inbound to Raleigh [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : inbound to Raleigh

ChopperEd
08-23-2007, 17:12
Hey guys, Ill be moving on the 16th to Raleigh from Phoenix, AZ. What places are there to avoid in the raleigh and surrounding areas that might not be safe at night? Any other pertinent info would be appreciated.
Ed

Skydivn Shooter
08-23-2007, 19:23
Welcome ChopperEd :banana: We are glad to have you!

Raleigh is a mighty fine southern city. I have lived in NC most all of my life and have traveled throughout the US. I have found that trouble at night can be found anywhere, if you look hard enough for it.

There aren't any places to absolutely avoid but of course there are more desirable places to live and hang out, it just depends on your needs.

PM me or let me know your needs and I will be happy to give you my opinion.

Singlemalt
08-24-2007, 07:18
Avoid Durham, nuff said.

spober
08-25-2007, 19:04
how exacty do you mean that?
in the navy when they listed the off limits estabishments thats were we went!:animlol:

Beerslayer
08-26-2007, 08:59
Originally posted by ChopperEd
Hey guys, Ill be moving on the 16th to Raleigh from Phoenix, AZ. What places are there to avoid in the raleigh and surrounding areas that might not be safe at night? Any other pertinent info would be appreciated.
Ed

Southeast Raleigh, north Garner, and western Knightdale get a little on the seedy side at night. Downtown is less crime-ridden than it was a decade ago.

Durham is a crazy quilt of nice neighborhood and crack ghettos interwoven in no obvious pattern.

Cary fines people for "Yard Sale" signs.

Wolfgang
08-26-2007, 09:50
Originally posted by Beerslayer
Southeast Raleigh, north Garner, and western Knightdale get a little on the seedy side at night.

whats that mean...seedy?

At least Nifong ain't in Durham no more!

spober
08-26-2007, 15:15
this 99+ degree temp must make you feel right at home!

Beerslayer
08-27-2007, 12:55
Originally posted by Wolfgang
whats that mean...seedy?

It means "somewhat impoverished and therefore crime-ridden"

Wolfgang
08-27-2007, 12:57
gotcha