American Shooters Supply in LV [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : American Shooters Supply in LV

crazypilot
08-12-2007, 22:42
I had a rude salesman at the American Shooters Supply here in LV. I was looking to purchase a G27 and had called Glock Inc. asking where in LV are they offering the LEO/Military deals and have the agreement with the company. They mentioned that American Shooters Supply was the only store. Well I was browsing around and asked if they had a G27 and how much it would be with the discount. The salesman said that they do not offer the discount to military, only to LEO. I told him that Glock mentioned your store as being part of the agreement. The salesman got mad, and said "well how many are you". I looked at him confused. He said "all of these guns will be gone by the end of the week because of the LEOs and you're the only one military trying to purchase". I looked at him, said whatever and walked out. So I went to another store and purchased it. I will never go there to purchase anything again. I will go use the range but the salesman are rude and the store is expensive.
Has anyone else had any issues with them?

JimBianchi
08-13-2007, 13:29
Sounds like the Arville store. Salesmen suck and are not helpful.

I've never had a problem with the Boulder Highway store.

FWIW, The Gun Store is almost always cheaper than the others.

John's 26
08-15-2007, 11:06
I don't patronize The Gun Store or American Shooters if I plan on purchasing a gun. I have pretty much bought all my guns at Discount Firearms. Better priced, better customer service, have never experienced "gun store commando's" behind the counter there either.

For Christmas last year, my sweetie :hearts: bought me a G38. I'm retired Air Force, which makes her a "retired dependent" Discount Firearms still sold her the G38 LEO package at the discounted price!

Discount Firearms is for sale, so I don't know what will happen to their reputation when they sell.

John

crazypilot
08-15-2007, 13:15
That's where I bought my G27. I still go back there to look around. I purchased a pierce ext. and they installed it for free. I asked how much it would be to install some NS and they said for free (even if I didn't purchase it there). I will continue to go back there.

momwithaglock
08-17-2007, 19:55
I bought my Glock at American Shooters on Arville. They couldn't have been nicer - but my husband had already established a relationship w/ one of the sales staff there so that may have made the difference in my case.

Bad service is inexcusable anywhere.