Best schools in RP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best schools in RP

chowchow
08-30-2007, 07:51
Top Schools In The Philippines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 18, 2005
TOP 20 SCHOOLS IN THE PHILIPPINES
This statistics is a result of the studyconducted by the Professional Regulation Commission(PRC) and the Commission on Higher Education(CHED), based on the average passing in the BOARDEXAMINATIONS OF ALL COURSES of all universitiesand colleges in the Philippines.This study is concluded every 10 years. Thefollowing is the result of the first study from1992 to 2001.

Eleven schools come from Luzon, twofrom the Visayas and seven from Mindanao.

1. University of the Philippines (Diliman Campus /Luzon)
2. University of the Philippines (Los Banos Campus/ Luzon)
3. University of the Philippines (Manila Campus /Luzon)
4. Silliman University (Dumaguete City / Visayas)
5. Ateneo de Davao University (Davao / Mindanao)
6. Ateneo de Manila University (Manila / Luzon)
7. University of Sto. Tomas (Manila / Luzon)
8. Mindanao State University (Iligan Institute ofTech/ Mindanao)
9. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (Manila /Luzon)
10. Saint Louis University (Baguio City / Luzon)
11. University of San Carlos (Cebu City / Visayas)
12. Xavier University (Cagayan de Oro / Mindanao)
13. Mindanao State University (Main / Mindanao)
14. Urios College (Butuan City / Mindanao)
15. Polytechnic University of the Philippines(Manila/ Luzon)
16. De La Salle University (Manila / Luzon)
17. Mapua Institute of Technology (Manila / Luzon)
18. Adamson University (Manila / Luzon)
19. Central Mindanao University ( Bukidnon/Mindanao)
20. University of Southern Philippines (Davao /Mindanao)

TOP Nursing Schools in the Philippines

Based on Board Exam passing rates for 2000-2004 only 12 of the 175 Nursing schools had passing rates of 90% or higher. RANK SCHOOL OVERALL% Passing Rate
1 UP-Manila 100%
2 St. Paul College-Iloilo 99.57%
3 Silliman University - Dumaguete City 98.39
4 West Visayas State University 97.06%
5 University of Santo Tomas Manila 96.67%
6 Saint Louis University - Baguio City 95.05
7 Mindanao State University Marawi City 95.0%
8 St. Paul College-Dumaguete City 93.38
9 Pamantasan ng Lunsod ng Maynila 92.53%
10 SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY - Bayombong 91.02%
11 St. Paul College-Manila 90.81%
12 University of the East-Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Center 90.57%

_______

Mga papards, im glad my school is no slouch. No offense to those not mentioned but all the best in sa Bayan.

Allegra
08-30-2007, 18:19
Students from one of the best schools in the country !
Behold ang pag-asa ng bayan!!

http://www.pbase.com/toper_porto/trantados

Bakit ang layo ng DLSU?
I was leaning towards it for my daughter next year

CatsMeow
08-30-2007, 19:17
Yehey! Two of my schools made it! Silliman University where I got my undergrad MassCom degree, and UP where I got my LlB!:banana:

horge
08-30-2007, 19:29
Bakit ang layo ng DLSU?
I was leaning towards it for my daughter next year

Maybe because of what's indicated by DLSU instructors not
doing as well as expected in the last PAFTE checkups.
That would tend to lead to underripe graduates, and lowered
performance at the board exams.

What's interesting is that La Salle U has been luring away
top UP professors for the past two decades, with much higher
wages and a short hop to tenure as a VERY strong incentive.
Maybe the ex-UP'ers get lazy once they're making more money?*

Many alumni think UP's standard of education is WAY down from
the late 90's, precisely because the teaching staff
is now so young, and turnover/migration is so rapid.
To think that UP, at maybe only 60% of its former excellence,
is still top of the heap (no one is even close) is depressing.

