*&*^&^!! Carmike [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : *&*^&^!! Carmike

Bonk
08-08-2007, 16:09
This is the email I sent to Carmike an hour ago.
-------------------

The contact website is apparently not working, here is what I would have submitted. Please pass it along to the appropriate people. Thanks.

I took my wife to see "The Bourne Ultimatum" today at theater # 075244 in Roanoke, VA. Or should I say, "try to see". The movie start time was 1:15pm, and we were in our seats right at 1:15 despite having to stand outside in the 97 degree heat for ten minutes while waiting for tickets.

As expected, the previews started, and went on for about ten minutes, no surprise there and I usually enjoy the previews. Then the screen went dark...and nothing happened until the theater lights came on after a minute. All 200-or so of us sat there for another five minutes in a completely lit theater, with barely working air conditioning, until it went dark again...and the previews started. About five minutes into the second run of previews, the projector locked up. Again, nothing happened. No announcement, no explanation, no nothing. By this time it was 1:45. I sat there, along with the rest of the crowd, looking at a stuck screen for another five minutes, until a customer, who had apparently gone to the bathroom, announced, "they said the projector is broken".

Where was the announcement? Where was the offer of a refund or another movie? Nowhere to be seen.

At this point, I, along with most of the theater, had had enough and got up and left. I asked the ticket-taker where to go to get a refund, and she pointed towards the front register. I then had to stand in line for another ten minutes before anyone opened the register, and one of the clerks started passing out cash refunds down the line.

This theater has been my primary movie site for the past ten years, but I am seriously starting to doubt whether it will continue to be so. I am extremely disappointed, actually very irritated with the experience today. I am not normally one to get too wound uo about things like this since I know projectors break and films wear out, but the way this was handled was completely unacceptable. An offer of another movie and maybe a coupon for some free popcorn by someone who actually looked like they care that I had just wasted half an hour of my day would have made all the difference, and would have guaranteed my further patronage of your theater. As it is, it is in serious doubt, and I am actively looking to see what your competition can offer.

Sincerely,

[me]

Dan
08-08-2007, 17:20
I went there yesterday and took my nephew to see Harry Potter and they had a problem getting the movie started or just forgot to start it. After 20 minutes I came to find out a bunch of kids running the joint and the kid in charge with green hair & jewelry all over his face says "Dude I don't know" .:upeyes:

Last time I go there

Wolfgang
08-08-2007, 18:36
Originally posted by Dan
the kid in charge with green hair & jewelry all over his face says "Dude I don't know" .:upeyes:

Poor kid fell in his Dad's tackle box....

RussP
08-09-2007, 13:26
Originally posted by Wolfgang
Poor kid fell in his Dad's tackel box.... That is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

22collector
08-09-2007, 18:30
Tell you what, I think that out of the three local theaters in the area Valley View, Tanglewood, and Salem 8, Tanglewood is the best bang for your buck. I have never had a problem there. I really just don't feel that safe running around the Valley View area after dark. I know that Bonk is a local law enforcement officer and I commend him and all his co-workers for what they do in the area, but that place just gives me the creeps when it gets really late. I went to see Zodiac when it came out and about 50 minutes into it they evacuated the building. It was evidentially a cardboard fire in a back room and they let everyone back in about 30 minutes later. Personally the theater is the most comfortable and clean looking but it just seems like really bad management and waaaaaaay too young employees if you ask me.

DannyR
08-10-2007, 04:22
I prefer the theater down on Smith Mountain Lake. All are about the same distance from my home in Hardy. I avoid Valley View 24/7.

F.W.I.W., I hope to see the Harry Potter flick at the I-Max in Chantilly next weekend.

22collector
08-10-2007, 09:24
I saw harry potter on Imax about a week ago in Charleston SC it was awesome.

Bonk
08-10-2007, 18:41
The Harry Potter flick was good, even for someone who had no idea what in the hell was going on, like me.

Saw it VVG at 1:10 on Tuesday. :supergrin: