OT : delivered Lechon. What brand? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT : delivered Lechon. What brand?

antediluvianist
08-28-2007, 23:03
What brand of delivered lechon do you recommend? I will have a series of foreign visitors coming in and I need some suggestions.

I find "Mila's" to be pretty good. A pretty big lechon is about P6,000 delivered, including sarsa. Small one is in the P3k - P4k range.

I used to order Cebu-type lechon, but I found I was still dipping it in sarsa so the non-Cebu type na lang.

Goes well with Lipitor.

What brand do you recommend (of delivered-to-your-house lechon) ?

pogi
08-29-2007, 00:16
Pre,

The BEST Phil. lechon is ELARS. It's evenly cooked. I think it turns 3,000+ times on temp-monitored grilling medium. Quite expensive lang than others. They have office at Quezon Avenue near Rotonda-Espana. Consult yellow pages also.

Then you have the one done by Hecky Tabuena. He claims "less cholesterol since fat had dripped off severly". I saw their outlet near Alabang Town Center.

atmarcella
08-29-2007, 00:42
the one in total gas station? we ate there once it was yummy:thumbsup:

G19c,PH
08-29-2007, 00:46
Kamayan's suckling pig is ok for me 4k-5k IIRC.

ppts799
08-29-2007, 02:09
my vote goes to ELARS also, NOT ELARZ. :)

they claim to have less fat underneath the balat. the address posted above is correct. phone numbers are 7317551 and 7317552

Taurus
08-29-2007, 02:24
Another vote for Elars (not Elarz). We used to order at another lechon house until certain deliveries were observed to have been somewhat burnt. Nothing worse than bitter overcooked lechon skin. Elars quality is consistent.

Valor1
08-29-2007, 03:15
One more vote for ELARS. The best. I think the P 3,000 lechon is now at P 4,500. Mucho Sarap.

CatsMeow
08-29-2007, 03:25
If you got a friend in Dumaguete City, my hometown, have him airfreight some to you. They're the best, guaranteed.:thumbsup:

orimar3
08-29-2007, 04:37
I've been hearing raves about Itok's Lechon in Angono, Rizal. Haven't had a chance to try it but I'm told by connoisseurs and foodie friends that this is the best-in-town. Sorry, I've no contact details handy and I don't think they deliver.

batangueno
08-29-2007, 06:21
+1 sa Elars

jerrytrini
08-29-2007, 07:57
Is it true that "Lechoners" baste their roast sometimes with Coke, Tru-Orange, milk, pineapple juice, salted water etc? I am just trying to gather your opinion which basting is best. Kasi dito sa lugar ko, pare-pareho ang lasa at walang consistency and lutong (crispiness) ng balat.
I would opine that lechon when cooked outdoors (old school) where the mang le-lechon wears tsinelas, half drunk sits next to the coals is the best.:laughabove:

casmot
08-29-2007, 08:11
Originally posted by jerrytrini
Is it true that "Lechoners" baste their roast sometimes with Coke, Tru-Orange, milk, pineapple juice, salted water etc? I am just trying to gather your opinion which basting is best. Kasi dito sa lugar ko, pare-pareho ang lasa at walang consistency and lutong (crispiness) ng balat.
I would opine that lechon when cooked outdoors (old school) where the mang le-lechon wears tsinelas, half drunk sits next to the coals is the best.:laughabove:

Para medyo sweet and crispy ang balat, try 3 parts coconut water and 1 part coke.

+1 Elars.

Allegra
08-29-2007, 08:14
funyetang diet yan!!

batangueno
08-29-2007, 08:15
Alikabok sa tabing kalye ang nagpapalutong. :supergrin:

asian_glockster
08-29-2007, 08:31
ang elars at elarz halos magkatabi lang yan..ang elars ata nasa loob ng speaker perez pero malapit sa quezon ave at welcome rotunda..ang elarz ay nasa speaker perez cor quezon ave or the other way around...

mtho
08-29-2007, 08:32
our family likes Belen's lechon sa quiapo.

jerrytrini
08-29-2007, 08:42
Remember, that when lechon is eaten on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, cholesterol is drawn off the meat then drips onto the coals. :rofl: :rofl:

foxyyy
08-29-2007, 09:36
wait till you guys have eaten Iligan's lechon...no other lechon simply tastes as good...kaya pasyal na kayo dito sa city fiesta namin this end of sept. :supergrin:

charlie-xray
08-29-2007, 14:46
Pambihira, this topic is making hungry.

Missssss ko na lechon.....ibalik ninyo ako sa pinasss...:banana: :banana:

chowchow
08-29-2007, 15:10
Originally posted by CatsMeow
If you got a friend in Dumaguete City, my hometown, have him airfreight some to you. They're the best, guaranteed.:thumbsup:

Catsmeow, tutuo yan sa Dumaguete City, i was there pards last 2005 , the one along Calindagan Bridge , is roasty and crispy. Same one theres an eatery going to Valencia with the labuyung sili.
Asa ka sa ato pards?

Kingsun
08-29-2007, 15:32
Ginutom tuloy ako !!ang lupit naman ninyo!!

vega
08-29-2007, 16:33
Kung mayroon man magaling sa lechon dapat si Malu Fernandez ang tanungin.........baka ma closed ang thread.:rofl:

Wp.22
08-29-2007, 19:05
we always order from Lurings in san juan. Never tried pa elars maybe next time.

FOxxy, i tried na lechon from iligan one time when i was there visiting sarap namura pa.

GUys question how do you serve the lechon? Here in our house we chop it to small pieces then serve it with crispy skin on top. while in my wife's province at camp philips bukidnon, they serve the lechon whole you just carve what you want to eat. if you are first in line you can get all the skin you want.

CatsMeow
08-29-2007, 19:19
Originally posted by chowchow
Catsmeow, tutuo yan sa Dumaguete City, i was there pards last 2005 , the one along Calindagan Bridge , is roasty and crispy. Same one theres an eatery going to Valencia with the labuyung sili.
Asa ka sa ato pards?

I lived in Bagacay, that's why I always pass by that one next to the bridge. There's always chopped-up lechon for sale beside the road, plus sha-e (deep-fried intestines, avoid if you have an off-the-scale uric acid count!!) Haven't tried the one with the labuyung sili yet. I'm full time in Cebu but go home there occasionally.

We sometimes airfreight some to friends upon request. Just be sure it's properly packed, otherwise it won't be crispy. But definitely Mang Tomas is not needed.:)

As for the leftover meat, turbo-broil them till crispy. Scrumptious!:cheers:

isuzu
08-29-2007, 19:47

I believe they use native pigs that are bought in the rural areas outside of Dumaguete. Yup, they taste good!

For leftover lechon, it's either made into paksiw the next day or deep fried. This is how I prepare deep-fried lechon:

Chop them up into bite-size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Chop five or more cloves of garlic (the more the better). Coarse Salt, Soy Sauce and Pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients together, and let the soy sauce saturate the lechon.

Deep fry until crispy and use a strainer to take out the lechon when done (this will prevent the garlic from being separated from the lechon). Let the lechon cool down a bit in a large plate with paper napkins at the bottom (to help absorb the oil).

Make sure you've got lots of Pale Pilsen in the fridge.;)

riddler
08-29-2007, 19:48
I could care less about the crispy skin and meat but don't be in my way to get the feet, ears, tail and tongue. Yummm!

9MX
08-29-2007, 19:59
Originally posted by foxyyy
wait till you guys have eaten Iligan's lechon...no other lechon simply tastes as good...kaya pasyal na kayo dito sa city fiesta namin this end of sept. :supergrin:

basta lechon bisaya at mindanao, lami kaayo! mas masarap if eaten with wrice wrapped in coconut(?) leaves aka puso

isuzu
08-29-2007, 20:05

I've tried "Pinakurat" Vinegar with lechon. It's brings the taste of lechon. Too bad, can't bring it even in your checked in luggage. Does it come from your place?

CatsMeow
08-29-2007, 20:38
Originally posted by 9MX
basta lechon bisaya at mindanao, lami kaayo! mas masarap if eaten with wrice wrapped in coconut(?) leaves aka puso

Very true.:thumbsup: I heard some of those establishments mentioned in Metro Manila have some lechoneros from Dumaguete and Negros Oriental. For some reason, however, it doesn't taste the same. This may be why I often see truckloads of lechon-size pigs crossing the channel from Negros to Cebu...Heck of an experience if you're riding the same barge...:upeyes:

If you will ask a Cebu native, he will say that Talisay lechon is the best!:)

atmarcella
08-29-2007, 22:44
Originally posted by riddler
I could care less about the crispy skin and meat but don't be in my way to get the feet, ears, tail and tongue. Yummm!

i have this spanish friend who looks for a cleaver knife when he sees a lechon then he chops the head open and eats the brain:shocked:

foxyyy
08-29-2007, 23:02
Originally posted by Wp.22
FOxxy, i tried na lechon from iligan one time when i was there visiting sarap namura pa.

next time you visit just give me a ring ;)

foxyyy
08-29-2007, 23:04
Originally posted by isuzu
I've tried "Pinakurat" Vinegar with lechon. It's brings the taste of lechon. Too bad, can't bring it even in your checked in luggage. Does it come from your place?

yup...the "pinakurat" is manufactured here

foxyyy
08-29-2007, 23:05
Originally posted by 9MX

mao jud! :supergrin:

it's all in the spices...some lechon makers here are already putting whole chicken inside the pig's tummy before roasting it.

riddler
08-29-2007, 23:11
If you will ask a Cebu native, he will say that Talisay lechon is the best!:)

They are but I still could not get over the way they sell lechon. It is not by weight or by volume, instead it is by where the cleaver lands that determine what you have paid for. tsk! tsk! tsk!

Might as well get chicharong bulaklak, sinugbang nokus and atchara to go with it. Yummmm!

chowchow
08-29-2007, 23:23
Makes me want to go home and have lechon the way it is.

Wp.22
08-29-2007, 23:59
next time you visit just give me a ring ;)

in november i'll be in bukidnon 4 hours from your place. It's my yearly penitence to visit my in laws.

CatsMeow
08-30-2007, 00:07
They are but I still could not get over the way they sell lechon. It is not by weight or by volume, instead it is by where the cleaver lands that determine what you have paid for. tsk! tsk! tsk!

Might as well get chicharong bulaklak, sinugbang nokus and atchara to go with it. Yummmm!

This I should see!:supergrin:

chowchow
08-30-2007, 01:20
Spicy hot crispy lechon with hot rice and siling labuyo. Heaven can't wait. Plus ice cold bottled coke. Wala yan dito pards, hehehe

chowchow
08-30-2007, 01:36
Bakit kaya ang coke natin dyan mas masarap inumin. Baka lang talaga bec its in the bottled form unlike dito sa Tate na in cans. Ibang templa ,,,

CatsMeow
08-30-2007, 03:11
Bakit kaya ang coke natin dyan mas masarap inumin. Baka lang talaga bec its in the bottled form unlike dito sa Tate na in cans. Ibang templa ,,,

I dunno, I prefer the taste of Coke in cans over those in bottles. I love Coke Light. To each his own, I guess. Perhaps the experience of often ending up with frozen Coke (nagyeyelo, thus undrinkable until thawed) put me off.

What about beer? None better as a companion to lechon!:thumbsup:

batangueno
08-30-2007, 06:58
Cuchinilla sa Casa Armas. The best talaga. :thumbsup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/batangueno/20070505-DSC_0034.jpg

chowchow
08-30-2007, 07:57
I want some, dont forget siling labuyo, hehhe

G19c,PH
08-30-2007, 08:06
Try this also they do home service,for me:thumbsup: :thumbsup: tried it already delivered here in bulacan complete with two staff to do the serving.

http://www.charliespritchon.com/pritchon/other-dishes.html

G19c,PH
08-30-2007, 08:24
http://i17.tinypic.com/6cq28wh.jpg:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chowchow
08-30-2007, 08:27
Looks very good, parang lahat na killer cholesterol is drained to the max. :hugs:

kristiansen
08-30-2007, 08:31
just don't forget to check your HDL and LDL cholesterol level the next day....:supergrin:

G19c,PH
08-30-2007, 08:35
Originally posted by kristiansen
just don't forget to check your HDL and LDL cholesterol level the next day....:supergrin:

+1

Have your anti highblood medicine ready....:)

CatsMeow
08-30-2007, 19:24
Originally posted by G19c,PH
+1

Have your anti highblood medicine ready....:)

You might want to think about trying Xenical if you want to eat lechon regularly...:supergrin:

Also, apart from lechon, Dumaguete chicharon is the best!:thumbsup:

Wp.22
08-30-2007, 19:34
+1 on the pritchon.

Wp.22
08-30-2007, 19:36
i have an idea on the next BOG's annual get together dinner which is fast approaching already lets buy lechon chip in na lang sa gastos.

isuzu
08-30-2007, 19:48
Spicy hot crispy lechon with hot rice and siling labuyo. Heaven can't wait. Plus ice cold bottled coke. Wala yan dito pards, hehehe

When I was still living in the Philippines, there was a Filipino family living in Texas that was featured on TV. Their business is making lechon. I'm not sure if they were from Houston, though. Man, their lechon pit was huge.

isuzu
08-30-2007, 19:53

In my experience, bottled beverages taste better than canned beverages. Could be also with the water and the sugar they add in the softdrinks.