My fear is that Philippine education is going to the dogs.
That we're 'processing' too many diploma-holders without
encouraging real fire in both belly and brain pan.

horge

*...or maybe La Salle routinely 'insists' on passing marks for lazy students?
Maybe money talks just so that (shoulda) flunkers walk?

CatsMeow
08-30-2007, 19:49
Originally posted by horge
Maybe because of what's indicated by DLSU instructors not
doing as well as expected in the last PAFTE checkups.
That would tend to lead to underripe graduates, and lowered
performance at the board exams.

What's interesting is that La Salle U has been luring away
top UP professors for the past two decades, with much higher
wages and a short hop to tenure as a VERY strong incentive.
Maybe the ex-UP'ers get lazy once they're making more money?

the late 90's*, precisely because the teaching staff

My fear is that Philippine education is going to the dogs.
That we're 'processing' too many diploma-holders without
encouraging real fire in both belly and brain pan.

Amen.:thumbsup:

revo
08-30-2007, 23:07
Hmm... something's wrong with this list..

Originally posted by chowchow
Top Schools In The Philippines
Monday, April 18, 2005
TOP 20 SCHOOLS IN THE PHILIPPINES

1. University of the Philippines (Diliman Campus /Luzon)
2. Others

There...fixed it.

:supergrin:

cznayr
08-30-2007, 23:50
No offense meant to the one who made the study but it's based on the number of average passers from the board exams.

I think it's unfair just to categorize it in that way. For example, the other schools may just be specialzing in engineering. Ateneo has no engineering department.

But I agree with the no. 1 school. The order of the rest, I have some qualms and apprehensions.

New_comer
08-31-2007, 00:02
But that's just one way to determine rankings...

How about in the following metrics:
- quality of the faculty; how many doctorates, masters, Ivy league staffers have they in their line-up?
- quality of alumni 10-20 years down the road; which school can boast to have the most corporate chairmen, presidents, board of directors, mayors, congressmen, ambassadors, senators, Chief Executives
- % number of dropouts per year, then we'll know who's the "diploma mill" out there. :supergrin:

Eye Cutter
08-31-2007, 00:34
Originally posted by revo

There...fixed it.

hwhehehehe!

i'll get the popcorn out! the fireworks should be interesting!

tagaykoyan
08-31-2007, 04:05
he he he, parang "1911 vs. glock" na away ito ah?

dito muna ko sa tabi, baka tamaan ako ng ligaw na bala:supergrin:

cznayr
08-31-2007, 04:21
Yeah, parang religion issue to.. better left untouch..

batangueno
08-31-2007, 04:41
Originally posted by New_comer

- quality of alumni 10-20 years down the road; which school can boast to have the most corporate chairmen, presidents, board of directors, mayors, congressmen, ambassadors, senators, Chief Executives

Puede rin ba number of actors produced? :supergrin:

Allegra
08-31-2007, 05:10
So which university to go for a business course???

Ateneo or La Salle?

Eye Cutter
08-31-2007, 05:31
Ateneo for Business. DLSU for entrepreneurship. Sa regular DLSU ha, hindi sa CSB! hahaha!

yung nephew ko natanggap sa Diliman, BS Economics. Pero nag research kasi kapatid ko, Ateneo raw ang may mas magandang curriculum for Business courses. So they enrolled him at the Ateneo. BSME yata or something??? DLSU Alumnus yung brother ko.

they were the first batch with the standardized tuition fees. Ngayon, 20K++ na ang tuition sa peyups. sa ateneo, more than double tuition binayaran nila.

sabi ko nga, yung tuition fee ng 1 sem sa ateneo, 1 year na sa UP. Oh well... sayang lang kasi opportunity to study at UP. Biased ako, e! Product ng public school... hwehehehe! di ba fafa Allegra???

