whats the best state in the country for a hard core foodie? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : whats the best state in the country for a hard core foodie?

97guns
08-04-2007, 21:34
i just saw alton brown feasting on asphault and some of the food he was eating in new orleans/louissiana looked pretty delicious. i wouldnt mind trying some of that boudan, chitlins, and some of the other tastey porkie morsals. i dont think id go for the gator, frog legs or possum though. ive been to hawaii several times and it is my favorate place for good eats. there is a wide variety of asian foods as well as the local stuff and the portions are always humungus, i have many relatives there but i go there mainly for the food.

jawjaboy
08-05-2007, 04:05
Somebody say chitlin's? :eat:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/180px-ChitlinsSmall.jpg

The Pontificator
08-05-2007, 04:48
No. NO ONE said chitlins. :puking:

Mild Bill
08-12-2007, 20:03
If you're a hard core foodie as I am, every state is the best state...
Just parachute me in babaaay!

:beer:

Walter45Auto
08-12-2007, 20:15
Originally posted by 97guns
i dont think id go for the gator, frog legs

You would REALLY Be missing out!!! They're excellent meats. And not fatty either. :eat: :grill: Never tried possum so I can't speak for that.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

97guns
08-13-2007, 06:20
maybee thats why they dont appeal to me, not fatty enough. i meant to say cracklins not chitlins. i dont think i would be into chitlins. i saw another eposode today and he was grazin on andoulle sausage and head cheese and those looked pretty good.

MikeG22
08-14-2007, 18:51
New York or Cali would probably have the widest variety and ability to have just about any type of authentic foods.

RWBlue
08-18-2007, 20:42
Me thinks that you can be a hard core food guy in any big city. I have eaten very well in NewOrleans, NYC, Chicago, San Francisco.

NISMOTom
08-19-2007, 00:03
I've done some of the best eating in N'awlins, Chicago, Atlanta, New York, and Miami.

I'd have to say my favorite for sheer variety is probably Chicago. It comes down to the Asian foods available along with the (believe it or not) Tex-Mex. There is some really good Tex-Mex in Chi-Town from alot of first and second generation immigrants from south of the border.

Bren
02-29-2008, 07:44
i just saw alton brown feasting on asphault and some of the food he was eating in new orleans/louissiana looked pretty delicious. i wouldnt mind trying some of that boudan, chitlins, and some of the other tastey porkie morsals. i dont think id go for the gator, frog legs or possum though. ive been to hawaii several times and it is my favorate place for good eats. there is a wide variety of asian foods as well as the local stuff and the portions are always humungus, i have many relatives there but i go there mainly for the food.

You would eat chitlins...but not gator or frog legs? Your mind ain't right.:rofl: Gator is great...chitlins smell a little like what went through them.

RWBlue
02-29-2008, 09:15
What is a chitlins?

Gator and frog is good.

Minuteman
02-29-2008, 09:52
IMO, NYC and Houston are the best places for eating. About a zillion great places of everytype you can think of, and lots you would never have imagined.

Big Bird
03-01-2008, 07:48
Hands down, there is nothing you can't get either on a menu or in a specialty store in New York City. Chicago is a close second.

noway
03-01-2008, 17:12
Me thinks that you can be a hard core food guy in any big city. I have eaten very well in NewOrleans, NYC, Chicago, San Francisco.

ditto and I would add Memphis and Dallas ;)

Mild Bill
03-02-2008, 09:46
What is a chitlins?

Gator and frog is good.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/ChitlinsHistory.htm

SouthernGal
03-03-2008, 09:21
I have never seen a single person from Louisiana who didn't like to eat. Thank goodness they're only a state away from where I am.

I think one of their beliefs is that if something is enough of a nuisance, they eat it. Gotta love those folks.