How does one join the Freemasons [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How does one join the Freemasons

Hooah
08-20-2007, 14:12
I am sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else. But I am curious how one joins a lodge.

ArodJohns
08-20-2007, 18:54
Originally posted by Hooah
I am sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else. But I am curious how one joins a lodge.

No reason to be sorry. The answer to your question is to ask a Free Mason to give you a petition. Generally, you ask someone you know or that you're friends with. If you're in Ohio, PM me and I'll help you out.

ETA: In Ohio you have to be a man, at least 19 years old and believe in a Supreme Being to be a Free Mason. This is different in other jurisdictions though, so google your state's Grand Lodge and it'll have the membership requirements listed.

jetboatdriver
08-21-2007, 22:30
As was said, no need to apologize.
It was actually on GT that I learned how.

The simple answer is - 2B1-Ask1

Any of us on here would be happy to help.
If you are in TX, PM me and I will get you a petition. Even if you are not in TX PM me, I will be happy to answer any questions for you and try to find someone in your area to assist you.

Just like Ohio, here you must be an adult, believe in a Supreme Being and desire to join. Pretty simple.

If you are elsewhere, and by elsewhere I mean any where in the world, find a Mason or a lodge and just ask.