Allegra
08-31-2007, 05:57
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Ateneo for Business. DLSU for entrepreneurship. Sa regular DLSU ha, hindi sa CSB! hahaha!

yung nephew ko natanggap sa Diliman, BS Economics. Pero nag research kasi kapatid ko, Ateneo raw ang may mas magandang curriculum for Business courses. So they enrolled him at the Ateneo. BSME yata or something??? DLSU Alumnus yung brother ko.

they were the first batch with the standardized tuition fees. Ngayon, 20K++ na ang tuition sa peyups. sa ateneo, more than double tuition binayaran nila.

sabi ko nga, yung tuition fee ng 1 sem sa ateneo, 1 year na sa UP. Oh well... sayang lang kasi opportunity to study at UP. Biased ako, e! Product ng public school... hwehehehe! di ba fafa Allegra???

Yoko na sa UP , mga walang diyos mga tao jan hehehe
My other daughter is in UP-RHS and her yearly tuition fee is a whopping P4000 hehe

I'm really interesetd sa ADMU and DLSU
My sis is from Ateneo , and I really love thhe campus and gusto ko rin dun, pero magaling nga daw La Salle pag entrepreneurship kaso I hate the location

Sa Siliman nalang kaya hehe Dumaguete is beautiful

chowchow
08-31-2007, 06:01
Pards, Dumaguete na lang, mura pa. That s my hometown Pards. Take a short trip to Brgy Kangmating and you can have a beautiful day at the beach.

Allegra
08-31-2007, 06:14
Pards, Dumaguete na lang, mura pa. That s my hometown Pards. Take a short trip to Brgy Kangmating and you can have a beautiful day at the beach.

Ako nalang mag aaral sa Dumaguete :) when I retire
Siliman has a great marine science program , and that was my major
hmmmm....."Effect of the Golden Sabre Round on Endangered Philippine Marine Mammals" haha kick out

chowchow
08-31-2007, 06:41
Im sure qualified scuba diver kayo. Try Apo Island which is now the Marine Lab's pet project and sole caretaker. The one SUmilon island was a controversy back in the early 80s. Been there once in 84, the outpost was abandoned . Just a waste to see a nice coral reef damaged by dynamite fishing and other illegal ways.

Allegra
08-31-2007, 06:54
Im sure qualified scuba diver kayo. Try Apo Island which is now the Marine Lab's pet project and sole caretaker. The one SUmilon island was a controversy back in the early 80s. Been there once in 84, the outpost was abandoned . Just a waste to see a nice coral reef damaged by dynamite fishing and other illegal ways.

My last dive was .... 17 years ago, wala pang computers nun :)
after grad my career went into a diff direction ....destroying the environment hehe

New_comer
08-31-2007, 07:46
Originally posted by Allegra
My last dive was .... 17 years ago, wala pang computers nun :)
after grad my career went into a diff direction ....destroying the environment hehe

Meron naman... Naalala ko pa yung Lotus 123 saka Wordstar.

Saka adik na ako nuon sa Super Mario Bros saka Game&Watch ;)

New_comer
08-31-2007, 07:50
Originally posted by batangueno
Puede rin ba number of actors produced? :supergrin:

Wala namang na-graduate sa mga yan eh...

Kung hindi sa kabaret galing eh sa macho bar napag-dadadampot ang mga yan... :puking:

Allegra
08-31-2007, 08:23
Meron naman... Naalala ko pa yung Lotus 123 saka Wordstar.

Saka adik na ako nuon sa Super Mario Bros saka Game&Watch ;)

hehe I meant dive computers , nagulat kasi ako lahat ng divers ngayon hitech na

jerrytrini
08-31-2007, 08:31
Basta ako, maski na hindi taga-UP lagi ako sa Ilang-Ilang at Sampaguita.....:hearts: :hearts:

Allegra
08-31-2007, 08:48
Wala namang na-graduate sa mga yan eh...