For me, the best San Miguel Beer Pale Pilsen is the one made at the Mandaue Brewery. Talo pa ang Bacolod Brewery. I make it a point to drink as much Pale Pilsen whenever I'm in Cebu.;)

CatsMeow
08-30-2007, 21:12
When I was still living in the Philippines, there was a Filipino family living in Texas that was featured on TV. Their business is making lechon. I'm not sure if they were from Houston, though. Man, their lechon pit was huge.

Hope they had a "noiseless" way of terminating their hogs so that no Hollywood figure connected with PETA would jump on them.

Anyway, how does American-made lechon, made from American hogs, compare with ours? I know the Hawaiians have their own version, but this is the first time I heard of it on the continental US.

I haven't drunk that much Cebu-made Pale Pilsen to make an intelligent comparison, but I'll try. Will be going home to Dumaguete for my parents' anniversary; will drink Pilsen there (comes from Bacolod brewery I think), then come back to Cebu and drink some more.:supergrin:

riddler
08-30-2007, 23:14
This I should see!:supergrin:

Next time you are in Cebu, go to Talisay. The lechon vendors are just around the corner from the Munisipyo. There you would be laughed at if you want to buy lechon por kilo (don't ask me how I know). This method of selling lechon has been practiced for decades.

If my memory serves me right, Mandaue Brewery Pale Pilsen beer is identified by the SMB seal being white. Bacolod I think is red.

As for the Houston based lechon maker, I have tried it and it was not that good. The better one is that being made in McAllen, TX.

riddler
08-30-2007, 23:19
Hope they had a "noiseless" way of terminating their hogs so that no Hollywood figure connected with PETA would jump on them.

We used to buy our hogs killed and prepped for "lechoning" at an Amish community up in the Midwest. They do not allow us to kill the pigs by slashing the throat because it seems cruel to them.

CatsMeow
08-30-2007, 23:25
Next time you are in Cebu, go to Talisay. The lechon vendors are just around the corner from the Munisipyo. There you would be laughed at if you want to buy lechon por kilo (don't ask me how I know). This method of selling lechon has been practiced for decades.

If my memory serves me right, Mandaue Brewery Pale Pilsen beer is identified by the SMB seal being white. Bacolod I think is red.

As for the Houston based lechon maker, I have tried it and it was not that good. The better one is that being made in McAllen, TX.

I'll check that, if my vision isn't too impaired by too many SMG Pale Pilsen!:supergrin:

atmarcella
08-31-2007, 02:02
Originally posted by batangueno

paul,

akala ko casa armas gunstore yan? sa ba yan located ang casa armas na resto...that looks super yummy!

New_comer
08-31-2007, 02:08

Melts in your mouth... Sticks in your veins!!!

Chalap!!! :thumbsup:

chowchow
08-31-2007, 04:02

My fellow friends in Katy always order lechon from a filipino who comes from Sealy , Texas. Another one from somewhere in the south of I 45. I tasted both and Id say its about 5/10. Nothing compares to ones back home.

batangueno
08-31-2007, 04:46
Originally posted by atmarcella
paul,

akala ko casa armas gunstore yan? sa ba yan located ang casa armas na resto...that looks super yummy!
Same name ng gunstore. That picture was taken in their resto at Podium. Meron din yata sa Makati.

The meat is so tender that they use a plate to chop the whole lechon. :drool:

chowchow
08-31-2007, 06:03
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lechon_Camiguin.jpg

These guys are having a good time the traditional way. Kulang nalang ng banana-wrapped steam rice (puso).

atmarcella
08-31-2007, 23:50
Same name ng gunstore. That picture was taken in their resto at Podium. Meron din yata sa Makati.

The meat is so tender that they use a plate to chop the whole lechon. :drool:

sayang last weds me rep nagbigay ng room ke mrs sa holiday inn robinsons galleria.... i could've walked papunta podium, kita ko podium sa room namin...next time patay kang baboy ka:supergrin:

isuzu
09-01-2007, 21:38

Anyway, how does American-made lechon, made from American hogs, compare with ours? I know the Hawaiians have their own version, but this is the first time I heard of it on the continental US.

