New indoor range in the Salt Lake valley. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New indoor range in the Salt Lake valley.

pds
08-23-2007, 15:51
Utah shooters there is a new indoor range opening within the next week. 25 yards with about 14 shooting stalls. Can handle any caliber weapon (rifle or pistol) including 50BMG. Its
located on state street at about 6600 South.

Batesmotel
08-23-2007, 15:55
New location of Get Some Guns. Store is already open. Black rifles everywhere and lots of form 4 stuff.

GixxerSixxer
08-23-2007, 19:18
Very timely open since Lee Kay won't allow NFA items anymore.

Link on arfcom (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=37&t=278963&page=1�)

phox_mulder
08-24-2007, 12:56
It's finally opening?

That took just about forever.

phox

Batesmotel
08-24-2007, 13:13
The store is open and the range is almost finished

hartzpad
08-24-2007, 16:36
I work for Action Target (we designed and manufactured the range equipment for Get Some Guns). I stopped by to drop off some targets for the grand opening and things are looking great. Should be all ready to go. I love the new retail section of the store and an even larger selection of NFA weapons and EBR's.

UtahBen
08-26-2007, 19:47
Originally posted by GixxerSixxer
Very timely open since Lee Kay won't allow NFA items anymore.

Link on arfcom (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=37&t=278963&page=1�)

Link doesn't work for me. Can you give it another shot?

GixxerSixxer
08-27-2007, 17:18
Hopefully this works.

link (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=37&t=278963)

UtahBen
08-27-2007, 22:21
Thanks for the link.:thumbsup:

I visited Get Some today and was impressed. We need like 4 or 5 more of these quality, well lit ranges along the valley and I would be even more excited.

Other than a guy testing out anew HK pistol I was the only person on the line.

They give you a paper to sign stating that you understand the rules. They then ask for your DL and keep it while you are shooting. They only gave me one target and charged me abuck for it. (if I ever run into a 9 year old with a pistol pointed at me he better look out) Range fee was $12

I only had time to fire off 200 rounds, so I took my time and enjoyed the good lighting, target retrieval system, and the clean grippy floor.

I need to get back and try out my new AR in the next week or two.

Another aspect I enjoyed at the shop was that the AR accessories, magazines, etc. were all displayed along a wall so that I could actually take them out and examine them without having to track down some employee and have them get them from behind the counter.

Employees seemed nice and not a bunch of cocky <insert expletive> jerks.

I'll be back. it will be really nice when it gets cold later in the year.

BearMBD
08-28-2007, 14:36
ben give me a call if you want to go again.

hartzpad
08-28-2007, 21:17
I'm glad you liked the range, Action Target's indoor shooting range equipment is the best in the business. Isn't it refreshing to shoot on a modern, well-lit indoor range? Especially when you can shoot any rifle up to .50 bmg on it as well.

BearMBD
08-28-2007, 21:25
is there a BMG to rent there to tryout on the new range?

hartzpad
08-29-2007, 10:41
Originally posted by DoomonyouMBD
is there a BMG to rent there to tryout on the new range?

They had about 6 .50's on the wall for sale but I'm not sure if they have one to rent. If not, Rangemasters in Springville used to have .50's to rent, they have Action Target's range equipment as well.

pds
08-29-2007, 15:08
I just got back from shooting there. What a first class facility to now have for shooters in SLC. Ended up getting a membership. It was a little pricey but I'll get my moneys worth.

jcbarlow
09-10-2007, 12:57
Originally posted by pds
I just got back from shooting there. What a first class facility to now have for shooters in SLC. Ended up getting a membership. It was a little pricey but I'll get my moneys worth.

I tried to go to its website but couldn't find any membership info. What are the prices on memberships?

UtahIrishman
09-10-2007, 20:56
Sounds like a nice range. I'm curious though is there any sound-deadening material on the walls? I can't imagine shooting a rifle indoors without something to deaden the sound other than ear plugs. My BLR is loud enough as it is outdoors.

pds
09-13-2007, 09:17
Originally posted by jcbarlow
I tried to go to its website but couldn't find any membership info. What are the prices on memberships?
Single visits are $12.00/day for unlimited shooting provided there are open lanes and no waiting lines. There are several
levels of annual memberships available. I got the middle one for $400/year which gets me unlimited shooting plus discounts on ammo and rental of any range guns. Since I shoot at least once a week sometimes twice I will get my moneys worth. Their phone # (801) 562-1222 call and get more info. They open at 10:00am on weekdays and 9:00am on weekends.

pds
09-13-2007, 09:27
Originally posted by UtahIrishman
Sounds like a nice range. I'm curious though is there any sound-deadening material on the walls? I can't imagine shooting a rifle indoors without something to deaden the sound other than ear plugs. My BLR is loud enough as it is outdoors.
I have found it to be amazingly quiet. Yes they have done their homework sitting it up. It not just bare concrete walls. Its also very clean and the air handling system is excellent.
I've not been there when anyone was shooting a 50 BMG but was there when a shooter was shooting a MP5 on full auto still very low noise level.

UtahBen
09-13-2007, 23:31
I was 6 lanes away when 2 guys fired 3 rounds each from the .50 BMG. It was loud and I had a headache afterwards, possibly from the concussion.

I would step out and take a break next time they are firing one.