shooting ranges in Austin ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : shooting ranges in Austin ?

BattletweeteR
08-28-2007, 01:52
taking a girl shooting this weekend.
i would prefer an indoor range that allows rifles.

any help is appreciated.

dglockster
08-28-2007, 05:38
Contact either of the two "Red's." I think they each have an indoor range. The one that is just N.E. of Austin is newer and may be the one to which you should take a date.

TexasFats
08-28-2007, 09:08
Originally posted by BattletweeteR
taking a girl shooting this weekend.
i would prefer an indoor range that allows rifles.

any help is appreciated.

Red's in Pflugerville has a 100 yd. indoor range. It will be warm in the range area. The air conditioning helps some, but you will definitely notice a difference between the main store and the range. To get there take the exit off of I35 for highway 1825 into Pflugerville. As you are going towards the main part of town, you will see a construction equipment rental place on the left. There will be a Volvo sign on it. Red's is right next to it, down in a low place as you go up the hill. I haven't been to the one on 290, so I can't give you any information about it. Range fees are $13 per person per hour, and you can rent guns for $8 per hour. If you rent a gun, you have to buy the ammo from Red.

Saturdays are usually hectic at Red's. Have fun and stay safe.

cwood
08-28-2007, 15:05
On Monday nights ladies get to shoot for half price and there is no charge to 'rent' a handgun. Just buy the house ammo. Not a bad deal.

Phloydius
09-02-2007, 19:50
Eagle Peak on 1431 is not an indoor range, but it is considerably cheaper than Reds. It is $10 per person per day (not hourly) and no limit on the number of guns.

Glenn E. Meyer
09-03-2007, 08:53
www.krtraining.com - look for the FAQ for Austin