Phil. Price Check , please.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Phil. Price Check , please..

Kingsun
08-22-2007, 11:20
OK, mga Kabayan makapagtanong nga po. My brother -in-law recently retired and moved to Iliolo. He called me yesterday and said he is buying a .45 ( I take it he means 1911) from a cousin. He said it is a series 80 and made in Conn.U.S.A. and it's a government issue. He is not that familiar w/ firearms/handguns and all 1911 for him are .45's. He said he is buying it for 14k peseos. Sorry can't give much info but I am thining it's a G.I. model, full size ?? I hope he is not buying a fake. Is the price right? He said it is used.
I advised him to get a few good mags (wilsons if available in Iloilo). Can you recommend a place he can go to in that province?? I just wish I can mail him some parts but I know it is prohibited.

Maraming salamat po sa mga sagot at tulong inyo!
Rey

9MX
08-22-2007, 11:31
assuming that the pistol is

genuine Colt 1911
in good working condition,

then 14K is a very good price.

as for fa dealers in ilo-ilo, maybe the visayan based bogs can help.

have your bayaw fire at least 50 rounds. 50% percent spent on bench rest shooting to see shot grouping at X meters. 50% in "Roman Rapido" fashion.

shake the gun to check for rattling.

distance for shot grouping: BOGs, gaano ba kalayo?

pipo
08-22-2007, 15:29
he can go to twin pines at gaisano iloilo they sell wilson mags and cmc. Last i checked a cmc powermag was P2300. Wilsons for 1900 (not sure). I suggest he also visit NELSON CUSTOM right beside four seasons hotel. Nelson sells NORINCOs, The new Taurus PT1911 and other high end brands.....

PMMA97
08-22-2007, 16:04
Andaming nagkalat na japeyks na 1911. Either the upper or lower assy. are fakes or sometimes both. Pati serial number & mark stampings nagagaya. Just let him buy a new one, less worries.

Kingsun
08-22-2007, 16:25
Maraming salamat po so mga sagot ninyo. Ay naku, napakahirap magpalaki ng matandang bayaw!! Sinabe ko ng bago and bilhin eh!:tongueout:

blueeagle
08-22-2007, 17:44
original danao 'yan, brod. a real colt, whether used or brand new, costs 4-5x that price.:)

junlab
08-22-2007, 18:52
too good to be true! too bad if you let it go and it's true!

Kingsun
08-22-2007, 19:49
Originally posted by blueeagle
original danao 'yan, brod. a real colt, whether used or brand new, costs 4-5x that price.:)

Iyan ng ang palagay ko but it's his not mime. Kung saan siya li-ligaya. He did not even know the brand when he called me, sabi lang eh made in Conn. U.S.A. at government issue at 80 series. The 80 series is the one bothering me because if it is an old used gun, it will be a 70 series, hinde ba??
Maraming Salamat, po!
ReySC

Kingsun
08-22-2007, 19:53
Originally posted by junlab
too good to be true! too bad if you let it go and it's true!

Absolutely right!! Well, he's gonna buy it if he has not bought it yet. Kung Danao made man, basta pumuputok for the price ( his money not mine) puede na rin seguro!But if tunay, jackpot si Bayaw!
Thanks again,po!
ReySC

saki1611
08-22-2007, 21:01
to determine it's a genuine colt MKIV series 80. look under the slide and see if there's the firing pin safety block, or if it's removed there should be a hole where it was placed. though it can be faked too, the lower receiver has a cut on top beside the disconnector (on the righ side when gun is pointing downrage), this is where the plunger being placed to activate the firing pin safety block. here are the pictures (take note on the encircled parts, the lower receiver must have number and letter markings):

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/saki1611/IMG_4783.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/saki1611/IMG_4780.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/saki1611/IMG_4779.jpg

Valor1
08-22-2007, 21:43
At the price of P 14,000, there is a very high probability na fake yan. Colts easily command at least P 40,000. Best thing for him to do is take some pictures, send it to you and then post them here. Since wala masyadong alam ang brother in law mo sa baril, mahirap idescribe what distiguishes the fakes from the real ones. Pictures comparing the two is the only alternative. kung original Colt yan, swerte na at P 14,000.

If I were him, I'll take the armscor or norinco. Same price range din naman.

isuzu
08-22-2007, 21:56
Originally posted by saki1611
to determine it's a genuine colt MKIV series 80. look under the slide and see if there's the firing fin safety block, or if it's removed there should be a hole where it was placed. though it can be faked too, the lower receiver has a cut on top beside the disconnector (on the righ side when gun is pointing downrage), this is where the plunger being placed to activate the firing pin safety block. i'll try to post pictures later.

Take Saki's advice. The Series 80 1911s have firing pin safeties.

mikol
08-22-2007, 23:27
Originally posted by Kingsun
He called me yesterday and said he is buying a .45 ( I take it he means 1911) from a cousin.
the cousin of your bayaw may have the original colt but don't know the current selling price because he got that FA from someone else also before at di sa gun store.

take the advice of sakii & tell your bayaw to do the check to be sure.
baka sakaling makahabol siya sa amnesty para mapa license din nya yang FA na yan.
Mura na yan sa price na 14k kung talagang original.:)

kung danao naman, mas mahal nga kasi 4-5k lang meron kana nyan.
siguro sinama sa presyo yung risk at pamasahe sa barko ng pag byahe noong me dala ng FA from cebu to iloilo. :supergrin: ;) ;)

juliuscl
08-24-2007, 03:46
my advise, check carefully the spelling engraved on the slide and frame.

I have seen it alot of times people trying to sell to me or somebody asking if its a good deal and most of the time... wrong spelling on some of the words!

Are the old and new colts engraved or stamped? i don't have a colt so i don't know but for some guns, this is 1 way of determining whether original or fake in my opinion.

jerrytrini
08-24-2007, 08:09
I have yet to see a fake Colt 1911. If someone has one please post the pics. Gusto kong makita and stamping or engraving.

boni
08-25-2007, 09:47
Originally posted by mikol
kung danao naman, mas mahal nga kasi 4-5k lang meron kana nyan.
siguro sinama sa presyo yung risk at pamasahe sa barko ng pag byahe noong me dala ng FA from cebu to iloilo. :supergrin: ;) ;) asab or ukay ukay? hehe

Kingsun
09-09-2007, 19:24
Got a pic. Mukhang danao nga!! Basta pumutok baha,a na siya..Malabo and picture kune mayroon marunong mag palinaw baka makita natin ang markings..

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/reysc/DSC01169.jpg

Salamat mga kabayan!

juliuscl
09-09-2007, 23:50
looks like a bad grip safety fit and a not so straight rear serrations on the slide

boni
09-10-2007, 08:48
Originally posted by juliuscl
looks like a bad grip safety fit and a not so straight rear serrations on the slide how bout yung rear sight sir? :)

Kingsun
09-10-2007, 08:56
Originally posted by boni
how bout yung rear sight sir? :)

Talagang masama ang pagkagawa kahit na malabo ang pic eh, labas na labas.. Anyway, it's like that if he does not know what he is getting into.Just charge it to experience, ika nga.. Marami pong salamat sa mga comments ng lahat..
Rey

juliuscl
09-10-2007, 09:00
now that you mention the rear sight, is there actually a front sight or the picture just cannot show it because its too small?

glockiz
09-10-2007, 10:04
its fake and its illegal to buy fake guns.

for 14k, bili na lang sya armscor 45 single stack.