Kung hindi sa kabaret galing eh sa macho bar napag-dadadampot ang mga yan... :puking:

I'm not gonna say which , but Richard Gomez and Sharon cuneta are presently studying sa peyups
Sharon got very high marks sa entrance exam ( no not the upcat )
I wonder if they'll learn to spin their ballpens sa fingers nila hehe

Eye Cutter
08-31-2007, 09:00
hahaha! i can spin it clockwise and counter-clockwise but i can't do it see-saw style back and forth like others can! bilib ako sa nakakagawa non! hahaha!

do you guys remember si mommy yosi sa AS 101 nakatambay??? everybody was smoking blue seal cigs then

tsaka yung lumpiang togue with the gallon vinegar???

New_comer
08-31-2007, 09:03
I'm not gonna say which , but Richard Gomez and Sharon cuneta are presently studying sa peyups
Sharon got very high marks sa entrance exam ( no not the upcat )
I wonder if they'll learn to spin their ballpens sa fingers nila hehe

Dapat di kasali yung mga naghahabol magtapos dahil nagka-meron after 20 years of toying with the fantasies of the masses and laughing their way to the bank. After a couple of decades of actual life experience, siguradong mas talentado na sina Sha at Goma kaysa mga uhuging high school grads na wala pang muang sa mundo

Kung ganun na, eh di si Pacman, taga-Ateneo na din ang turing... :puking:

Allegra
08-31-2007, 09:27
Dapat di kasali yung mga naghahabol magtapos dahil nagka-meron after 20 years of toying with the fantasies of the masses and laughing their way to the bank. After a couple of decades of actual life experience, siguradong mas talentado na sina Sha at Goma kaysa mga uhuging high school grads na wala pang muang sa mundo

Kung ganun na, eh di si Pacman, taga-Ateneo na din ang turing... :puking:

Tama!
Yan din ang paniniwala ko Brader!! Wala silang K tawaging iskolar ng bayan!

Pero nung nasa harap ko na si ate Shawi ,punyeta ang bilis ko mag pose!

Basta , UP na yung dalawa walang aagaw

horge
08-31-2007, 18:20
hahaha! i can spin it clockwise and counter-clockwise but i can't do it see-saw style back and forth like others can! bilib ako sa nakakagawa non! hahaha!
Sa Pisay ako natutong mag ballpen-spin, basic lang.
(Apparently it was handed down via a UP connection.)
I thought I was such hot goods at it, until my
freshman year at UP. I felt like a quad.
Can't do the reverse too well, and
the see-saw is just mind-boggling.

I certainly can't do the double spin.

Mommy Yosi
:)

isuzu
08-31-2007, 19:41

DLSU is a good business school. When you can't pass DLSU, you have a choice of going to CSB (and most likely, you'll get accepted there). In the end, the tuition you pay will still go to La Salle and not to other schools.:supergrin:

kristiansen
08-31-2007, 20:18
So which university to go for a business course???

Ateneo or La Salle?

ATENEO.....the daddy can swim,run,bike while the daughter go to school.:supergrin: libre pa pa-picture ke norman black saka rica paraleja(tama ba ispeling):banana:

Sweater
08-31-2007, 22:15
I sent my Twin daughters to college there at Ateneo De Manila and U.S.T. Both went to Business courses,much different from the medical field my wife and i took.Nevertheless my 25 years old twins now work in Citi Bank and Chase Bank as Personal bankers, which my family are very proud of. Im from U.E. , my wife from F.E.U., so i think what school is irrelevant,but to value and love education will be the measure of one`s success in life. And i always believe,"Never step at anybody`s foot today, because it maybe attached to the ass that you will kiss someday".Just my two cents.--------Sweater

New_comer
08-31-2007, 22:20
Originally posted by Sweater
I sent my Twin daughters to college there at Ateneo De Manila and U.S.T. Both went to Business courses,much different from the medical field my wife and i took.Nevertheless my 25 years old twins now work in Citi Bank and Chase Bank as Personal bankers, which my family are very proud of. Im from U.E. , my wife from F.E.U., so i think what school is irrelevant,but to value and love education will be the measure of one`s success in life. And i always believe, "Never step at anybody`s foot today, because it maybe attached to the ass that you will kiss someday".Just my two cents.--------Sweater

:thumbsup:

3kings
08-31-2007, 23:54
Originally posted by revo

There...fixed it.

im happy with #2 others:sad: :)

charlie-xray
09-01-2007, 00:14
But it's Ramos administration whose the culprit to this skyhigh tuition fees now.

