Please keep us posted on the progress of reciprocity [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Please keep us posted on the progress of reciprocity

cwood
08-15-2007, 19:44
Hello, All

I am only a visitor here. One day I hope to be a visitor to your state again.

For all of us who don't live in Nevada, I would appreciate it very much if you good folks could keep the rest of us posted on the progress of Concealed Carry reciprocity.

We are all generally aware that a reciprocity bill was signed into law recently and that it will soon go into effect. The problem is that it is difficult to keep up with what the AG has done and when and then there is the matter of the Police Chief's Assn, etc.

I am sure that there are a lot of us who would be grateful for updates as the flow of news concerning this matter is sketchy at best outside of Nevada and your AG doesn't seem to have a specific section on her website regarding this matter.

Thanks again in advance. You are welcome to come visit Texas with your Nevaada CHL as our Governor Perry has declared a one way proclomation welcoming your use of your Nevada CHL in Texas.

RMTactical
08-17-2007, 00:42
+1 on keeping us updated

I am ex-Nevadan who comes back often. I have a permit there, but it's a pain to have to do that one and my Utah one all the time...

rob.lund
08-18-2007, 08:51
I will post up any details I find. I generally try to keep up.

cwood
09-18-2007, 14:55
Bump to remind all to keep us posted on states recipricity progress. Thanks

osiruscyn
09-18-2007, 16:16
nothing is going to happen until after Oct. 1. That is when the AG can start negotiating with other states.

MikeDawg
10-09-2007, 10:12
As the previous post said, Nevada passed some new reciprocity rules. Now, Utah, and probably others, CCWs are now good here.

MikeDawg
10-09-2007, 10:13
Originally posted by RMTactical
+1 on keeping us updated

I am ex-Nevadan who comes back often. I have a permit there, but it's a pain to have to do that one and my Utah one all the time...

You're in luck now, as of 10/1/07 your Utah permit will be accepted here in NV.

Quiet
10-13-2007, 13:24
Since, no one has posted the list in this scetion yet.

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Effective Oct 1, 2007

In accordance with Senate Bill 237 passed by the 2007 Nevada Legislature the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Missouri
Nebraska
Tennessee
Utah

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issuee at all times while carrying a firearm.

Department of Public Safety
Records and Technology Division
808 W. Nye Lane
Carson City, NV 89703
(775)684-6262
http://nvrepository.state.nv.us/Special/CCW_CHANGE.shtml

Tazdevils610
10-29-2007, 14:31
Does Nevada's CCW still exempt you when you purchase Firearms. Thought I heard that they change the law.

crazypilot
10-30-2007, 02:35
Yes it still does.

Tazdevils610
10-31-2007, 09:25
Thanks Crazypilot