Mountain biking in NC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mountain biking in NC

IPDBrad
08-20-2007, 16:16
Any suggestions on where to go around Greensboro?

Anything around Pilot Mountain or Hanging Rock?

I was looking at the Owl Roost Trail, will try that. I will actually be in Summerfield NE of Greensboro.

Honorabledog
08-21-2007, 05:54
I used to spend alot of time at Hanging Rock a few years ago, and as I remember I diddn't see anyone riding mountain bikes. The trails were really rough also. Now that could have changed. I do get up there every other week while riding my motorcycle.The roads are great for that:thumbsup: I'll stop and check at the office for you and post back soon.

IPDBrad
08-21-2007, 23:33
Originally posted by Honorabledog
I used to spend alot of time at Hanging Rock a few years ago, and as I remember I diddn't see anyone riding mountain bikes. The trails were really rough also. Now that could have changed. I do get up there every other week while riding my motorcycle.The roads are great for that:thumbsup: I'll stop and check at the office for you and post back soon.

Thanks. I hiked it last fall. No MTB's allowed there. Was just curious if there was anything close. Great scenery and terrain.

Rob1035
08-22-2007, 00:15
www.mtbr.com has trail reviews of all the trails in NC, www.tarheeltrailblazers.com has the same, mainly around Charlotte, but some in the triad as well!