CCW advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW advice

veroamore
08-21-2007, 16:19
hi ladies,

i'm a total newbie here ... i've had my permit for years just because i could but hadn't gotten around to actually purchasing a gun. my wonderful boyfriend just helped me pick out my first gun (glock 19) a few weeks ago.

the boyfriend is a huge fan of concealed carry (he's a cop ... just *try* to separate him from his gun! lol). i'm not ready to carry concealed yet - not sure if i ever will be - but how exactly does a girl conceal carry?

i'm a girlie girl - i like my little tops and jeans ... or a pretty dress. occasionally in the winter, i'll wear jeans and a big, bulky sweater. i just don't see how i could carry concealed without significantly changing my wardrobe! and having never felt the need to carry, i don't see a huge wardrobe change happening any time soon! is my only option a purse? i'm not thrilled with that option ...

so how does a girl carry concealed without compromising her personal fashion sense?

-s

c-mama
08-21-2007, 16:58
Hi and welcome!

I do not think that there is a way to conceal carry on your body without making adjustments to your dress.

Until I can get myself a holster that fits my gun and a belt that fits me, I carry in my purse. I know it's not a popular choice, but, to me, it's better than not having my gun with me.

Concealed means concealed. If one's clothing is tight or skimpy, then, I cannot see how one would be able to carry concealed. It's an issue we women, and sometimes men, have to work around if we want to carry.

You just have to do what you feel necessary to do. :)

Jyanna
08-21-2007, 19:32
I carry in a fanny pack. This can be a problem because in general carrying a fanny pack either points to you as a tourist or someone carrying a gun. I'm looking at other options, but until I find something else that consistently works for me, I'm sticking with the current plan. In the pack I also carry a surefire flashlight and pepper spray. I have tried to carry IWB as well, but because I'm a fairly short round person I just haven't found a way that isn't painful.

veroamore
08-26-2007, 13:23
thanks for the replies! i guess if/when i decide to carry it will be purse carry for me.

c-mama - i love your avatar! i don't carry my gun, but i do tend to carry my knitting needles! :)

-s

c-mama
08-26-2007, 21:41
:wavey:

If I could holster a skein of yarn, I'd be dangerous! :rofl:

MB-G26
08-28-2007, 18:15
Hi and Welcome and............ has anybody invited you to the "OAF" yet? :supergrin: I have a feeling you'd acclimate nicely :thumbsup:

Oh, OAF is Gt-speak for "Ox and Alex Forum".....hehe
http://www.glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=95