Who's going to the Roanoke gun show this weekend? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Roanoke gun show this weekend?

Dan
08-15-2007, 23:41
I'll be there, wondering if some local GT'ers want to meet up at a certain time?

DannyR
08-16-2007, 04:04
I may go. Someone pick a time and a place.

Dan
08-17-2007, 18:20
Im going Saturday and may go Sunday if I have nothing else better to do.

I will be wearing a "Officer Daniel Faulkner (Philadelphia Police Officer shot and killed by Mumia Abu Jamal)" Blue t-shirt. I doubt anyone will have one of those on. Can't miss it, the back of the shirt is worth reading!

If you see me, stop me and of course my name is Dan.

DannyR, I wouldn't know where to meet, this is my first time at the Roanoke show.

Bonk
08-17-2007, 19:10
Maybe Sunday morning. My wife is working nights this weekend, and I am under standing orders to get myself and my daughter out of the house for at least six hours a day. The gun show may prove to be a complete waste of time, but at least it's air conditioned. :thumbsup:

DannyR
08-17-2007, 22:46
If I can make it, I'll be wearing a yellow GSSF Range Officer golf shirt. I'm short, fat, old and ugly.

Dan
08-18-2007, 15:35
First time I ever seen the State have a computer set up at the gun show for vendors to run the background checks.

Bonk
08-19-2007, 15:06
I didn't go, I'll get myself something at RF this week to make it up. Did I miss anything?

Dan
08-19-2007, 20:03
From what I was told and heard from others...(I can't say since it was my first time there):

It was the best show Roanoke has had in a long time, even though it was only one floor, still the best show they have had.

DannyR
08-20-2007, 02:56
Sorry I had to miss it, but I worked to help my daughter get ready for her move to Fairfax later this week. Gosh that girl has a lot of stuff to pack. It has been exciting: First job since graduating from William & Mary, first apartment, first car. Although she will be 230 miles from us, she will only be 4 miles from her older sister. This time next week the nest will be empty.