Does any one from SE MI still do group buys from Powder Valley? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does any one from SE MI still do group buys from Powder Valley?

MakeMineaP99
08-19-2007, 20:45
I seem to remember some folks from SE MI did a group buy a few months back from Powder Valley. Do you still do these?

I'm stuck in MI for another 6 weeks, I could use some powder and primers.

Any good local sources other than Cabelas', Williams (way over priced), and Guns Galore.

MakeMineaP99
08-22-2007, 10:54
:bump: :bump:

jcevans
08-23-2007, 07:59
IIRC, the last "group buy" posting was at least 8 months ago.

Where are you at? What are you wanting to load?

MakeMineaP99
08-23-2007, 10:44
Stuck in Flint.

I currently load:

9mm
.30-06 (LC and commercial)
.30 Carbine
8mm Mauser

jcevans
08-24-2007, 11:03
I'm not sure what the prices are at Guns Galore, but you might try targetbarn.com. The owner, Dave Zimmerman, goes to some of our local IDPA matches and will deliver reloading components without HAZMAT fees. So, you might give them a call and see what their prices are.

A couple guys and I put in a Powder Valley order a few weeks ago. I'm sorry we didn't wait a little longer.:thumbsup:

MakeMineaP99
08-24-2007, 19:02
Thanks, I'll check him out.

ZYALTR
09-07-2007, 18:37
I did one awhile back, but due to financial issues, i don't even have the room on my CC to place the order right now, although i ordered som eRamshot TAC, and like 3 weeks later, Midway decided to list there 1lb jugs for like $3 a lb less. Oh well, i will definetely have to do one come winter time again though.

Oh, and on a side note, i'm not sure my UPS guy liked me after that delivery, and the wife wasn't amused at the sight of my office stacked with explosives.

But it was a cool sight, bummed i didn't take any pics though.

MakeMineaP99
09-07-2007, 23:04
Originally posted by ZYALTR
I did one awhile back, but due to financial issues, i don't even have the room on my CC to place the order right now, although i ordered som eRamshot TAC, and like 3 weeks later, Midway decided to list there 1lb jugs for like $3 a lb less. Oh well, i will definetely have to do one come winter time again though.

Oh, and on a side note, i'm not sure my UPS guy liked me after that delivery, and the wife wasn't amused at the sight of my office stacked with explosives.

But it was a cool sight, bummed i didn't take any pics though.

You were the one I was remembering, the post has long been deleted. If you do one in the winter, I'll be back in Flint around Jan-March, please make a post; I would like to get in.