Can i transport firearms from US to Phils? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can i transport firearms from US to Phils?

theTactician
08-07-2007, 02:06
hey guys, any of you out there who can give me an idea how i can transport firearms (handguns) from the US to the Phils?
is it restricted? or do you know anybody from customs who can allow me to bring in just a couple of firearms from the US? no intentions of selling firearms but for personal use only (add to my growing collection of firearms). Is there any chance that i can bring home these handguns? ") just inquiring ok. and i intend to have these guns licensed legally in the phils.

glockaddict
08-07-2007, 03:43
Hey Tactician,

Based on my readings and limited knowledge of Philippine gun laws, you have to be a Filipino citizen to get a license and transport firearms in the PI, which prohibits balikbayans and permanent residents of legally owning and transporting firearms. I think one way to get around this is to become a dual citizen and then apply for a firearm license. I don't know anything about the custom requirements in bringing in firearms from the US. I hope the experts in this forum will let us know because I am in the same predicament as you.

I am finding that concealed firearm permit (CFP) requirements are much more stringent here than in the US. I think you have to renew a CFP annually here whereas it's every five years in the States. Too bad there isn't a "Second Amendment" in the PI Constitution.

Valor1
08-07-2007, 03:54
Ain't worth the hassle. If you are migrating back to the Philippines, sell all of your handguns and then buy at the local gunstores. If you are just visitng and just intend to bring handguns with you, that would be very difficult or even impossible unless you are a competitive shooter, a diplomat or son of a politician.

Mang Danny
08-07-2007, 10:58
If getting your firearms into the Philippines is tough, to get it out of the US is tougher if not a nightmare. The paperworks alone will turn all your hair white.

My suggestion is to buy or rent guns in the Phil. & enjoy your vacation.

chowchow
08-07-2007, 16:06
Not worth it . Hassle masyado and maraming bureaucratic redtape.
Maybe if you are on a military mission with govt to govt approval. Bili kanalang sa Twin Pines ng Armscor, ayos pa walang problema.

isuzu
08-07-2007, 20:42
Importing of firearms by an individual was suspended indefinitely during the time of Ramos after a congressman brought with him several balikbayan boxes of high powered rifles and pistols late 80's through Naia.

You can bring your firearms to the Philippines and back to the US provided you are entering a sanctioned event such as IPSC.

glockaddict
08-09-2007, 02:41
Sir Isuzu:

Can a sanctioned event at the local level qualify in terms of bringing a pistol to the Philippines? Or does the event have to be at the national level? For example, I noticed that the West Point IDPA Club up in Baguio have local matches.

theTactician
08-09-2007, 04:02
i still have my glock 23 mariner in the philippines. probably i will just settle with that when i go for a vacation. i can just probably bring my rig from here to there. yun siguro baka pwede. you're right, hassle lang ang magdala ng baril papunta diyan.") thanks for the advice

isuzu
08-09-2007, 20:30
Originally posted by glockaddict
Sir Isuzu:

Can a sanctioned event at the local level qualify in terms of bringing a pistol to the Philippines? Or does the event have to be at the national level? For example, I noticed that the West Point IDPA Club up in Baguio have local matches.

I believe it has to be Level III or higher in IPSC. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

glockaddict
08-10-2007, 00:36
Sir Isuzu,

I haven't shot IPSC yet so I wouldn't know. It's probably also at the higher level of IDPA competition to qualify bringing in guns to the Philippines. But based on previous posts on this forum, it's probably better to just buy one at a local gun shop rather than hassle with the government red tape.