I've lost 10 pounds! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I've lost 10 pounds!

pixel218
08-16-2007, 08:15
Hi everyone, I'm really excited about losing 10 pounds, and I wanted to share my good news. :) I am 21, 5'4, and I have weighed 198-200lbs for the past several months. Since several major health issues run in my family, including obesity, heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and Type 2 diabetes, I finally realized that I was running a serious risk of developing something if I didn't shed some pounds. Plus I was just tired of being fat. :) So 2 weeks ago I started dieting. (No exercise at this time, due to various injuries, but as soon as I can I am going to start exercising as well.)

I weighed myself today and I am down to 190 and my BMI is down to 32 (from 35)! :banana:

c-mama
08-16-2007, 08:51
Great job!

I started going to Curves in May and have lost 9 lbs and 14 inches. I, too, am very excited to be losing weight and getting in shape.

:cheerleader:

Mrs. Tink
08-16-2007, 11:25
Hecks yes! I'm on board with you, girls! Since Feb I have lost 18 pounds of scale weight and have lost more fat than that, because I gots new muscles popping out all over the place! I have quadrupled my squat weight. I run up the stairs now instead of trudging. I love it!!

COngrats to both of you! :dancingbanana:

c-mama
08-16-2007, 12:35
Meghann! That's awesome! Great job. :cheerleader:

pixel218
08-16-2007, 14:06
Congrats to all of us! :perfect10:

This is slightly off-topic, but I think I'm allowed to hijack my own thread. :) Do any of you take vitamins? If so, what do you take? I know I should, because I don't like vegatables, I have an iron deficiency, and I recently discovered that I'm lactose intolerant, so calcium is now a problem too. What are some good vitamins? Should I take a multi-vitamin, or a few different "specialty" vitamins for stuff I really need?
Thanks!

MrsKitty
08-16-2007, 16:01
First, congrats!

About the vitamins...I have always done Flintstone chewables for multi-vitamins. Now, I do 500mg of calcium + vit D, flax seed oil, a B complex and magnesium, zinc and something combo. I don't drink milk so I need the calcium, the flax seed is just good for me and the last is supposed to prevent migraines but I can't tell it is working.

MB-G26
08-16-2007, 19:39
Good for you!! I'll bet you are starting to feel better, too?

I have also lost weight.... and I'm only like 5'1", so it's not like I have enough height to hide excess ;)

Unfortunately, it's not a beneficial diet that did it, rather, uncontrolled colitis since the beginning of April. Have lost almost 20 lbs, most of it in the last two months. Az summer heat does help in the appetite suppression department, tho.

Glockgirl26
08-17-2007, 07:10
Good news all around!:)

I've lost 18 pounds since May, just by moderating my diet. I'd put on ten pounds or so over the winter and decided I wasn't going to buy new pants. So I've lost more than I gained and it's a damn good feeling!

I started taking a multi-vitamin right away when I decided to diet, I take the one that's supplemented with EGCG for a weight loss supplement. After a recent osteoporosis scare I'm thinking of adding a calcium supplement to my daily regime too.

ETA, one other thing I started doing was eating something small for breakfast, every day. I've always been one of those people who never ate until about noon, but everything I read said that people who conistently eat a healthy breakfast are usually leaner and more able to keep weight off than people who do not. Well, I've been doing something right as the weight came off and it's staying off!

kcb
08-17-2007, 17:56
Congratulations Pixel, Meaghan, Glockgirl, Mel, and Deb!

I am bumping up exercise again, as soon as I recover from this last procedure I had to undergo!

When you are petite, 5 pounds makes a huge difference. Doctors injected me with Steroids in Januaray....:miff: I had maintained
my ideal weight for several years until that happened.

NOW, I have to lose a few pounds!

Good luck to all and Congratulations to all!

:hugs: :hearts:

MB-G26
08-17-2007, 21:17
Steroid injections and oral cortisteroids will do it, every damn time :sad:

kcb
08-18-2007, 15:32
Originally posted by MB-G26
Steroid injections and oral cortisteroids will do it, every damn time :sad:

Yes, yes they do! :sad:

Keeps us humble, I suppose!

That and SOME of the men we deal with in our lives.

:upeyes: :hugs:

:supergrin:

Mrs. VR
08-18-2007, 19:21
congrats to everyone who is losing (because they want to!) :woohoo: