Boot Camp Stories.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp Stories....


Incarcer8
08-24-2007, 11:24
I think that it would be cool to hear some of your funny/interesting boot camp stories.

One funny memory that I have is a guy that got into trouble with the company commander and the C.C. made him circle (while turning like a top) our company while marching yelling, "I am a satellite, I am a satellite!"

I got all four of my impacted wisdom teeth taken out in boot camp and the next day I still had only 15 minutes to eat chow like everybody else! Those first few days after that surgery I didn't get to eat too much seeing that it took me a lot longer to chew than normal and that 15 minutes just was not enough time.

Another funny moment was when we were marching after the evening meal and we marched in front of a gym that had windows and there was a woman working out. The recruit that was marching us said, "Eyes Right," and we all looked right and saw the woman working out and laughed because that is something that you could get into serious trouble for doing in boot camp.

One of the worst memories was being waken up in the morning with the yelling then the baton banging the metal trash can at O'Dark thirty! That was followed by the jumping jacks, push-ups, and sit-ups. I hated being waken up from a dead sleep and then doing those exercises--It felt like my heart was going to burst!

Any of you seen the movie the D. I. starring Jack Webb? If you are a veteran get a copy of that! It brings back great memories of boot camp. The movie is from 1957 and it was hard for me to find a cd of it. But if you do your research on the web you can find a copy of it like I did.

Leigh
08-24-2007, 11:38
I recall a fellow recruit with little to no teeth who was fitted for dentures during boot camp. one evening a Drill Instructor was barking orders at him in the squad bay (he was nicknamed "Popeye").
Well, Popeye wasn't too used to the dentures and when he tried to reply out came a row of spit-covered teeth that bounced off the Drill Instructor's chest and then bounced all over the deck.

The Drill Instructor began screaming even louder about how this recruit had "assaulted" him and how he was going to be discharged the very next day!

The whole scene was nothing short of hilarious and I couldn't help but to laugh out loud...big mistake on my part.

Incarcer8
08-24-2007, 11:50
Originally posted by Leigh
I recall a fellow recruit with little to no teeth who was fitted for dentures during boot camp. one evening a Drill Instructor was barking orders at him in the squad bay (he was nicknamed "Popeye").
Well, Popeye wasn't too used to the dentures and when he tried to reply out came a row of spit-covered teeth that bounced off the Drill Instructor's chest and then bounced all over the deck.

The Drill Instructor began screaming even louder about how this recruit had "assaulted" him and how he was going to be discharged the very next day!

The whole scene was nothing short of hilarious and I couldn't help but to laugh out loud...big mistake on my part.


:rofl: :laughabove: :animlol:

Batesmotel
08-24-2007, 12:03
We had one recruit that when we got to the rifle range couldn't miss. When asked where he learned to shoot he told the DI that they were hog farmers and raised their own corn for feed and his father taught him to shoot crows at long range to keep them from the corn. The DI asked how far and he said about 600 or 700 yards. The DI called his bluff and phoned his father who confirmed that he and his brother routinely shot birds on a fence in the corn field 880 yards from the barn with a heavy barreled 270. and 24X target scope. They would get about 1 crow in 10 shots but it helped keep the corn safe. The look in Sgt. Fishers face when he came out of the duty hut was priceless.

Batesmotel
08-24-2007, 12:26
My son asked if I had any other funny stories from boot camp and come to think of it it mostly just sucked.

Incarcer8
08-24-2007, 12:34
Originally posted by Batesmotel
My son asked if I had any other funny stories from boot camp and come to think of it it mostly just sucked.

:laughabove: Yeah, it mostly did suck.

Incarcer8
08-24-2007, 12:42
Originally posted by Batesmotel
We had one recruit that when we got to the rifle range couldn't miss. When asked where he learned to shoot he told the DI that they were hog farmers and raised their own corn for feed and his father taught him to shoot crows at long range to keep them from the corn. The DI asked how far and he said about 600 or 700 yards. The DI called his bluff and phoned his father who confirmed that he and his brother routinely shot birds on a fence in the corn field 880 yards from the barn with a heavy barreled 270. and 24X target scope. They would get about 1 crow in 10 shots but it helped keep the corn safe. The look in Sgt. Fishers face when he came out of the duty hut was priceless.

That is funny, there are very few times in boot camp that a DI is proven wrong.

Incarcer8
08-24-2007, 13:00
When we got our rifles at the armory we had to run back to our sqaudbay with our rifles raised above our heads. This was a very long run and doing this with rifles above our heads was extremely taxing. Our C.C. was yelling at us and calling us sissies for not being able to keep our rifles from dropping. He said that the girls in our company were the only ones to not drop their rifles and that we as males should be ashamed of ourselves.

Incarcer8
08-24-2007, 13:05
Thinking back now it was funny when we got beat (PT) by our C.C. One blow from his whistle push-ups. Two blows from his whistle sit-ups. Three blows from his whistle jumping jacks. Our C.C. would do this for hours, just blowing his whistle. The windows in our huge sqaudbay would fog up and drip condensation from our sweat.

md2lgyk
08-24-2007, 18:28
Nothing particularly memorable about my boot camp experience in 1967 except one thing: When I started, boot camp was 12 weeks. After I'd been there a month or so, it was reduced to 8 weeks for new arrivals. So lots of folks arrived after me and left before me.