1035
the C6 Z06 is hands down the best bang for the buck performance car sold today

The used Z06s represent probably the best performance value in the used market as well.

Yea, your right.

BUT, if you can do even some of your own work, you can have alot of fun with an older car, even a Mustang. You also don't have to sweat over keeping it really clean or worrying about every scratch and ding, or making huge payments for the car or insurance.

There's something to be said for buying say, a $13,000 low-mile '99-'04 GT mustang, spending a couple grand on wheels, tires, suspension parts, a good sounding exhaust, and then driving the hell out of it on a drag strip, autocross, or road course!

You can use all that money you saved on seat time fees, tires and brakes, and should the worst happen, your car was paid for and you can start from scratch.

Plus, it's fun to out-perform those guy's who bought the latest and greatest in your older car that you've customized, had much seat time in, and don't mind beating on!

Ron3

skeeeter
09-26-2007, 02:47
Does a 2002 Z06 count? With the money I saved buying a C5 with 5000 miles I also bought a H3.

Rob1035
09-26-2007, 10:56
Of course!

Asha'man
09-27-2007, 00:23
Originally posted by skeeeter
Does a 2002 Z06 count? With the money I saved buying a C5 with 5000 miles I also bought a H3.

That's awesome, but you cancelled out the coolness of the Z06 with the H3. ;)

ryucasta
09-28-2007, 21:48
Sorry for the delay in posting the Pics but my kids had misplaced the docking stations on both of my cameras and I actually has to buy two new ones...

ryucasta
09-29-2007, 08:30
Here's a picture of the Rice Burner (Gave it to my oldest son) that the Z06 replaced.

Cali-Glock
10-05-2007, 10:12
Originally posted by method
Ain't no way an '87 Supra's hitting 240mph.

:supergrin: Ya think!

I heard that if put headers on my wife's Corolla it will hit at least 190! :supergrin: :rofl:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ericknowschrist/140mph.gif

dave27
10-05-2007, 13:21
Congrats on the new Z06! My buddy has an '03 and it's quite a beast. He's also got an LS1 powered '90 RX-7 (actually he just sold it last week so he doesn't have it anymore) and the Z06 beats it in every category even though on paper the RX-7 should be faster. (more power, less weight, full coilover suspension, big brakes, cage, etc) It's not very pleasant to drive either, loud, stiff, race seats, and pretty twitchy. The Z06 on the other hand is an excellent daily driver as well as track car. Z06 FTW!

And no offense but comparing a nearly 15 year old Supra to new Z06 is pretty silly. They are not even playing the same game let alone in the same ballpark! And this coming from an import guy! (sorta)

JLB768
10-16-2007, 05:12
Not a Z06, but I placed an order for a brand new 2008 Coupe last week. Black 3LT package with Cashmere interior, and chrome aluminum wheels.

crazy
10-18-2007, 16:16
just a lowly '03 C5 Z here.....I recently added headers & cam......my tuner said the next step of insanity should be a blower

Gary G23
10-18-2007, 17:53
Not a Z06, but I placed an order for a brand new 2008 Coupe last week. Black 3LT package with Cashmere interior, and chrome aluminum wheels.

Automatic or manual?
NPP exhaust?
Museum delivery?

MikeG22
10-18-2007, 19:21
Nice purchase Raul!

JLB768
10-21-2007, 01:35
Automatic or manual?
NPP exhaust?
Museum delivery?

Manual trans, stock exhaust, delivered to my local dealer.

SilverState
10-21-2007, 01:59
I had to sell my Z when my son was born :(

I had the C5 Z06 however. Did a few things to it and was making 546 rwhp...

rocket469
11-05-2007, 21:16
Congrats on the new toy!
Never mind the talkers... when rubber meets the road... and whatever makes you happy!

I've seen a Old Mini - Beat a New Viper (back in 96)
How??? Electric...
It was crazy!

insanity.
11-11-2007, 23:52
Find out the fuse to pull that opens up the exhaust... makes a bad ass car twice as bad! I know a couple of people with the new z06's and damn they sound so great!

ryucasta
11-12-2007, 07:45
I purchased the following from Southern Car Parts

http://www.southerncarparts.com/corvettec6z06coupeexhaustondemandswitch-p-231.html

It works as advertised.

