Bridges of Madison County.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bridges of Madison County....

kcb
08-09-2007, 20:26
I've read the book, seen the movie, and the movie just happened to be on T.V. tonight.

:hearts:

I love the music in the movie, and would love to find a CD with some of it. But, I found this summary of the movie, while searching for the music,

Great quotes here: :hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8AkgBMRY9M

:sad: :crying: :hearts:

Mrs. Tink
08-09-2007, 20:46
LMAO. This is my father-in-law's FAVORITE movie, so we can't watch it with straight faces. :rofl:

In a purely objective sense, however, this IS a nice movie. :)

kcb
08-09-2007, 20:58
Originally posted by Mrs. Tink
LMAO. This is my father-in-law's FAVORITE movie, so we can't watch it with straight faces. :rofl:

It isn't my favorite movie but I like it.

Your father-in-law's favorite movie? :rofl:

I was thinking as I was watching it tonight, how UNLIKELY that scenario would be to happen today. A stranger is lost in my neighborhood, might get a bottle of water and sent on their merry way, IF that much! Certainly, there'd be NO getting in the car with him and showing him the place!

The supervisor of the Sanitation Engineers brought me a cold bottle of water when I was working in my flower beds out front one day, and my husband banned me from working in the yard unless he is out there working with me!

:shocked:

:rofl:

kcb
08-09-2007, 22:36
Originally posted by Mrs. Tink

Quick! Call your Father-in-law!!! It's on AGAIN!!! right now!!!

I can't stay up to watch it! I have a 10 a.m. appointment at the Salon!

:yawn:

Mrs. VR
08-10-2007, 07:08
I never saw the movie, but the book was surprisingly good. and :crying:

kcb
08-10-2007, 13:34
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
I never saw the movie, but the book was surprisingly good. and :crying:

The book was good. I love the scenery in the movie!

And Meryl Streep is beautiful in a very plain way. They do everything to make her a plain Jane in this movie but there are some shots of her that make her look stunning!

We all need someone to follow us around and make us plain Jane's look "stunning" once in a while!

:supergrin:

BrassInPocket
08-10-2007, 17:42
I was so happy that I didn't go to the theater to watch that movie. I cried...and couldn't stop!

Did the same thing with 'The Notebook' too.

kcb
08-10-2007, 22:14
Originally posted by BrassInPocket
I was so happy that I didn't go to the theater to watch that movie. I cried...and couldn't stop!

Did the same thing with 'The Notebook' too.

I read the book, The Notebook, and needed a BOX of tissues at the theatre when I saw the movie! I own the DVD now. That is definitely one of my favorites. I have watched it within the last two weeks!

WIG19
08-14-2007, 12:23
Originally posted by kcb
We all need someone to follow us around and make us plain Jane's look "stunning" once in a while!

:supergrin: Stunning plain Janes are that way whether someone sees them through a viewfinder or not - they simply are.
;)

The Pontificator
10-13-2007, 10:37
http://www.amazon.com/Bridges-Madison-County-Motion-Picture/dp/B000002MZS

9.98 at Amazon.com

rhikdavis
10-13-2007, 10:51
Originally posted by kcb
It isn't my favorite movie but I like it.

Your father-in-law's favorite movie? :rofl:

I was thinking as I was watching it tonight, how UNLIKELY that scenario would be to happen today. A stranger is lost in my neighborhood, might get a bottle of water and sent on their merry way, IF that much! Certainly, there'd be NO getting in the car with him and showing him the place!

The supervisor of the Sanitation Engineers brought me a cold bottle of water when I was working in my flower beds out front one day, and my husband banned me from working in the yard unless he is out there working with me!

:shocked:

Well, if you hadn't have been wearing those 'daisy duke' shorts....

kcb
10-15-2007, 16:13
Originally posted by rhikdavis
Well, if you hadn't have been wearing those 'daisy duke' shorts....

With mud up to my eyeballs!!!

Yep a true beauty when doing yard and pool work!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:tongueout:

kcb
10-15-2007, 16:14
Originally posted by The Pontificator
http://www.amazon.com/Bridges-Madison-County-Motion-Picture/dp/B000002MZS

9.98 at Amazon.com

Thanks! Looks like a great buy!

:thumbsup:

racer11
10-17-2007, 22:58
I went to the town where the movie was filmed at and checked out the movie sites,,,,really neet to see in person. The town is really a romantic setting in itself and they have a old time indoor theatre just like it was in the 50's-60's and I saw Men in Black.