ADMU, UP are my choices for my kids. As I'm a product of Adamson, and nowadays it's NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW.

I was highly discriminated when I entered Nestle, imagine I was already reporting for work when they claimed that I falsified my documents because they did not see I am from Adamson. I was told my school belonged to the not accepted schools, but I passed all the exams and panel interview :shocked: :shocked: bugger..

Wp.22
09-01-2007, 00:49
Originally posted by jerrytrini
Basta ako, maski na hindi taga-UP lagi ako sa Ilang-Ilang at Sampaguita.....:hearts: :hearts:

JT, girls dorm yan dami mo siguro GF doon hehehe. My wife stayed sa ilang-ilang during her UP days

jerrytrini
09-01-2007, 10:42
LOL. LOL. We would go to a bar (just outside UP) famous for its folk singers, I do not remember the name of the place. It was always dark (of course).

jerrytrini
09-01-2007, 11:05
I asked my wife, for the name of that bar and she quickly said, "The Butterfly". LOL

Duckman1975
09-01-2007, 19:35

the late 90's, precisely because the teaching staff

I agree with you Horge, most of the good prof are getting old and the good young ones are setting their eyes to go abroad. You can't blame them pay is disproportionate with their stills, almost no opportunity and lets face it there is the matter of politics which is present in almost all of our system here in the Phil.

wtf jack
09-02-2007, 07:39
Sa Pisay ako natutong mag ballpen-spin, basic lang.
:)

Anong year ka nag-graduate sa Pisay?

Wp.22
09-02-2007, 17:40
Originally posted by Duckman1975
I agree with you Horge, most of the good prof are getting old and the good young ones are setting their eyes to go abroad. You can't blame them pay is disproportionate with their stills, almost no opportunity and lets face it there is the matter of politics which is present in almost all of our system here in the Phil.

we are ;ucky enough that our consultant for the past 9 years or so is the former dean of UP SOLAIR. learned a lot from him.

CatsMeow
09-02-2007, 19:50

We have a beach house there. Plenty of sand, and nice calm seas. We were there yesterday.:)

isuzu
09-02-2007, 21:03
Originally posted by CatsMeow
We have a beach house there. Plenty of sand, and nice calm seas. We were there yesterday.:)

Dumaguete's such a nice place. I'd go there twice a week to buy sugar during the milling season in the late '90s. It's a four-drive from Bacolod via Mabinay (used to be an 8 hour drive if you took the old highway), but I didn't mind driving through the mountains. Nice scenery approaching Bais.

People there live simple lives. You ride a small Honda motorcycle with a bottle of Rum and Coke, a couple of plastic cups and ice. Hang out at the Boulevard. Eat at either D&C Chicken (the sizzling squid there is No.1), Jo's Inato or the Siliman Cafeteria.

Did I mention that ladies there are relly cool and very friendly?;)

CatsMeow
09-02-2007, 21:34
Dumaguete's really a rather rustic city, although the influx of people from outside results in people not knowing each other anymore unlike, say, ten years ago. It's infested with motorcycles, nobody wears a helmet, and the youths driving them are not even licensed, so if they hit you, they just get back up and take off, leaving you and your dented car. Apart from that, it's a great place, but does seems like a ghost town during summer, when all those Silliman students are on summer holiday.

Last time I was in Bacolod, we took the Mabinay route; the road was great up to Kabankalan, but after that, the roads become bad due to all those sugarcane trucks; they're still fixing it when we passed by. Going back, we took the road through Salvador Benedicto down to San Carlos City, great road but engine-straining when in the mountains.

Ditto on the ladies!:thumbsup: There's two Jo's Chicken Inato here in Cebu, and one in Project 8, Quezon City.

horge
09-03-2007, 07:39
Originally posted by wtf jack
Anong year ka nag-graduate sa Pisay?

A man wrapped in white. A pavement run red
By death would the living be led.

New_comer
09-03-2007, 08:33

33 A.D.? ;)

wtf jack
09-03-2007, 14:33

Eye Cutter
09-03-2007, 16:34

horge
09-03-2007, 17:04
Yep. '83.
Wish I'd been from Batch 33, though. :)
'Twas an infinitely more important time to be alive!

By '91 I was (sadly) just another tool.
Too many kids today don't even aim for any better.

wtf jack
09-03-2007, 19:23
small world! i was a senior already when you came in. i'm sure the names cecile r. and lalaine c. of '82 are familiar to you. yup! pisay then peyups is the way to go!

chowchow
09-03-2007, 19:53
Dumaguete's really a rather rustic city, although the influx of people from outside results in people not knowing each other anymore unlike, say, ten years ago. It's infested with motorcycles, nobody wears a helmet, and the youths driving them are not even licensed, so if they hit you, they just get back up and take off, leaving you and your dented car. Apart from that, it's a great place, but does seems like a ghost town during summer, when all those Silliman students are on summer holiday.

Last time I was in Bacolod, we took the Mabinay route; the road was great up to Kabankalan, but after that, the roads become bad due to all those sugarcane trucks; they're still fixing it when we passed by. Going back, we took the road through Salvador Benedicto down to San Carlos City, great road but engine-straining when in the mountains.

Ditto on the ladies!:thumbsup: There's two Jo's Chicken Inato here in Cebu, and one in Project 8, Quezon City.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/dumaguete-city/victim-crime-1228.html

Just found this web link. I hope the crime in Dumaguete will also get less and less each day. Snatching, robbery, home invasion and murder have wrecked the peace of this city.

CatsMeow
09-04-2007, 00:21
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/dumaguete-city/victim-crime-1228.html

Just found this web link. I hope the crime in Dumaguete will also get less and less each day. Snatching, robbery, home invasion and murder have wrecked the peace of this city.

Actually, it's true, most killings in Dumaguete remain unsolved. And motorcycle-riding snatchers abound. Dumaguete natives may be peaceful, but when provoked...one snatcher was beaten to death recently in Silliman. Best to be in condition yellow at all times when walking the streets.

I spent four years in UP, but so help me, I don't know how to sing the UP anthem.

As to Apo Island, it was in the news some years ago, when a US Army Chinook helicopter went in some kilometers offshore from it. The searchers came ashore at Barangay Malatapay, Zamboanguita. Remember the front-page picture of a PAF general who had somebody piggyback him to shore so he won't get wet, while the American sergeant next to him waded ashore ala MacArthur.

If you want fresh seafood, Malatapay every Wednesday is the place to go!:thumbsup:

charlie-xray
09-04-2007, 00:36
I believe you bro in unsolved cases, my best friend there the Villagonzalos was a victim of home invasion and murdered up to now the case remain unsolved. Their residence is at Silliman Park Bantayan.

CatsMeow
09-04-2007, 01:19
Originally posted by charlie-xray
I believe you bro in unsolved cases, my best friend there the Villagonzalos was a victim of home invasion and murdered up to now the case remain unsolved. Their residence is at Silliman Park Bantayan.

The mayor (now on his last term) took great umbrage when Dumaguete was characterized as "The City of Unsolved Crimes". But no improvement occurred. A great number of the victims are young Silliman students (I must be getting old, calling them that).:supergrin:

Still, Silliman University is the place to study, if only for the great academic atmosphere (plus having to walk a considerable distance between classes, never gained weight when I was studying there!), though they better pay their teachers well, or lose them to the Negros Oriental State University (NORSU)(formerly CVPC & EVSAT) just across the street. It's already happening.:shocked:

atmarcella
09-04-2007, 01:31
Originally posted by wtf jack
yup! pisay then peyups is the way to go!

kaso lang public school lahat...walang religion, but then again to each his own...

