New PM9 disassembly difficult. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New PM9 disassembly difficult.

Kramer
08-23-2007, 13:18
Picked up my new PM9. The action is very stiff and I had a hell of a time getting the slide off. I pulled the slide release out and the slide didn't want to come off or go back on. I had to manhandle it a bit. I have a CW9 and MK9 and never had a tough time getting them apart. Is this a sigh of things to come?

mwg27
08-24-2007, 19:03
I used to have mine try to 'bind' just a tad after I had slide it forward almost 1/2 an inch or so. Hold the slide in your left hand and actuate the trigger (pull it rearward :) ) as you hold a small amount of pressure toward the front of the gun with the slide, it'll pull forward the rest of the way.

After the break-in (actually about the 3rd time I tried) it began to pull off with out the trigger pull...

Let us know how it does after you get it shot in...

Kramer
08-24-2007, 19:50
Yeah I wasn't holding the trigger down the entire time I was pulling it off. I was trying to do it like a glock.

Shot it today for the first time. 400 rounds with zero malfunctions.

TMann
08-24-2007, 20:50
Originally posted by Kramer
Shot it today for the first time. 400 rounds with zero malfunctions.

Doesn't it warm the heart to hear that about a new PM9? :thumbsup: Congrats on the new purchase.

TMann

David the Gnome
08-25-2007, 07:27
Originally posted by Kramer
Yeah I wasn't holding the trigger down the entire time I was pulling it off. I was trying to do it like a glock.

Shot it today for the first time. 400 rounds with zero malfunctions. Your hand has to be killing you now. :supergrin:

cc1970
02-22-2010, 20:52
TMann - it doesn't