Any 5821's out there [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any 5821's out there

AdminJarhead
08-28-2007, 13:56
In the current issue of the Marine Corps Times the MOS 5821 Criminal Investigator has just opened up to Marines below the rank of Sergeant for the first time. Now as an enlisted Marine who is definately not happy with his MOS this opportunity is definately appealing to me. Now I am not the average Lance Corporal, not to toot my own horn, but I enlisted in the Marine Corps after having earned my Bachelors' Degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Forensic Science. I am 24 years old and have been in less than two years and stand to get promoted next quarter (provided they don't close the MOS). I feel I would be a better asset to the Corps if they were to use my education to their advantage. My CRS is in agreeance with me and is making a phone call tomorrow to the monitor (I work in the battalion office so I have good connections with my higher ups).

Back to the original thought; are their any 5821's out there who can give me some insight as to what to expect provided I get accepted?

Any positive input is welcome, especially from current or past CID agents (other service agents welcome to post as well). Thanks all.

Semper Fi,

LCpl T

RF7126
08-28-2007, 22:58
As someone who is close to getting a bachelor's degree and considering enlisting myself, I wish you luck.