Butler Creek Barrels for Ruger 10/22 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Butler Creek Barrels for Ruger 10/22

isuzu
08-25-2007, 22:28
Went to Russell Sports this afternoon and found Butler Creek barrels for sale there. There were two models of .920 barrels that were available: Fluted Stainless with Tri-Port (#43016), and Fluted Blued with Tri Port (#43006). I read the instructions on how to replace the 10/22 barrel, and it was pretty basic. They were selling between CDN$249-CDN$279.

I would like to know how they perform. Are they worth the money?

Dok
08-26-2007, 23:21
butler creek barrels are hit and miss. poor reviews in rimfirecentral. i have a "carbon fiber" and sold it. accuracy is better on stock 10/22 barrel.

isuzu
08-27-2007, 20:26
Originally posted by Dok
butler creek barrels are hit and miss. poor reviews in rimfirecentral. i have a "carbon fiber" and sold it. accuracy is better on stock 10/22 barrel.

Thanks Dok. I'll probably get a GM barrel if I can find a gunstore that imports it from the US. I'll also inquire at GM if they send barrels to Canada.

Dok
08-27-2007, 20:48
a lot of sponsors at rimfirecentral ships GM barrels to Canada. Hawktech arms, rimfiresports to name a few. I think it's the length that matters. 16 inches and below are not allowed there if i'm correct.:supergrin:

isuzu
08-30-2007, 18:26
Originally posted by Dok
a lot of sponsors at rimfirecentral ships GM barrels to Canada. Hawktech arms, rimfiresports to name a few. I think it's the length that matters. 16 inches and below are not allowed there if i'm correct.:supergrin:

Dok,

Yes, 16 inches is the minimum for non-restricted firearms. Got in touch with GM and they have a dealer in Canada which is based in Saskatchewan. I'll try and compare who could offer me the best price for GM barrels.

Pardon my ignorance, but do I have to change the existing stock if I change to a .920 barrel?

Thanks!

Dok
08-31-2007, 00:55
if you have the factory tapered barrel, then you need to change the stock to accept a .920 bull barrel or you can open up the factory stock to accomodate the bull barrel. You won't get wrong with GM barrel.:thumbsup:

isuzu
08-31-2007, 19:54
Originally posted by Dok
if you have the factory tapered barrel, then you need to change the stock to accept a .920 bull barrel or you can open up the factory stock to accomodate the bull barrel. You won't get wrong with GM barrel.:thumbsup:

Thanks, Dok! Now, you really got me going. My budget still won't allow me to get the expensive stocks if I change into a .920 barrel. Is the Butler Creek stock a good option or is Hogue better? I'm planning to get the GM 901500 blue bull barrel 18" x 920.

Dok
08-31-2007, 21:40
i had a butler creek stock and barrel before. i hate it! i sold it. the stock is made of nylon, like a hard plastic and the checkering is very uncomfortable.

i switched to hogue overmoulded stock. i like it a lot. it has a soft non-slip rubber with cobblestone checkering. very comfortable.

i suggest you get hogue stock for bull barrel. :thumbsup:

keep your original stock and barrel.

isuzu
08-31-2007, 21:50
Then, Hogue it is!;) I've seen Butler Creek stocks and yes, you're right. Parang cheapo ang pagkagawa. That would be my project for the winter (there's not much to do here during winter anyway), and wait until Spring to shoot it. As our instructor would say, "too many gophers, too little time." :)

Thanks again for your inputs in building a target 10/22.

Dok
09-02-2007, 17:50
glad to help.:thumbsup: