Jackson, MS show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jackson, MS show

SuperDave814
08-07-2007, 02:47
I'm sorry, I'm having comp. troubles, what is the requirement for a Face to Face sale? Thanks,

haras
08-07-2007, 04:37
Cash

You do want them to be of age. What are you selling?

NRA_guy
08-07-2007, 04:58
Sat 11 - Sun 12 August 2007

Great Southern Gun & Knife Show - Trade Mart Building in Jackson, Mississippi.

This is the "Ernie Bean" show.

I hope to go this time.

By the way, here is a link to the Trade Mart calendar:

LINK (http://www.mdac.state.ms.us/n_library/departments/fair_com/far_events.asp)

NoloContendere
08-07-2007, 10:07
Too bad I won't make this show. I'm going to Texas for a few days. Let me know how it goes, and if it has a reloading booth this time.

haras
08-11-2007, 21:30
Yes, Alabama Arms was there selling reloading supplies. He had some Federal pistol primers for 24.99 per 1000. He only had large pistol and small pistol magnum.

I have chronographed several loads using the small magnum primers where I usually use non-magnun and found only a 5fps increase in muzzle velocity and no increase in recoil. Several others report similar findings.

TheGreatGonzo
08-14-2007, 06:03
It wasn't great (Jackson shows have not been very good in years), but it was one of the better ones in a while. I found a pistol, so that made my happy. I was there early Sunday afternoon, but my wife told me that, later on Sunday afternoon, there was a Negligent Discharge into the ceiling.
Gonzo

NoloContendere
08-14-2007, 07:24
Originally posted by TheGreatGonzo
It wasn't great (Jackson shows have not been very good in years), but it was one of the better ones in a while. I found a pistol, so that made my happy. I was there early Sunday afternoon, but my wife told me that, later on Sunday afternoon, there was a Negligent Discharge into the ceiling.
Gonzo

Wow. Were the guns not checked and banded upon entering? I wonder if it was a vendors personal gun...

Glad nobody was hurt.