Nightmares [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares

Patricia
08-19-2007, 10:19
Ok ladies, weird question. Does that time of hormonal flux make you have more vivid dreams or nightmares? I had an incredibly awful dream last night and it was SO vivid!! It was about something that has been really bothering me lately. I normally don't dream like that.

Of course it could have been the pizza. :supergrin:

c-mama
08-19-2007, 11:47
Hmmm.

I've always been a dreamer, but never have tracked my dreams to see if they coincide with my cycle. Interesting thought.

I know that my sleep gets more restless and my dreams not so good when I have something on my mind that's stressing me out.

:hugs:

Jyanna
08-19-2007, 11:59
I've always been a pretty vivid dreamer, but my dreams do get much more scary around the time of my cycle. I track this pretty closely because of other issues with my cycle that are irrelevant to this thread, but I can tell you that for certain my dreams are affected.

Patricia
08-19-2007, 12:02
There is an issue that is on my mind almost all the time, but I only tend to have bad dreams about it during PMS time.

Wow, we wimmens are complicated creatures aren't we. :supergrin:

Thanks ladies. :hugs: :hugs:

MrsKitty
08-19-2007, 16:08
I only have dreams when I am running a fever. I know that sounds odd. :supergrin:

April
08-20-2007, 18:39
And I haven't been dreaming at all lately. Not sure why that might be.. ;)

Mrs. VR
08-20-2007, 19:15
Originally posted by FF Wife
And I haven't been dreaming at all lately. Not sure why that might be.. ;) cause you have to sleep to dream? :tease:

I have a movie in my head every single night, so I'm the wrong person to ask :rollingeyes:

Mrs.Cicero
08-21-2007, 08:21
after watching the sheepdog exhibition on Saturday, i had nightmares about direwolves. Last night it was nightmares about people breaking into my house and stealing most of my guns and electronics. Usually my dreams are more pleasant.

Mrs.C

WIG19
08-29-2007, 09:21
Cruised most of my usual GT haunts before getting to MissKitty's 7 Dwarf's post and finding some USEFUL intel.

But Mrs.C, your sigline has made my day. I'm going to give that to my daughter-in-law who's learning to maternally multi-task. That's so cute I almost had coffee all over my monitor. In fact, it's on its way to my wife 'cause she has more street creds in that area & can pass it along.

:animlol: :rofl:

:patriot:

MB-G26
08-29-2007, 18:03
I'm not technically 'due' until 9/8..... but since it seems to arrive about a wk earlier each month than the last, who knows.

In any event, last night I had a hideous nightmare about roofing contractors that were botching everything up and would NOT listen to a word I said. I got FURIOUS..... they kept not listening or in the alternative, argued and told me basically I had no place telling them anything. Then things got REALLY ugly...... ggrrrrrrrrrr

Mrs.Cicero
08-30-2007, 07:58
Originally posted by WIG19

But Mrs.C, your sigline has made my day. I'm going to give that to my daughter-in-law who's learning to maternally multi-task. That's so cute I almost had coffee all over my monitor. In fact, it's on its way to my wife 'cause she has more street creds in that area & can pass it along.

Always happy to provide a bit of amusement...

I had just been contemplating updating that sigline (it's a two year old quote in a conversation between me and my then two year old daughter, shooting her toy M-16 at every speck of dust on the floor... for weeks).

Here are more current quotes from the wee ones...

at closing of VBS one night...
Teacher: ...so tonight the lesson we learned was that we should OBEY OUR PARENTS, right?
My 4yr old, utterly disgusted: I tried that once. ALL DAY LONG.

------
Discussing potential park outing...
Grandma: well, I don't know what the weather will be.
4yr old: You should ask God.
Grandma: Can you do that for me?
4yr old: Okay. (goes off in the corner, muttering to herself)
Later...
Grandma: What did He say?
4yr old, disgusted: I couldn't hear Him, y'all were too loud.
6yr old (on major Astronomy kick): Weebee, if you want to talk to God, you have to go to outer space, where it's quiet.
-----

I wish i wrote down all the funnies they've come up with over the past 6 yrs. i could go hide in my room and read them for a few minutes when they are driving me batty. Restore my perspective...

Have a laugh today
Mrs.C

MB-G26
08-30-2007, 09:31
Once kiddo starting talking in the daytime (had talked in his sleep long before that), one of the things he was always curious about was common phrases, figures of speech and colloquialisms. At some point I had made reference to "paying one's dues" and had to explain what that meant. For quite a time he would often mix stuff up....

Quite some time later, toddler kiddo and I were at the dinner table and he was being his usual, adorable, totally enjoyable self. I remarked that I had no idea what I ever did to deserve him.

He propped himself up as high as he could in his chair, rested his elbows on the table and his chin on his elbows, and said quite matter-of-factly, "Mom, you paid your BILLS!"

:animlol:

For reference: my BabyCakes

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/MB-Username/Family/ElementaryToby.jpg