Lifelong Bank of America customer now [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lifelong Bank of America customer now

4095fanatic
08-09-2007, 06:45
http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/News/Bank-Steps-up-for-Injured-Heroes-/46$55853

Tvov
08-09-2007, 20:54
Can't seem to get the link to me. Can you post a copy of it?

4095fanatic
08-10-2007, 09:10
Stupid /url thing. Anyway, fixed :).

Tvov
08-10-2007, 09:19
Thanks for the fixed link.

That is great what BofA did for the officer.

D25
08-11-2007, 11:18
What BofA is doing in this case is good.

10 years ago when my house burned to the ground, BofA was absolutely inhumane in their treatment of me and my finances. I will never do business with them, and am forced to believe that this is just a marketing department ploy concocted by a bunch of suits to ride the coat-tails of people who actually go out and make a difference in the world. Sorry for the rant, but I absolutely dispise that company.

4095fanatic
08-11-2007, 12:28
Originally posted by D25
What BofA is doing in this case is good.

10 years ago when my house burned to the ground, BofA was absolutely inhumane in their treatment of me and my finances. I will never do business with them, and am forced to believe that this is just a marketing department ploy concocted by a bunch of suits to ride the coat-tails of people who actually go out and make a difference in the world. Sorry for the rant, but I absolutely dispise that company.

I'm sorry to hear that, but for me, it's always been positive. I was once stuck on the ambulance for about 18 hours, we were busy as hell. Needless to say, we don't have computers in the ambulance, and I was unable to use online banking to pay my credit card. I called the 1-800 number at 11pm when we finally got back into the firehouse, got someone on the line, and had the charges removed within half an hour.

D25
08-11-2007, 17:33
That's cool; it's getting rare in that industry, it seems. Maybe they are different now.

nsb22
08-14-2007, 20:34
I don't know if they still have the program, but they were helping FF's and LEO's buy homes, as long as they were paid FF's and LEO's. If you were a vollie they pretty much told you to go pound dirt.

That's my experience with them.

gloxter
08-17-2007, 19:47
I will NEVER do business with a financial institution that CHARGES ME to keep my money there. That's why I canned Wells Fargo nearly ten years ago. They wanted to charge me monthly "access fees" for ATM-only transactions/business.

B of A was similar in that regard. F-em both. Washington Mutual kicks butt.

Stupid rant over. -gloxter

M_Dail
09-03-2007, 15:47
I hope BOA fails miserably & their owners/managers are reduced to begging in the streets.

BOA is giving credit cards to illegals with no requirement of a SSN or any other legal identification. All the while they turned around and jacked my rate to 24.99% and I don't even carry a balance with them....wtf is that all about? I guess it's just one more case of us paying for the illegals.