Outdoor Range-Wingnut Free? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Range-Wingnut Free?

SmithShooter
08-24-2007, 21:30
Im looking for an outdoor range within a 40 min (or so) drive of Louisville.

Ive just about had it with the wingnuts (shooters AND employees) at Knob Creek.

If I *have* to go there again, ill be wearing body armor :(

KYgundoc
08-24-2007, 23:09
Just because the guy behind the counter yells at the customers and the range officer has more fingers than he has teeth oh yea and a t-shirt that only reaches his navel I think wingnuts is a little harsh. OH I know what it was you wore that tin foil hat didn't you? They are just bullet magnets. Leave it home next time and take the place for what it is. It has been that way for as long as i can remember and will not change.

45gunner
08-25-2007, 05:23
Yes its terrible at Knob Creek.

Then there is the Fruit Cakes that wear military fatigues and think they are Rambo or the police that you have to put up with there.:rofl:

SmithShooter
08-25-2007, 08:24
At Knob Creek, I trade the Tinfoil hat for polished stainless steel. Just as reflective but slightly more bullet resistant :)

domzilla9
08-25-2007, 11:38
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=746093

ciwsguy
08-25-2007, 12:10
Did anyone ever notice all of the bullet holes in the ceilings both in the roof of the covered line and the roof of the building? When I saw that, I decided a long time ago that place can be quite dangerous just to be in the vicinity.

Berretta9
08-25-2007, 17:02
There is one in Pekin In. Thats less then 40 minutes from the bridge. Everybody got a few stories about Knob Creek and it's safty but there aren't a lot of choices.

B+Shooter
08-26-2007, 20:45
Originally posted by Berretta9
Everybody got a few stories about Knob Creek and it's safty but there aren't a lot of choices.
+1

Anyone is more than welcome to open there own outdoor range to steal business from KCR, but until I find a boutique range that could cater to all my whims, I'll put up with the occasional quirky individual.

I don't know what the snobby attitudes about the staff is all about. They are the salt of the earth. I would much rather deal with any employee of KCR than any other range around the metro.

KYgundoc
08-27-2007, 04:15
I don't know what the snobby attitudes about the staff is all about. They are the salt of the earth. I would much rather deal with any employee of KCR than any other range around the metro.

I guess I would have to agree because I just paid for another years membership.

45gunner
08-27-2007, 05:10
KCR is the best shootig range around......

With the long rifle range and the KPDL pistol range nothing is this area is even close.

No it not a range for the family when you let junior run around and expect a R.O. to hold your hand and keep junior out of trouble.

Yes there are holes in the roof after all the largest gun show in the world is held here.

If you don't like it there are other places you can go and spend a lot more money

There are some occasional difficult people but then they are everywhere.You may even be one of them who is complaining.

45gunner
08-27-2007, 05:11
Originally posted by B+Shooter
+1

Anyone is more than welcome to open there own outdoor range to steal business from KCR, but until I find a boutique range that could cater to all my whims, I'll put up with the occasional quirky individual.

+1

Could not find a better group of people.

domzilla9
08-27-2007, 05:26
I like the cockatoo-like-creature that haunts the shop.