best holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : best holster


s0nny_g17
08-29-2007, 21:23
hi guys

im planning to buy a holster for carry. which do you think is the best one for a glock?

where can i get it and how much?

tia

casmot
08-29-2007, 21:35
For custom made leather holster go to Tony Guiron aka Uncle Tony. There's a recent thread bearing his name.

batangueno
08-30-2007, 07:12
Comptac, either Gurkha or C-TAC. Order it in the states then have someone ship it to you here.

mtho
08-30-2007, 10:44
try this, http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm

bikethief
08-30-2007, 13:00
Bladetech, c-tac, or blackhawk. Try them out and see whats best for your body type, attire, etc.

Alexii
08-31-2007, 08:23
1) Polymer, nylon, or leather?
2) Strong side or crossdraw?
3) Outside the Waist (OWB) or Inside the Waist (IWB)?
4) Neutral 0 deg cant, 5 deg Cant, or 20 deg Cant (and whatever
in between)?
5) Belt slots or paddle-type?
6) Size of belt width?

Daming considerations pag pili nito, bro. Had to find out for myself the hard (and expensive) way.

ConqSoft
08-31-2007, 08:27
The best holster is the one you like the best. No one can tell you what will work for you.

charlie-xray
09-01-2007, 05:02
Got them today bro, very very thin and comfortable to wear. MTAC for my G17 and CTAC for my G23. ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/01092007055.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/01092007057.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/01092007058.jpg

Originally posted by batangueno
Comptac, either Gurkha or C-TAC. Order it in the states then have someone ship it to you here.

s0nny_g17
09-01-2007, 06:36
nice holster sir charlie. magkano kuha mo sa mtac? yan din plano ko holster kaso wala ako makita dito.

pipo
09-01-2007, 07:19
how about a blackhawk holster with serba lock? comes in concealed carry and duty. Injection molded and comes with serba (trigger guard) lock

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=44H1&C=C0909
http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4100&C=C1066

jojo_G19
09-01-2007, 08:12
Originally posted by charlie-xray
Got them today bro, very very thin and comfortable to wear. MTAC for my G17 and CTAC for my G23. ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/01092007055.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/01092007057.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/01092007058.jpg

very nice holster.. where did u buy the CTAC and how much?? did u purchase the 2 belt loops separately or did it came with the CTAC???

charlie-xray
09-01-2007, 08:17
altogether na po, bought it direct from comp-tac.

And what I like most with it is the upper channel for the sights, there's more than enough clearance even if you put the highest raised front sights.

Sweater
09-02-2007, 02:45
I use a Galco Fletch and Silhoutte , it very good on pistol finishes.And besides people here dont sweat as much unlike in the Phillipines. But if I will use one in the Philippines for carry, i will use a Fobus Evolution ,or the Blackhawk Carbonfiber holster. Just my opinion------Sweater

wtf jack
09-02-2007, 06:45
Ito yung madalas kong ginagamit - CTAC Comptac. Very fast sa draw, dikit sa katawan yung G17 kaya hindi takaw-pansin.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/torrescg/Picture003.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/torrescg/Picture002.jpg

charlie-xray
09-02-2007, 07:18
NICE Demonstration there, thanks.

Originally posted by wtf jack
Ito yung madalas kong ginagamit - CTAC Comptac. Very fast sa draw, dikit sa katawan yung G17 kaya hindi takaw-pansin.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/torrescg/Picture003.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/torrescg/Picture002.jpg

G19c,PH
09-02-2007, 07:44
Originally posted by batangueno
Comptac, either Gurkha or C-TAC. Order it in the states then have someone ship it to you here.



Available ba to locally dito pinas?

batangueno
09-02-2007, 08:40
Not available here. It's not illegal to send holsters to the Philippines. :)

Charlie, that's a nice M-TAC, looks very comfortable. Lefty ka rin pala. :thumbsup:

batangueno
09-02-2007, 08:43
Nice picture jack. :thumbsup: Ang sisikip na ng pants ko hindi na kasya isingit yung G17 with IWB holster. :supergrin:

G19c,PH
09-02-2007, 08:51
Originally posted by batangueno
Not available here. It's not illegal to send holsters to the Philippines. :)


Pwede internet purchase thru fedex or ups? or thru balikbayan?

charlie-xray
09-03-2007, 02:40
Haha bro same problem here even my short pants needs to get another size bigger or lose weight. I'd rather get the extra 2 inches sized pants hehehe much easier.

