Extended Slide Stop Levers <opinions> [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Extended Slide Stop Levers <opinions>

RIPPED
08-17-2007, 15:39
Who has or has had, an extended slide stop lever on their Glock pistol? I am wondering if they make a viable difference. Ever since I put a wolff guide rod w #14 spring in the 23c. It seems as if mine is a lil tougher on the thumb to get it to drop down with the factory slide stop lever.
Does the extended lever hinder carry?
Does the extended lever snag?

Installation is not a problem. I can take a 23 down and back together blindfolded.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated be them good or bad.. I am looking for honest end user reviews on the part in question.. Thanks

mike23
08-17-2007, 22:12
I have extended slide stop levers on my 23 & 19. I like them because I seem to get a better purchase on the lever when I'm locking the slide to the rear.

JimBianchi
08-17-2007, 22:24
It's the only mod to my G30.

Original was just to small for my fat fingers.

Steve Koski
08-18-2007, 00:42
I've put them on all of my Glocks since they were invented. Dramatic improvement over the stock design.

happyguy
08-18-2007, 09:06
I shoot thumbs forward.

With the extended slide stop in place I often got premature slide lock.

When I tried to modify my grip the slide wouldn't stay back.

I removed the extended slide stop.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

rfd339
08-24-2007, 23:41
Originally posted by Steve Koski
I've put them on all of my Glocks since they were invented. Dramatic improvement over the stock design. im doing the same now. my g35 came stock with it and i like the ease of operation , so i have 4 on order for my other glocks.

GlockRik
08-25-2007, 00:13
I take them off all my Glocks that I shoot in competitions (G35, G34).
Cause me to many problems with my grip and either the slide not locking back because my thumb ends up on top of it, I also shoot 1911s and am probaby not going to break this habit, or locking back because I bumped it up.

I have one on my G26 and have no plans to remove it.

As you can see this is different for a lot of folks. You'll just have to try it and see if it works for you.

Good Glokin,
Rik

desertdisciple
08-25-2007, 00:18
+1 for extended!
in fact while up in Phoenix, I had Glockmeister put in the 'Essentials Kit':
3.5# connector
mep sites
extended slide stop
stainless steel guide rod

got the stainless KKM barrel later...just to have the option of non compensation...

GLOCK ON!
:banana:

desertdisciple
08-25-2007, 13:53
My 23c...w/o the "C"

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/desertdisciple/100_6843.jpg

GMAN40
08-26-2007, 05:16
I installed one on my G21. The extention made it alot easier to close the slide in a hurry. I'm a southpaw so I don't have any problems with prematurely closing the slide with my thumbs. In fact I was so impressed, I'm going to order one for my G23.

duncan
08-26-2007, 14:50
Originally posted by Steve Koski
I've put them on all of my Glocks since they were invented. Dramatic improvement over the stock design.

All of my Glocks wear the Lone Wolf brand in black:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/images/products/LWD-ESLL.jpg

Great improvement field stripping the gun and does not affect profile or holster fit.

No problems.

Do it!

Steve Koski
08-26-2007, 15:08
Dunc,

That's a slide lock, not a slide stop lever. Close, but no cigarette.

Koski

sethmark
09-06-2007, 01:18
I bought my Glock to shoot only in IDPA (not a carry piece). I found the original part to be inaccessible for my small Fred Flintstone hands and that the extended lever made all the differnce for quick slide lock mag changes. I also shoot thumbs forward, but my hands are small enough that the tiny additional bump isn't an issue.

AFAIK, it'll stay and is an improvement over the stock piece.

Texas49er
02-16-2010, 01:25
Who has or has had, an extended slide stop lever on their Glock pistol? I am wondering if they make a viable difference. Ever since I put a wolff guide rod w #14 spring in the 23c. It seems as if mine is a lil tougher on the thumb to get it to drop down with the factory slide stop lever.
Does the extended lever hinder carry?
Does the extended lever snag?

Installation is not a problem. I can take a 23 down and back together blindfolded.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated be them good or bad.. I am looking for honest end user reviews on the part in question.. Thanks

Stop using the slide stop lever to release the slide. The recommended procedure is to use the other hand to pull & release the slide into battery.