Yee Haw! UDPL Match Tomorrow [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Yee Haw! UDPL Match Tomorrow

Steve Koski
08-24-2007, 15:46
http://www.udpl.net/results/index.html

Also my 17 year anniversary. Shoot, then celebrate.

GixxerSixxer
08-24-2007, 16:55
Crap, stupid Bio-Chem homework! I'm stuck inside doing a 7 page homework assignment after only being in class for a week. :yuck:

Hopefully I can make it to some later events.

Steve Koski
08-25-2007, 01:40
It'll be worth it Jixx! Keep hammerin' away. It'll be Dr. Jixx in no time.

You can shoot for the rest of your life. You'll only be in school for a few more years. Do your best.

Steve Koski
08-25-2007, 18:50
Wow, I don't recall ever shooting that well in my life. I guess everyone deserves one day like that.

I've had mine, who's next?

UtahBen
08-27-2007, 22:22
I really want to attend some of these. Any pointers for a noob like me?

GixxerSixxer
08-27-2007, 22:30
Originally posted by UtahBen
I really want to attend some of these. Any pointers for a noob like me?

Bring a gun, ammo, water, lunch, snacks, a camera, and a good attitude. Show up early so you can get a squad and instructions.

You'll get all the safety info when you arrive.

Shotguns and rifles need a chamber flag. Pistol are carried on the person with the mag out and chamber empty. No sling is needed in 3-gun. Bring extra ammo, what's written on UDPL.net is the minimum, I always bring double.

Don't expect to win your first match. It's all for fun with the first few, you'll learn a lot of stuff that will help you improve.

If you know you're going to attend a match then you can start a post and try to get on a squad with people here that are also attending.

Steve Koski
08-28-2007, 00:26
Originally posted by GixxerSixxer
Bring extra ammo, what's written on UDPL.net is the minimum, I always bring double. I bring so much extra ammo it's silly. Sometimes I bring enough to shoot the match 3.5 times.

Hey, I'm a reloader. It's a disease.

GixxerSixxer
08-28-2007, 10:37
Oh yeah I know what you mean.

I'm getting ready to put in an order to 2-alpha bullets as well as powder valley. That should have me stocked up on stuff for a while.

Next step is to buy a bunch of ammo cans to store all the stuff I reload. I've used up all the ones I have.