Phoenix gun Center on 19th AVE (use to be Machine Gun Kelly's) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix gun Center on 19th AVE (use to be Machine Gun Kelly's)

akapennypincher
08-18-2007, 11:32
I was there yesterday to look and see what was new in the shop. Funny thing was the owner STEVE was GRIPING about how poor business was with (2) Employees. Funny thng was now one ever ask if I wanted to se anything, or needed help. I was ignored. Wonder why businees is bad???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jaws48
08-19-2007, 09:18
Had the same experience at the shop on 19th Ave but it was not big deal to me since I already knew exactly what I needed and that they had the best price at the time. Had I not initiated the exchange I'd still be standing there.

Additionally, I had a similar experience at the shop (don't remember the name) on Cave Creek south of Cactus. The guy behind the counter couldn't be bothered to even say hello when I walked in even though there was no one else in the store.

At Lone Wolf in Glendale, I had an excellent customer service experience on my first visit...next time, I again had to initiate the exchange to even get one of the two sales guys to look at me. Next time I visited, the same salesman from the first visit was there and again, friendly, "average Joe" type-non threatening, etc. Store is bright open, well merchandised. Bought a weapon there recently, which went well.

Chalked the less than sterling customer service experiences up to my button down geek look...who'd dress like that in 2007 and further who dressed like that would be interested in a weapon?

A gun shop is a foreign place to many who might be considering a purchase. A little friendly conversation would go a long way to gain a customer and in some cases even bring a fence sitter to the pro side. I think these aren't bad people. It is just that they do not have good customer service skills or don't use the one's they have.

Look at the big retailer's selling weapons...the counters are full and a good percentage of the people at the counter are not currently active gun people. These stores are selling guns at a record pace at premium prices...why... bright surroundings, good display, and finally friendly (non-threatening), and in most cases knowledgeable sales people.

Sorry for the long post but I've thought a lot about this subject...I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me.

Jaws

akapennypincher
08-21-2007, 16:37
Originally posted by jaws48

Sorry for the long post but I've thought a lot about this subject...I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me.

Jaws

Not just U...

rocket469
09-08-2007, 16:48
I've always had real good service at Guns Plus in Suprise, Dysart/Grand.
Now I'm stationed in Tucson. Diamondback is the best I found here.

My .02

Cousin
09-09-2007, 09:04
Just my opinions based upon my own experiences, not a plug.

Shooter's Vault on Greenway and 32nd (NE corner) in Phoenix is friendly and very customer-oriented. Excellent service, too. Bear Arms on the NE corner of Scottsdale and Gold Dust is a also fine shop, well-staffed, friendly and helpful. Neither shop ignores anyone and the staff regularly asks browsers if anyone needs help. Both shops have good inventories of guns and accessories.

I'm always amazed, especially at the gun shows, when the folks behind the tables ignore the browsers and potential buyers. Why be in this particular line of work, i.e. shows, if you don't enjoy being around lots of people and if you can't put up with the non-buyers and occasional dimwit?

blueiron
09-12-2007, 20:23
Originally posted by Cousin
Why be in this particular line of work, i.e. shows, if you don't enjoy being around lots of people and if you can't put up with the non-buyers and occasional dimwit?

Lots of hobbyists turned their love of guns into a business. Being a gun dealer has little to do with guns and much to do with customer service, inventory, profit margins, overhead, taxes, legal compliance, and a myriad of other issues. Many dealers can't make the jump from hobbyist to sales merchant. They turned their love of guns into a love of money only.

MooseJaw
09-12-2007, 20:50
Originally posted by Cousin

I'm always amazed, especially at the gun shows, when the folks behind the tables ignore the browsers and potential buyers. Why be in this particular line of work, i.e. shows, if you don't enjoy being around lots of people and if you can't put up with the non-buyers and occasional dimwit?

Maybe they just like to pack, unpack and haul their stuff all over..

:rofl:

Or maybe they're just *******s.

akapennypincher
09-15-2007, 12:39
Originally posted by MooseJaw
Maybe they just like to pack, unpack and haul their stuff all over..

:rofl:

Or maybe they're just *******s.

So what else is NEW, and the Vendor at GUN SHOW BIT too about poor sales.... Personally I like going to (1) Gun Show per year, but never have found smoking deals... :suntan: :suntan:

AZG30guy
09-27-2007, 20:21
Originally posted by rocket469
I've always had real good service at Guns Plus in Suprise, Dysart/Grand.
Now I'm stationed in Tucson. Diamondback is the best I found here.

My .02

Rocket man, have you been to the Marksman Pistol Inst, in Tucson? Great bunch of guys there but not the bigest selection.

reconvic
10-18-2007, 17:51
The Pistol Parlour and Bear Mountain are good stores to get fair prices in and the folks at both are friendly.
Guns Etc has a good gunsmith but everything in the store is a bit overpriced they are on Alma School Road in Chandler.

Cochise
11-04-2007, 17:55
Plus 1 on pistol parlor..
good people..
Cochise

Sam Spade
11-04-2007, 19:05
Plus 1 on pistol parlor..
good people..
Cochise

???? What are you doing in AZ?

Edit: Disregard, got you confused with Cochese. Sorry.

Quake Guy
11-11-2007, 00:33
Had a similar experience there. Despite buying stuff from them in the past, I was told to wait 20 minutes while they finished setting up the store for the day... ??? don't get it, probably never buy another thing from there with that attitude.

Ditto on what I see at the big box sporting goods places... Selling lots of stuff.

mitchshrader
11-11-2007, 01:19
do not expect a great price and a great customer service experience at the same time.

great prices are from uninformed individuals and scurvy curmudgeons who underpaid somebody ELSE for their trade in, and likely would do it to you.

pay to play. you want friendly convenience, expect to pay the cover charge, BUT...

what drives me up the WALL is when i am entirely willing and THEY DON'T CARE.. now THAT is enough to make a guy go buy a new hat instead. one local store finally moved due to their own inability to TAKE PEOPLES MONEY.. they treated ME like i was there to fondle and drool and leave icky bodily fluids on their precious jewels and be durned if i left them any cash. TWICE... i dunno what they ever got in business for if they just wanted to KEEP them all..

ya think a guy walks into a gun store with 700$ and needs a wheelgun OUGHT to be run off?

Defender1
11-15-2007, 04:20
rumor has it that Phoenix Gun Center ( Steve Bond) no longer has an FFL to sell firearms. Again this is what I was told last night (11-14-07) have no way of knowing if this is true or not. Person who told me said Steve was turning the store into a fishing supply store of some sort.