Where to shoot? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot?

Rijndael
08-16-2007, 14:09
I've lived in Huntsville my whole life and I learned to shoot hunting. I don't hunt these days and I would really like to get my kids out and teach them to shoot. But Larry's is the only place in town, and kids can't shoot handguns on the range. All of the places I shot at when growing up are now subdivisions and hunting clubs. No big open fields or river banks to plink at anymore. Could anyone recommend something in the Tennessee Valley, I don't have the time to travel, say south of Birmingham.

FM12
08-17-2007, 00:18
Check the previous posts in the Heart of Dixie posts about the Blue & Gray club.

W Turner
08-22-2007, 12:00
There is a public range at the Swan Creek WMA. It is just off Highway 31 between Decatur and Athens. 3 of the 4 shooting bays have covered benches and it's a pretty nice place for a public range.

Anyone of age to buy a hunting license has to have a WMA permit or hunting license, but that's it as far as requirements go.

Keep your guard up. Most of the guys there are ok, but it being a public range, some yahoos do show up occasionally.

Bull

bamarammin87
12-17-2007, 18:31
theres a reeeeally nice place in cullman. costs 15 dollars for all day shooting. 0 yards up to 500 yards. pistol ranges with battery powered lines to bring your target back and forth. and that price includes a golf cart to drive back and forth to targets!