Housing Business in big decline. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Housing Business in big decline.

chowchow
08-07-2007, 20:30
California --no 1
Florida no 2
Texas no 3

Time for illegals to pack up and cross down south.

isuzu
08-07-2007, 20:32
Was that American Home Mortgage who declared bankruptcy today?

3kings
08-07-2007, 22:10
does this mean its buyers market again?

PMMA97
08-07-2007, 23:12
Originally posted by chowchow
Time for illegals to pack up and cross down south.

Or go up further north where business is booming.

Mang Danny
08-08-2007, 11:20
Originally posted by 3kings
does this mean its buyers market again?
Yes. In fact, new home builders are now offering all kinds of gimmicks and upgrades to unload their inventories.

chowchow
08-08-2007, 12:40
Buyers market alright. Wait for more crashes and it be lesser prices for buyers.

isuzu
08-08-2007, 20:28
Originally posted by PMMA97
Or go up further north where business is booming.

You're right (but a little bit expensive on their part)! There were four Mexicans who tried to enter the border without papers two weeks ago. Two of them were caught; two others missing. I presume the others who were not caught crossed the border successfully.

PMMA97
08-09-2007, 07:33
Originally posted by isuzu
You're right (but a little bit expensive on their part)! There were four Mexicans who tried to enter the border without papers two weeks ago. Two of them were caught; two others missing. I presume the others who were not caught crossed the border successfully.

I don't get it, I thought Mexicans can enter Canada without a visa and can adjust their status more freely once inside.

isuzu
08-09-2007, 20:14
I don't get it, I thought Mexicans can enter Canada without a visa and can adjust their status more freely once inside.

They can enter as tourists, but those four didn't have identification papers. They can work in Canada under NAFTA provided they already have an employer prior to entering Canada.

It's not that easy to work illegally in Canada compared to the US. You can't get your paycheck without your Social Insurance Number. S.I.N. numbers of people with working visas are different with people who have immigrant status or citizens.

Back in the late 80's, even a tourist could get a Social Security Number in the US to open a bank account or get a driver's license. Tourists here in Canada can't open a bank account or get a driver's license. What's worse is that driver's licenses in California are mailed when they get renewed. There's no way of checking if the person is an illegal alien or not. Here in Canada, you have to personally go to the Registries Office to renew your license.

PMMA97
08-09-2007, 22:57
Thanks for clarifying isuzu.

isuzu
08-10-2007, 06:47
Thanks for clarifying isuzu.

No problem.;)