I haven't drunk that much Cebu-made Pale Pilsen to make an intelligent comparison, but I'll try. Will be going home to Dumaguete for my parents' anniversary; will drink Pilsen there (comes from Bacolod brewery I think), then come back to Cebu and drink some more.:supergrin:

The lechon here in Canada is dry. Walang laman sa loob. The piggeries here are enclosed unlike the Philippines, where they are open. Expect an unusual smell the first time you eat pork here. I love eating pork whenever I go home to the Philippines. Ang baboy sa atin walang amoy at hindi tinatanggal ang balat.

The beer in Dumaguete comes from Cebu, unless San Miguel has made changes in their logistics.

New_comer
09-01-2007, 23:08

Too late...

Already saw a clip narrated by Alec Baldwin on the treatment farm animals get during slaughter. Including pigs. Might still be available on Youtube.

Aaaahhhh... porkchopss... [ala-Homer Simpson] ;) :thumbsup:

tagaykoyan
09-02-2007, 07:01
its time to create a new BoG group: "Band of Gluttons". sign me up:supergrin:

batangueno
09-02-2007, 08:50
sayang last weds me rep nagbigay ng room ke mrs sa holiday inn robinsons galleria.... i could've walked papunta podium, kita ko podium sa room namin...next time patay kang baboy ka:supergrin:
:supergrin: You have to order the cuchinilla 1 day before going to the restaurant. Matagal kasi lutuin.

G19c,PH
09-02-2007, 08:56
:supergrin: You have to order the cuchinilla 1 day before going to the restaurant. Matagal kasi lutuin.

How much sir?

New_comer
09-02-2007, 10:35
Deep fried spare ribs lightly sprinkled with pepper and rock salt, dipped in chili sauce with yang chow fried rice on the side... hahhhhhh.. ummmmm....

Grilled baby back ribs in special spicy bar-b-q sauce from Racks, with fresh veggie sidings or simple Japanese corn cob... ummmMMM...

Smoking hot 3kg pata-tim with mancao buns on the side... slurpp...

[ZZZZ... ngorkkk....] huh, what? just a nightmare... :thumbsup: ;)

CatsMeow
09-02-2007, 19:36

I made it a point to grab a bottle of Pale Pilsen before my friend, a former US Marine who drinks only Pilsen, beat me to it.:supergrin: The seal was red, so it came from Bacolod. Now I'm back in Cebu, I'll look for the seals, then drink some.:)

vega
09-02-2007, 23:59
The seal was red, so it came from Bacolod.
So that's what it meant! We thought that the brewing was a little bit special compared to the non-red seal. Parang may physicological effect, sabi namin mas malakas ang tama.

OT na tayo. Paano na nga yung SAN MIGUEL PALE PILSEN...Sa Aming Nayon, May Isang Gago, Umentra Eh Lasing. Patay Aquino Laglag Eroplano......'di ko na alam kasunod.

ppts799
09-03-2007, 01:09
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
its time to create a new BoG group: "Band of Gluttons". sign me up:supergrin:

AKO ang chairman :) :)

charlie-xray
09-03-2007, 05:35
:rofl: :) :rofl: ako a kilometer away obvious agad

Originally posted by ppts799

batangueno
09-03-2007, 07:29
How much sir?
Nasa 3000+ isa.

charlie-xray
09-03-2007, 23:50
My choice, pritchon very tasty and not too oily prepared at Crowne Plaza hotel Ortigas (attached to Gale)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/DSC01295.jpg

G19c,PH
09-04-2007, 00:08
Nasa 3000+ isa.

Is this the same size as the kamayan lechon de leche.

atmarcella
09-04-2007, 00:44
cxray,
kung pwede ko lang makain ang picture na yan....

lupet ng wedding na yan ah per table ang lechon:thumbsup:

New_comer
09-04-2007, 01:31
Originally posted by ppts799

Pataasan muna ng BMI! :supergrin:

charlie-xray
09-04-2007, 02:19
Puwede ba Cholesterol or Triglycerides?

New_comer
09-04-2007, 02:42
Originally posted by charlie-xray
Puwede ba Cholesterol or Triglycerides?
Isama na rin natin pati blood sugar, SGPT at SGOT...

Yung pinakamalala, Chairman emeritus agad! :supergrin:

atmarcella
09-04-2007, 06:34
uy 2mos. ago sugar ko nag 367, ang vision ko apektado na i couldnt read the directory, ang newspaper dapat arms length away para mabasa ko, ang naramdaman ko lang na symptoms excessive urination, pina check ni kumander ihi ko double positive ang sugar, i was under medication for a month, ngayon tinigil ko pero every afternoon i hit the treadmill....so far normal na sugar ko:supergrin:

charlie-xray
09-04-2007, 06:59
Yes it took 18 lechons for the 18 tables, costed the newly weds a whopping 500K including video/photo coverage at mura na raw yun huh??? nyaaahahaha

cxray,
kung pwede ko lang makain ang picture na yan....

lupet ng wedding na yan ah per table ang lechon:thumbsup:

batangueno
09-04-2007, 07:27
Is this the same size as the kamayan lechon de leche.
Parang same size lang.

CatsMeow
09-04-2007, 19:36
uy 2mos. ago sugar ko nag 367, ang vision ko apektado na i couldnt read the directory, ang newspaper dapat arms length away para mabasa ko, ang naramdaman ko lang na symptoms excessive urination, pina check ni kumander ihi ko double positive ang sugar, i was under medication for a month, ngayon tinigil ko pero every afternoon i hit the treadmill....so far normal na sugar ko:supergrin:

Some years ago I switched from sugar to Equal for my coffee at the office. The thing was, when I did so, I had an overpowering urge to eat something sweet each time I was heading home in the afternoon, which was why I consumed lots of masareal and chocolate at home right after dinner. I went back to sugar and this condition disappeared.:)

New_comer
09-04-2007, 20:10
Some years ago I switched from sugar to Equal for my coffee at the office. The thing was, when I did so, I had an overpowering urge to eat something sweet each time I was heading home in the afternoon, which was why I consumed lots of masareal and chocolate at home right after dinner. I went back to sugar and this condition disappeared.:)
I've read somewhere that sugar is addictive, and that the chemicals used to bleach cane extract juice into white sugar is very toxic.

That's why I shifted to muscovado (native sugar) coupled with regular light to moderate exercise. Medyo bumaba from 112 to 103 yung sa akin. Konti pa.;)

CatsMeow
09-04-2007, 20:16
Originally posted by New_comer
I've read somewhere that sugar is addictive, and that the chemicals used to bleach cane extract juice into white sugar is very toxic.

That's why I shifted to muscovado (native sugar) coupled with regular light to moderate exercise. Medyo bumaba from 112 to 103 yung sa akin. Konti pa.;)

Perhaps that explains it.

I always use brown sugar when I drink coffee at Starbucks or Bo's, but at my present office not much choice when it is three-in-one. San Mig does not have sugar-free in the type I prefer, the Extra-Strong (I need it to get through the day).:supergrin:

New_comer
09-04-2007, 21:10
Perhaps that explains it.

I always use brown sugar when I drink coffee at Starbucks or Bo's, but at my present office not much choice when it is three-in-one. San Mig does not have sugar-free in the type I prefer, the Extra-Strong (I need it to get through the day).:supergrin:
Good for you!

The trouble with muscovado is sometimes it still has solid grit or even traces of cane fibers. Baka nga lupa pa iyon eh...

Dagdag minerals din yun! :supergrin:

CatsMeow
09-04-2007, 21:42
Muscovado always brings back memories of banana-cue and camote-cue. I still love them, and eat them any chance I get.:thumbsup:

No problem with my sugar and cholesterol, it's my uric, one family pack of Tobi Mexican-style peanuts I ate in one setting (couldn't resist) got me limping the next day.:sad: And a couple of Snickers bars I ate one after the other (I was hungry!) resulted in my right foot swollen for three days. The pain...:sad: I now know better.

Another memory regarding lechon, many years ago I was in Kalibo, Aklan, and we were treated to lechon, lechon and more lechon. No other ulam, no Mang Tomas, no vinegar.:supergrin:

New_comer
09-04-2007, 23:52
Muscovado always brings back memories of banana-cue and camote-cue. I still love them, and eat them any chance I get.:thumbsup:

No problem with my sugar and cholesterol, it's my uric, one family pack of Tobi Mexican-style peanuts I ate in one setting (couldn't resist) got me limping the next day.:sad: And a couple of Snickers bars I ate one after the other (I was hungry!) resulted in my right foot swollen for three days. The pain...:sad: I now know better.

Another memory regarding lechon, many years ago I was in Kalibo, Aklan, and we were treated to lechon, lechon and more lechon. No other ulam, no Mang Tomas, no vinegar.:supergrin:
Eating is such sweet sorrow...

Why does it have to end so quickly? No wonder we can't wait to eat imediately after! :thumbsup:

G19c,PH
09-04-2007, 23:56
Parang same size lang.

ok medyo mkakatipid pa konti compared to kamayan's.