Tenessee resident coming to Atlanta for a week. One question. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tenessee resident coming to Atlanta for a week. One question.

ecmills
08-15-2007, 11:57
I'll be in Atlanta next week (Monday through Friday) for work-related training. The Marrietta/Kennesaw area, specifically.

Are there any clubs or indoor ranges that do an IDPA or IPSC type of shooting during the week? We've got two local indoor ranges that shoot informal-IDPA matches once a week here in Memphis, and if there's something similar down near Atlanta, I'd hate to miss the chance to shoot with a new group of guys. :)

Also, are there any funky carry laws I should be aware of? Tennessee, for example, won't let you carry wherever alcohol is sold for on-site comsumption. So carrying a gun at Chili's or almost any resturaunt is a no-go.

Thanks guys. :)

brazen_atl
08-16-2007, 08:26
On Tuesday Nights in Cumming there is a shoot

http://www.northatlantaactionshooters.org/

It's a bit of a haul from the Kennesaw area, at that time of day I'd expect about an hour or so with traffic (welcome to Atlanta traffic).
Take hwy 92 from Kennessaw area over the GA400 and go north.

Hopefully someone else knows of something closer.

TenMillimeter
08-16-2007, 10:55
We've got the same law here. Also, publicly owned buildings are off limits, as well as sporting events, churches and any type of school, plus public gatherings such as parades. Most anywhere else - you're ok.

Adam5
08-17-2007, 21:49
GA carry laws are very similar to TN. Maybe I'll see you at Bullseye Tuesday night.

I grew up in Memhis. Are there any plabs to re-open the Sheriffs range on Walnut Grove eventually?

If you need directions to Bullseye send me a PM or look at their webste for their number.

Bullseye Marksman (http://www.bullseyemarksman.com)

Adam

jp233
08-20-2007, 10:27
if you will be in Marietta/Kennesaw, there is Ed's/Nicks on Canton Rd in Marietta. Not sure if they do IDPA/IPSC there but it's a place to shoot.

Also up the road a little ways on Canton Rd is Pannel's, another indoor range.

Yup yup on the carry laws. Bass-ackwards on the "public gathering" rule and that you cant carry into any place that serves alkie to be drank on-site.