Originally posted by batangueno
Nice picture jack. :thumbsup: Ang sisikip na ng pants ko hindi na kasya isingit yung G17 with IWB holster. :supergrin:

jojo_G19
09-03-2007, 06:58
Originally posted by charlie-xray
altogether na po, bought it direct from comp-tac.

And what I like most with it is the upper channel for the sights, there's more than enough clearance even if you put the highest raised front sights.


charlie;
do comp-tac ship to the philippines?? how much was the freight charges?? and how much for the holster??

also, what courier do they use?? ilang days inabot for the delivery??

thanks, im looking forward to buying a c.t.a.c also for my g19




jojo

G19c,PH
09-04-2007, 03:06
Originally posted by wtf jack
Ito yung madalas kong ginagamit - CTAC Comptac. Very fast sa draw, dikit sa katawan yung G17 kaya hindi takaw-pansin.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/torrescg/Picture003.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/torrescg/Picture002.jpg


La bang demo nung MTAC naman?

G19c,PH
09-04-2007, 03:14
Originally posted by charlie-xray
Got them today bro, very very thin and comfortable to wear. MTAC for my G17 and CTAC for my G23. ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/01092007057.jpg


My monitor is a bit blurred the other side of the MTAC is leather? Does the leather touches the slide of the pistol when holstered?

charlie-xray
09-04-2007, 07:02
Yup, and it's confirmed that they don't add salt anymore to the treatment of their leathers. It's high grade pure leather.

mariner19
09-05-2007, 03:01
just ordered my mtac online at comptac. i liked the fact that the leather is the one touching my skin rather than the kydex. parang not comfy yung kydex sa skin. and i don't wear undershirts kasi it's so hot here. that was my experience before with bladetech. are there any disadvantages with the mtac compared to the ctac? or to rephrase that...is the ctac better than the mtac?

charlie-xray
09-05-2007, 03:17
CTAC just have an adjustable cant, MTAC a bit of an adjustment but needless to say leather on your skin is much softer.

Originally posted by mariner19
just ordered my mtac online at comptac. i liked the fact that the leather is the one touching my skin rather than the kydex. parang not comfy yung kydex sa skin. and i don't wear undershirts kasi it's so hot here. that was my experience before with bladetech. are there any disadvantages with the mtac compared to the ctac? or to rephrase that...is the ctac better than the mtac?

mariner19
09-05-2007, 03:39
thanks! i was worried that the mtac might be thicker than the ctac.

mariner19
09-05-2007, 03:50
just saw on the website that the mtac has adjustable cant also. is this correct?

charlie-xray
09-05-2007, 09:49
Yes it also has but not as large of an adjustment as the CTAC.

mariner19
09-10-2007, 00:11
ok thanks!

toxic
09-11-2007, 11:20
I always wanted to get me a CTAC,but due to some legalities , country to country BS and alleged Credit card scam or con or whatever
from some of our kabayans I cant get me one :frown: Now after knowing from Bro Charlie-Xray that it is now possible to order Holsters in this part of the woods (mid east) i also ordered a CTAC and some other goodies via internet ,paid via Credit card(not mine coz i dont have one -had it cancelled a long time ago but by a friend/co worker)...

The Company regularly gives update on the status of the order..i asked this Company if it is possible now for Kydex fans to order from the Philippines...the Answer is YES. Not to get excited but if you guys want to acquire one , write them an email to confirm this.

Transaction is via internet , you will be required to register an account like registering in a gun forum, then you can place your order , just make sure you follow the instruction very well so your order will fit your favorite carry boomer.
Payment is through credit card or paypal or Money order or by Check...

A word of caution when you use your card as payment,please:shame: try not or even think to scam the company as what had happen to other companies who have black listed the Philippines from internet shopping due to Credit card Scam made by FEW bad Bananas.(unconfirm allegation?).Let us bring back the confidence of such companies to us and our country.

To date my order is in production for a week then within 2 weeks my orders will be on its way here :banana:

For the maka Pinoy products I also STRONGLY recommend local products but for me the choice is yours.;) and again send the company an email to make sure it is really possible to order and Ship their product to our Bayan kabayan.

DC

charlie-xray
10-08-2007, 05:59
For 1911 & G22
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/08102007119.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/08102007120.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/cx4909/08102007121.jpg

batangueno
10-08-2007, 06:13
Very nice holsters :thumbsup: