Moved here from Indiana [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moved here from Indiana

WD8T
08-05-2007, 16:53
Holy sh** do you guys pay OTA for a permit!!! I still have an unexpired Indiana handgun license..hmmmm, wonder if it is still valid even though I now have a MI drivers license?

IN license was $25-$30 I believe. Total damage, including course, for the MI permit will be in the neighborhood of $230.00!!! WTF??? Must be the martinis talkin'

:rofl:

JohnJak
08-05-2007, 17:17
It helps pay for my personal retirement fund. Thanks for donating.

WD8T
08-05-2007, 17:40
Hello...911? I'm being stabbed, can you send someone? I would take care of this myself, but it was a little costly at the time....:winkie:

Trebor
08-05-2007, 22:16
Originally posted by W9RPE
I still have an unexpired Indiana handgun license..hmmmm, wonder if it is still valid even though I now have a MI drivers license?

No. Don't even think about carrying on your Indiana permit. Michigan ONLY recognizes Michigan Concealed Pistol Licenses for Michigan residetns. If you have a Michigan DL, or have established residency in some other way, you are a Michigan resident. They take this very seriously, btw.

Where are you located in the state? There are a bunch of us instructors here on the forum and one of us should be able to set you up with a class. I do classes monthly in Novi if you are in this area.

TAC-GLOCK
08-08-2007, 12:37
Unfortunately you'll soon find out the overall cost of living in Michigan is quite high, and soon to be higher.