Duckman1975
09-04-2007, 02:50
Originally posted by atmarcella
kaso lang public school lahat...walang religion, but then again to each his own...

Its not true po, try niyo po tumambay sa gilid ng UPLB main library me lalapit po sa inyo and you will be prayed over. Its not bad but the first time that happened to me I was really surprised but I know they meant well. And yes if ever you are in UPLB on Wednesdays try to hear mass in St. Therese good atmosphere and very good choir.

atmarcella
09-04-2007, 06:27
i mean as a subject po tnx... no offense meant, to each his own lang;)

chowchow
09-04-2007, 07:45
Originally posted by charlie-xray

Last year there was a spate of vigilante style killing. Seem to be doing good to stop this criminals from doing their trade. I hope they keep up with them to the fullest. Again I miss the once peaceful city when growing up in the 70s and 80s.

chowchow
09-04-2007, 07:50
Actually, it's true, most killings in Dumaguete remain unsolved. And motorcycle-riding snatchers abound. Dumaguete natives may be peaceful, but when provoked...one snatcher was beaten to death recently in Silliman. Best to be in condition yellow at all times when walking the streets.

I spent four years in UP, but so help me, I don't know how to sing the UP anthem.

As to Apo Island, it was in the news some years ago, when a US Army Chinook helicopter went in some kilometers offshore from it. The searchers came ashore at Barangay Malatapay, Zamboanguita. Remember the front-page picture of a PAF general who had somebody piggyback him to shore so he won't get wet, while the American sergeant next to him waded ashore ala MacArthur.

If you want fresh seafood, Malatapay every Wednesday is the place to go!:thumbsup:

Oh really, anyone have a pic of that? PAF General must have been in full dress uniform, timid of getting his uniform wet LOL. Babalik pa sya sa Mactan or Villamor AFB siguro.

Allegra
09-04-2007, 07:52
Wala talgang diyos yan mga taga UP na yan ahehehe

But I went to a catholic school nung HS , dun yata ako natuto ng kalokohan

Anybody see Sharon's new Vitamin billboard?
Sharon Cuneta
Student/Associate in Arts

Sa main office ng Unilab , naka lagay Associate in arts /UP Open U

Pasalamat OU hindi sila siningil ni Sharon ng milyon for the advertisement :)

chowchow
09-04-2007, 08:18
I used to visit UP Diliman in early 1990s, stop at their minimall and student cafeteria. Adobong chicken liver menu was my favorite.

horge
09-04-2007, 13:45
Jack, I do remember Lalaine, who was
like a big sister to many of us newbs. :)
Cheers!

Chow, ....adobong chicken liver at the Coop/Mall?
Good stuff, but for the truly daring, there's the bopiz.
If you have the constitution of a battleship, you stand
a decent chance of dodging 2-3 types of hepatitis...J/K!

wtf jack
09-04-2007, 13:56
I knew we have something in common. Yup, I love her to death; she was like a little sister to me. Such bonds are easier to form in a tiny little school like ours. Cheers!!!

Eye Cutter
09-04-2007, 17:00
my fave lunch fare then was binagoongan baboy with green mango at the coop and tocino and eat all you kanin at Area 2 behind the shopping center.

CatsMeow
09-04-2007, 19:41
What about Rodics? Best tapsilog ever!:thumbsup:

CatsMeow
09-04-2007, 22:22
Oh really, anyone have a pic of that? PAF General must have been in full dress uniform, timid of getting his uniform wet LOL. Babalik pa sya sa Mactan or Villamor AFB siguro.