Clem Eastwood
11-18-2007, 22:43
I purchased the following from Southern Car Parts

http://www.southerncarparts.com/corvettec6z06coupeexhaustondemandswitch-p-231.html

It works as advertised.

now you need some Kooks 1 7/8" headers, an MTI custom grind camshaft, 160* t-stat, some pcm tuning, some nitrous and slicks. ;)

CaliTheKid
11-30-2007, 00:54
Very nice cars -!! I have a 2007 BMW M6 and have a lot of fun with vettes!:cool:

69stingray
11-30-2007, 20:57
Congrads on the Z06, super car. I'd love to have one but can't without giving up my '69 big block 4 speed coupe (which is red by the way). I've owned a few over the years and driven many but this one's been mine for 25+ years now. After this amount of time it's like part of the family. It was my daily driver for several years but now it only gets to prowl about once a month or so. While it's not an L88 it's 427 is making 425 of old school horse power. It's more than enough to amaze and scare the stuff out of me. Ain't nothing like a vette except another vette... but hey that just me. There are lots of fast nice cars out there faster than mine I'm sure (well actually I know) but in 10 years or less most of them will be long forgotten but a vette will always be a vette. I've seen some stuff on a Corvette project called the "Blue Devil SS" 650 factory HP anybody heard anything?

CaliTheKid
12-02-2007, 01:22
Its going to be released in 2009 and it's going to be a monster. A quote on it:

"The displacement of the new powertrain is greater than that of the pushrod 7.0-liter V-8 in the Z06. 600 HP is a number that is not satisfactory for us. I would say comfortably in excess of 600 is the way I would term it.” As for 700 horses, “that would be a stretch,”. Tom Stephens [GM’s head of powertrain] would say, ‘Maybe in the second year.’ ” Which brings us back to our long-held contention that the car is packing a 650-hp V-8, although we expected it to be a supercharged 6.2-liter with an integrated intake-manifold intercooler. With the lightweight Z06 as a starting point, we expect the Blue Devil will make the sprint from 0 to 60 mph in fewer than 3.4 seconds."

Thats a VERY fast car. I have my M6 jacked up to about 525 HP and have it's 0-60 at 4.3. And it's sick fast-but I can't imagine doing it in a second less.

Gary G23
12-03-2007, 18:22
Find out the fuse to pull that opens up the exhaust... makes a bad ass car twice as bad! I know a couple of people with the new z06's and damn they sound so great!

Lower right hand corner of the fuse box under the passenger foot compartment. It works for the LS3 with the NPP exhaust also.

Gary G23
12-03-2007, 18:26
Its going to be released in 2009 and it's going to be a monster. A quote on it:

"The displacement of the new powertrain is greater than that of the pushrod 7.0-liter V-8 in the Z06. 600 HP is a number that is not satisfactory for us. I would say comfortably in excess of 600 is the way I would term it.” As for 700 horses, “that would be a stretch,”. Tom Stephens [GM’s head of powertrain] would say, ‘Maybe in the second year.’ ” Which brings us back to our long-held contention that the car is packing a 650-hp V-8, although we expected it to be a supercharged 6.2-liter with an integrated intake-manifold intercooler. With the lightweight Z06 as a starting point, we expect the Blue Devil will make the sprint from 0 to 60 mph in fewer than 3.4 seconds."

Thats a VERY fast car. I have my M6 jacked up to about 525 HP and have it's 0-60 at 4.3. And it's sick fast-but I can't imagine doing it in a second less.

The good thing about living where I do is that you get to see some VERY cool stuff long before the general public does.

69stingray
12-03-2007, 19:06
Thanks Kid, I Googled it and got a ton of info too, looks like the price is going to be over $100,000 all I can hope for is to win the lottery. Hopefully I'll get to at least drive one.

Gary G23 I'd guess you live in Bowling Green, I try to get up there at least once a year. I bet you do see some interesting stuff. The bash on Labor Day is usually great. Do you work at the plant? I known a few people there.

Clem Eastwood
12-04-2007, 02:24

so, stock they rate it to do 4.9 0-60, you added 25 hp and now it runs .6 quicker? how'd you time that?

i dont know that id consider a car that is claimed to have 500hp stock and only traps 115 in the 1/4 mile as "sick fast", but ok. what i dont understand is how those '06 M6s only run mid 13s with 115 mph. not to mention how a claimed 500hp only traps 115. theres some something wrong somewhere.

