Man kills himself at Royal Oak gun range [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Man kills himself at Royal Oak gun range

TAC-GLOCK
08-22-2007, 20:09
Man kills himself at Royal Oak gun range
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070822/UPDATE/708220470/1003/rss36

Korey5640
08-22-2007, 21:28
Kinda freaky. I shoot there, bought my Glock there, and live not a mile from there. I was going to head up there today before work to shoot a bit, it would have been right around that time of the day too. I had decided to wait until tomorrow so I wouldn't be rushing to get to work...kinda glad I did.:shocked:

ConqSoft
08-22-2007, 21:39
Same thing happened recently at the range my dad goes to down in Columbia, SC. Easy way to get your hands on a gun I suppose.

TAC-GLOCK
08-22-2007, 21:42
This really creeped me out, as I was going to stop in there today, but ended up going to Michi-Gun instead.

I think that this is the second occurrence at Target Sports that I have heard about. There was also a similar incident at Double Action not too long ago.

Korey5640
08-22-2007, 22:03
Originally posted by TAC-GLOCK
This really creeped me out, as I was going to stop in there today, but ended up going to Michi-Gun instead.

I think that this is the second occurrence at Target Sports that I have heard about. There was also a similar incident at Double Action not too long ago.

Thats weird. I remember hearing of some incidents in NY, I believe, but not around here. Can't recall it happening at Target nor at Double Action, but I could defiantly be wrong as I just got into shooting so the story wouldn't have really grabbed my attention.

JohnJak
08-23-2007, 04:44
It happened at Target a couple of times. I would just stop renting guns or rent to CPL's only.

centennial
08-23-2007, 07:37
Most ranges that rent guns will not rent to a lone individual to prevent range suicide.
It's very common.
Easy way to get your hands on a firearms and no mess for the family to clean up.

john_glock_mi
08-24-2007, 07:45
I'm actually supprised that any gun ranges today still rent guns with our wonderful "sue first and ask questions later" mentality in this country....

Weezer
08-24-2007, 08:13
Clean up in lane 6.

:shocked:

Ender
08-24-2007, 19:38
i was shooting there last month. isn't the first time its happened there.

steveksux
09-03-2007, 11:15
I've heard bad things about customer service at Target, but didn't realize it was bad enough to drive people to kill themselves over it.

Randy

Weezer
09-03-2007, 16:22
Originally posted by steveksux
I've heard bad things about customer service at Target, but didn't realize it was bad enough to drive people to kill themselves over it.

Randy

Don't be so sure. Their prices are horrible.

bigjim
09-10-2007, 17:33
Originally posted by steveksux

Randy

I've never had bad service there, but I have seen some absolute knuckleheads on that range.

Before they redid the whole thing, there were holes in all the partitions, every wall (including the back wall), and a ton of gouges on the floor and ceiling.

I once saw a guy wearing two Uncle Mike's holsters (one a HUGE shoulder holster) on the range there doing some wierd drills where he would start out with the gun pointed at the floor, raise it and shoot (holes all over the target), then point it down and do it again, really fast. I heard a ricochet and then the guy two or three booths down from him yelled "mother****er, you shot me AGAIN!!!" He had an angry red stripe down the side of his face.

Also was in there one day when a guy came in, took a Carbon-15 5.56 mm pistol out of a little duffle bag, and ripped off a rapid-fire full 30-round magazine. It was so loud I saw God. And this was before the backstops were reinforced when they remodeled.

I don't shoot there anymore. Pity too, nice guys and really close to my house.

WD8T
09-15-2007, 17:40
Originally posted by Weezer
Clean up in lane 6.

:shocked:

You da man!!

LOL...that's some funny *****!!!

What he said to the staffer.."Yes, I'd like to rent that .40,
..um no ..I just need one bullet.:)

Suicide is so tragic and yet so mock-able. Big freakin wuss!!
Oh my...that is so cold......Baaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Ron:upeyes:

Getwild2
09-19-2007, 13:30
Originally posted by bigjim
It was so loud I saw God.
I actually laughed out loud on this one! :animlol:

Naptown34
09-19-2007, 13:46
In San Diego one of the larger indoor ranges on Moreno Blvd. will not rent or let a shooter they don't know (member) use the range alone...for the simple reason people usually will not try to commit suicide with another person with them.

Exception for active duty military members.

Cheers,
Steve-O

Chui
09-24-2007, 17:28
Originally posted by bigjim
I've never had bad service there, but I have seen some absolute knuckleheads on that range.

I once saw a guy wearing two Uncle Mike's holsters (one a HUGE shoulder holster) on the range there doing some wierd drills where he would start out with the gun pointed at the floor, raise it and shoot (holes all over the target), then point it down and do it again, really fast. I heard a ricochet and then the guy two or three booths down from him yelled "mother****er, you shot me AGAIN!!!" He had an angry red stripe down the side of his face.

Yes, I had a run in with that goofy bastarf once. He kept muzzling me so I had to point mine at him and had Ray throw him off of the range. His little daughter is a phenom, however.

Just go to The Firingline. Great prices, great staff. One guy is a bit hypersensitive, but he doesn't work there on the weekends. There's a guy there often but doesn't officially work there who's phenomenal. :tongueout: