Fort Knox French Shooting Club [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fort Knox French Shooting Club

domzilla9
08-22-2007, 12:14
The attached .pdf is a scan of the brochure for the "Fort Knox French Shooting Club" that I picked up at The Oakwood Gunshop in Middletown (which has a used 2nd gen G24 in stock btw) yesterday. I've never been to this range, but Bob tells me that you have fill out paperwork with Fort Knox before you can bring firearms onto the Fort Knox Military Reservation and you need to do this prior to showing up with your firearms.

Has anyone here visited this range?

B+Shooter
08-23-2007, 04:24
I used to shoot there quite a bit 10 years ago. Great range, but this was when anyone could just drive onto base. I don't know what the hassle factor is now.

MythBuster
08-23-2007, 18:30
We shoot NRA Highpower at Ft Knox on Scott Mountain Range.

The people running the match must have your name, address and SS number.

They put your name on a list and the list is given to the guards at the gate.

When you come through the gate you tell them where you are going and show ID. If you name is on the list they tell you to proceed. No big deal and so far no hassle. If you name is not on their list you will turn around and go home. No ifs ands or buts. Make sure you have a valid DL and proof of insurance.

Make damn sure you drive the speed limit and obey ALL their traffic rules while on base and everything will be fine.

AdminJarhead
08-30-2007, 14:18
FYI, make sure the firearm and ammunition are separated. No loaded mags or cylinders in the firearms. No firearms within arms reach (of anyone) so the trunk is the best bet. The paperwork is pretty simple to fill out and I keep a copy in the glove box. I live here so I get stopped at the gate about every 5th time threw it for a search and I get some hassel about my CCW but I'm legal, they just don't like it.

Here's a link to the firearms registration form:

http://www.knox.army.mil/garrison/doim/forms/formflow/fro_forms.htm

Bren
09-02-2007, 18:22
Originally posted by domzilla9
The attached .pdf is a scan of the brochure for the "Fort Knox French Shooting Club" that I picked up at The Oakwood Gunshop in Middletown (which has a used 2nd gen G24 in stock btw) yesterday. I've never been to this range, but Bob tells me that you have fill out paperwork with Fort Knox before you can bring firearms onto the Fort Knox Military Reservation and you need to do this prior to showing up with your firearms.

Has anyone here visited this range?
I drove by it the last time I was at Ft. Knox, but I have never shot there. I understand you have to get a NICS check and a card allowing you to bring guns on post for the French range. The procedure seems to be a little different for the rifle matches at the Scott Mtn. Range.

MythBuster
09-05-2007, 07:47
The guards at the gate seem a lot more relaxed than they did a couple of years ago.

One of the highpower shooters was telling us a story about a crazy female guard at the gate that really them gave them a serious hassle.

According to him she was a serious nut case.

I am glad she is gone.

Every guard we have met was really nice and polite.