CaliTheKid
12-05-2007, 01:24
Actually stock they rate it at 4.5 and the M button has 279 variations of engine/suspension combinations/settings that you can milk an extra .3 - .5 off the time without much effort. Furthermore the engine has a limiter that can be raised to gets about an extra 15 - 25 horses and raise the top speed to 200MPH. I had Dinan do it. Dinan Engine Software for the M6 raises the factory rev-limiter by 150 rpm (8400 rpm maximum), endowing the V-10 with a broader power band and greater road speed potential in each gear. The software also removes the top speed governor, enabling the cars to attain their "natural" top speed; and the V-10s WILL pull right to red-line in top gear! The software also speeds up throttle response, providing a sportier feel and improved modulation capabilities. Dinan's software also provides re-calibration of the factory "torque limiting" programming, ensuring that maximum power is available under varying driving conditions. The combination of Dinan's re-calibration of ignition timing and air/fuel ratios, along with a simple modification to the stock air filter elements, produces a gain of 15 hp @ 8100 rpm and 15 lb-ft torque @ just 3000 rpm.

And if you really want to go nuts you can take out the catalytic convertor and put an exhaust,headers, take out all of the limiters, and put an intake and computer chip. The m6 will have about 700hp.

I dont know what you drive or what your definition of fast is but in my book anything at about 4 seconds is sick fast for a street car.

Clem Eastwood
12-05-2007, 12:54
Actually stock they rate it at 4.5 and the M button has 279 variations of engine/suspension combinations/settings that you can milk an extra .3=.5 off the time without much effort. Furthermore the engine has a regulator/governer chip that can be bypassed to take the top speed to 200+ and gets about an extra 25 horses.

I dont know what you drive or what your definition of fast is but in my book anything under 5 seconds is sick fast.

so how did you measure your 0-60 time? did you just calculate it?

CaliTheKid
12-05-2007, 19:30
We are just having fun talking about cars while you are just being a troll.

Cya troll.:tongueout::rofl::rofl::wavey:

Clem Eastwood
12-05-2007, 20:44
We are just having fun talking about cars while you are just being a troll.

Cya troll.:tongueout::rofl::rofl::wavey:

why cant you answer a simple question? you spout off numbers like your car has dyno sheets or time slips, now back it up. ill go back to working on my car now so i can go to the track again and RUN A NUMBER. im sure youll go back and read motor trend, road & track or whatever, cuz thats as close as youll ever get to running a timed speed contest. dont forget to turn on your heated seats.

LifterCatcher
12-15-2007, 13:26
:needspics:

ryucasta
12-15-2007, 17:59
Here's a Picture. It seems that the original pictures that I posted went away with the upgrade of the website.

arrowdriver
12-19-2007, 03:45
Grats on car.

I'm saving up for my first Corvette. Plan on getting a 2008 in mid 2010.... Why 2008? For the improved steering, and possibly the new leather interior....

Now to figure out how I am going to fit snow tires on it for driving it in Iowa in the winter time....

crazy
12-21-2007, 18:51
Now to figure out how I am going to fit snow tires on it for driving it in Iowa in the winter time....get a beater for winter.....between low clearance and mega torque, you don't want a Vette as your daily driver in snow country

epsylum
12-21-2007, 19:17
get a beater for winter.....between low clearance and mega torque, you don't want a Vette as your daily driver in snow country

+1

Get a used Subaru and see that it doesn't always require a ton of power to have fun in a car. Ever done a donut where you are spinning the car on its own axis (i.e. spinning like a top)? AWD does that. I was doing just that just last weekend. My buddy in the back seat about got sick. They are also very easy to slide in the snow. Very neutral handling when the rear end is kicked out.

BTW cograts on the Z06. That is a bad ass car.

JLB768
02-04-2008, 14:19
Not a Z06, but I love it anyway. Picked it up in December...2008 Black/Cashmere 3LT MN6

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/38/newvettepics028gj9.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/44/newvettepics002qd2.jpg

HushH
02-04-2008, 15:03
Very nice. Love the color combo.

JLB768
02-04-2008, 20:27
Very nice. Love the color combo.

Thank you. I'm gonna buy some black floor mats, the cashmere shows every speck of dirt off shoes.

cookingaway
02-04-2008, 22:03
great car and have fun,i got mine in 2004 before the price doubled.black with red and black interior.11 thousand under sticker price.cant wait for spring time.:countingsheep::woohoo: