Wal-Mart to ban CCW and Open Carry in Salem, Christiansburg, and Fairlawn [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart to ban CCW and Open Carry in Salem, Christiansburg, and Fairlawn

Jake-Gallows
08-29-2007, 08:46
I spoke on the phone this morning with the district super. Terry Sartain who told me that the signs were being printed and will be posted in the next couple of days, that will ban firearms from being carried in these stores.
I asked him why this was happening, and he told me it was because of the VA Tech shootings. He said that people were scared of guns now, and did not want them in Wal-Mart.
He assured me that he had covered this with their legal department, and everyone in Bentonville...so it is a done deal!
Next up is all Roanoke stores from what he was telling me.

I do not know if it will do any good...but here is his contact information:
Terry Sartain (276)236-1269

We can hit them in the pocket, maybe that will work, maybe it will not. We can voice our opinion...maybe it will work...who knows, but we can try!

22collector
08-29-2007, 17:16
well they are called concealed for a reason. I live in Salem and really dont care if I cant carry there but I would never think of going to the valley view wal-mart with out one in my pocket. Well to each his own and I am a law abiding citizen and will follow any and all signs I see at wal-mart, all except that parking for expecting mothers I will park there anytime it is open because I am an expecting father. Shes not pregnant now but I expect her to be someday.

MADISON
08-30-2007, 06:38
At Wal-Mart, it's not inside the stores that scare me. It's the parking lot.

Blitzer
08-30-2007, 07:06
JAMBOG, this has been here already. Is your Alzheimers flaring up again friend?

:shocked: :sad: :supergrin: ;)

RussP
08-30-2007, 10:34
This thread seems to be the only one in GOTOD about the Virginia issues at hand.

SwVA has been a mix of emotions since April 16. It is a shame that anti-gun forces believe banning lawful carry will keep guns from the hands of those with violent, criminal intent.

It is stupid and naive.

Wal-Mart has a national history of ignoring the welfare of communities best interests. They feel only they know what is best, regardless of the ultimate cost to the community in taxes, strain on infrastructure.

And the fact that they are timing their actions with the release of the study of April 16 I doubt is an accident.

:cool:

MADISON
08-31-2007, 08:01
I do considerable shopping at the SALEM Wal-Mart.
The day they post the signs and until the sign comes off their doors
I will not buy a thing from their Sporting Goods Department.
No ammo. No guns. No accessories!

If they ban CCW at Valley View it will help the people who can not go into the mall after 6:00 pm. They congrigate in the Wal-Mart parking lot.