positive OC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : positive OC

Azjeeper
08-19-2007, 20:39
I always read stories about negative experiences. I open carry every now and then and never had any real negative experiences, am I the only one? anyway Im looking for any positive open carry stories anyone might have.

andersmg
08-19-2007, 22:00
I have recently started OC'ing and so far I have had no problems at all. I am getting used to it actually..

Azjeeper
08-21-2007, 08:03
So nobodys gotten a thumbs up or a right on? or any sort of positve comment?

Cousin
09-09-2007, 12:57
I think "tasteful" open carry is not so much of a stare-getter here in AZ as this IS an open carry state. But, based upon my silent observations of people, some private citizens DO go a bit overboard out here with the wannabe tactical or camo or swagger look. I believe any of those "looks" visually intimidates the average non-gun person and, with perception being reality for many, sends the entirely wrong message about handguns and TRTKBA. Also, a few open carry handgunners seem to revel in wearing T-shirts and other stuff with inappropriate and expletive-deleted messages on them about their guns and TRTKBA, my cold dead fingers, etc. There's a time and place for everything and IMO, discretion IS the better part of valor. I don't believe that I compromise any of my rights by being considerate of others and discreet in my behavior. I'm not out to prove anything to anyone by carrying a gun whether open or concealed. Naturally, everyone is different and some may feel otherwise.

Daryl in Az
09-17-2007, 17:37
I carried openly before Arizona became a shall issue state, and I still carry openly often enough.

Never had a problem with it, and it's more comfortable for me in warm weather.

I agree with the above post about discression being the better part of valor. I'm not out to prove anything, either carrying or not. I wear a handgun like I wear a belt and blue jeans.

Nobody really even seems to notice, and that's just fine with me.

Daryl

afdefender
09-28-2007, 03:45
I open carry on almost a daily basis, seeing as how I do not have my ccw yet. I have never had any reactions, one way or the other. On a side note if anybody knows of a good (informative) ccw course in Tucson, I would apprectiate any info.

Travis

Glocker 4 Life
09-28-2007, 13:11
I OC all the time as well. Most people in this state don't give it a second thought, as there so many people now OC'ing.

I walked into a supermarket the other day and saw an elder lady (approx 60yrs young) with 2 six shooters on the hips.. reminded me of Annie Oakley only doing her shopping instead LOL.

Scott