It was in the Philippine Star front page. I couldn't recall what he was wearing, it may have been a flight suit. It was the subject of much commentary and ridicule.:supergrin:

Allegra
09-05-2007, 05:02
What about Rodics? Best tapsilog ever!:thumbsup:

agree

wtf jack
09-05-2007, 10:43
my fave lunch fare then was binagoongan baboy with green mango at the coop and tocino and eat all you kanin at Area 2 behind the shopping center.

Ako naman doon lang sa ilalim ng puno sa tabi ng Co-op sa AS Building. Basta 5 pesos lang ang budget sa lunch, lahat lasang masarap dahil siguro sa gutom.

antediluvianist
09-07-2007, 18:58
Well, there's UP and then there's UP. Check out the cars in the parking lot at the business school area. And that building has a pretty good cafeteria too, with sizzling this and that. THAT section of UP is certainly not cash-poor.

isuzu
09-07-2007, 20:10
Actually, it's true, most killings in Dumaguete remain unsolved. And motorcycle-riding snatchers abound.

Someone from Dumaguete told me that majority of the snatchers and the hoodlums are not from Dumaguete. According to him, a lot of snatchers who were arrested in Dumaguete are from Mindanao. Dumaguete was a peaceful place when I was doing business there in the late 90's.

If you want fresh seafood, Malatapay every Wednesday is the place to go!

Yes,it is. The Wednesday market there is just awesome. We got to ate at a resort in Malatapay owned by a Dutch named Hans who had a Filipina wife from Silay named Nenita.

Fish is more cheaper in the Antulang area.

antediluvianist
09-07-2007, 20:31
Aren't most killings in other cities in the Philippines also unsolved? Why pick on Dumaguete?

horge
09-08-2007, 08:04
Heck, most killings stay unsolved, worldwide.

chowchow
09-08-2007, 08:55
http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/apo-island-pictures.php

I need to see this place next time around.

CatsMeow
09-09-2007, 19:16
Originally posted by isuzu
Actually, it's true, most killings in Dumaguete remain unsolved. And motorcycle-riding snatchers abound.

Someone from Dumaguete told me that majority of the snatchers and the hoodlums are not from Dumaguete. According to him, a lot of snatchers who were arrested in Dumaguete are from Mindanao. Dumaguete was a peaceful place when I was doing business there in the late 90's.

If you want fresh seafood, Malatapay every Wednesday is the place to go!

Yes,it is. The Wednesday market there is just awesome. We got to ate at a resort in Malatapay owned by a Dutch named Hans who had a Filipina wife from Silay named Nenita.

Fish is more cheaper in the Antulang area.

That's true. Some are even from Cebu.

In Malatapay, you only have to choose the freshly-caught fish and tell the cooks how you want them, whether it be tinola, kinilaw, or sinugba, and that's it!:thumbsup:

CatsMeow
09-09-2007, 19:24
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Aren't most killings in other cities in the Philippines also unsolved? Why pick on Dumaguete?

Well, for a small city, everybody knows everybody (until fairly recently), so if anybody gets killed, it's always someone you know. That's why, for a Dumagueteño, it's more personal than, say, in big Cebu City, where it's barely news unless it's some prominent person.

In the mid 80's in Cebu, somebody got stabbed right before my eyes, and it merited only a little news story buried in the middle pages...:shocked:

egoy
10-01-2007, 18:48
no questions it's UP but among private universities.....

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/sharonian/488.jpg

http://www.ui.ac.id/indonesia/extra/tabelqs.pdf

atmarcella
10-01-2007, 20:26
pinagyabang nla na nasa top 500 cla?

batangueno
10-02-2007, 06:18
actually, pinagyabang nila na mas mataas sila sa ateneo. :supergrin:

Allegra
10-02-2007, 06:36
walang rival ang UP
takot mahampas ng bote sa ulo

atmarcella
10-02-2007, 07:17
liit ng difference, parang sinabi lang nila "my thing is 3inches yours is only 2.9":banana: