ATTN: University Students! Support your rights! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: University Students! Support your rights!

nehpets99
08-20-2007, 13:41
To all University students:

WE NEED YOUR HELP in gaining support for our cause. What cause is that, you ask? Getting states or universities to allow concealed carry on campus. I am the Miami U. (Ohio, not Florida) representative of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC). Back in the spring, a friend of mine who is the rep for U. of Cincinnati had the great idea of holding an empty holster protest to show that state laws and/or university policies have reduced CHL holders to just that: empty holsters.

But we need your help. We have an event listed on facebook http://facebook.com/event.php?eid=2359003596 but last time I checked there were only about 70-80 confirmed individuals. Wear an empty holster (OWB, shoulder, something visible that looks like a holster!) during the week of Oct. 22 (that's 10/22) and wear it ALL WEEK! The point is that we want to generate debate! We want our classmates to ask us why we're wearing holsters! We want to let people know how responsible CHL holders, how they've gone through background checks, training, etc. and that we don't go around shooting people for the hell of it.

Send me a PM if you need an invite to the event or if you have any questions about the protest or SCCC and what you can do to help.

Beg, borrow, or steal a holster! You don't even have to have a CHL but as long as you support the rights of licensed individuals then we need your help! If someone asks you if you have a CHL and you don't want to answer honestly, lie!

northcoast
08-22-2007, 06:12
You might want to post details on a site people don't have to register for.

Maybe OFCC would post it for you?

Good luck,
Northcoast.

nehpets99
08-22-2007, 08:49
Do you have to register to see the info? I've never used facebook when I've been logged out so I dunno. It's not just an Ohio thing so OFCC would be a small step. Plus, we figured since every college student has a facebook, it'd be the best way to reach students.

jeep45238
08-23-2007, 07:57
You do have to register to sign up on the list and see the info. It's actually the only reason why I signed up on facebook. In addition, the 'official' communication setup for SCCC is essentially facebook, so it makes sense to register if you're interested in it.