On getting help for war trauma [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : On getting help for war trauma

JustThinkin
08-05-2007, 08:57
Hey guys,
I am new here and have a very specific purpose for joining.
I haven't been in the military in a while, but I have never lost touch with it through my friends and some of my career relatives.
Lately (last few years, or so), I have become more aware of what is being done or NOT being done for soldiers coming back with mental trauma from the war.
Without stating my (biased) opinion of how good or bad the care/treatment is, I am asking if you would be willing to take the following ANONYMOUS survey.

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=754790

I am NOT TRYING TO GET EMAIL ADDRESSES OR CONTACT INFO - I worked pretty hard getting this survey set up to be done anonymously.

Please take a sec to look at it and maybe even take it - it is only 9 questions.

Thanks

JustThinkin
08-13-2007, 22:35
I have been asked many times for the results of the survey above (as part of the last answer).
I am TOTALLY willing to share the results on this forum and in other places I have it posted (it is YOUR opinion, afterall).
Although I am well on my way to getting it (37 so far), I haven't yet gotten the 100 I was shooting for and I don't want to sway the opinion of those who haven't taken it yet (kinda like showing exit polls before the voting is completed...). The only way I could inform you of the progress before it is done would be to email you -
You could help me get the number sooner, it doesn't take much time (9 questions) and your opinion is very valuable.
Rest assured, when it is done, I will post the results here.

Thanks VERY MUCH to those who have done it