Two questions about current training. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about current training.

BCR
08-05-2007, 02:46
1- Do all Marines still go to MCT after bootcamp, even if they are going to SOI after? I know I went to both, but I've talked to numerous folks who didn't think you went to MCT if you were 0300.

2- What is the current hand-to-hand training called and what is it based on? Back in 92 we had LINE training.

K9Glocker
08-05-2007, 05:30
03's go to SOI and the current martial arts program is MCMAP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Martial_Arts_Program)

Jay D.
08-05-2007, 11:00
just to go a little deeper if you are an 3 your will go to SOI only. All others go to MCT. You will never go to both. MCMAP stands for the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. It has a lot of the same things that the LINE training had. The 3 training types are edged weapons, unarmed, and weapons of opportunity. Hope this helps.

BCR
08-06-2007, 00:29
Originally posted by Jay D.
just to go a little deeper if you are an 3 your will go to SOI only. All others go to MCT. You will never go to both. MCMAP stands for the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. It has a lot of the same things that the LINE training had. The 3 training types are edged weapons, unarmed, and weapons of opportunity. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys.

I was an 0351 and went to both MCT and SOI. No doubt about it. That was back in 93. Alot of the 03's were pissed we had to go to both, but we did infact go to both.

Steve in PA
08-06-2007, 06:11
Hey....another 0351'er :thumbsup:

E Co, Wpns Plt 2/6
1979-1983