Fishing License Info [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fishing License Info

Kingslayer
08-30-2007, 14:08
I know a lot of you Florida shooters are avid fishermen. Florida is raising the prices of fishing licenses Oct. 1 2007. I don't know what the amount is and I'm not sure if it's been made public yet.

Also, snook season is coming in Sept. 1 and many of you are going to renew your licenses.

There is a little known option and that is the 5 year Florida fishing license. I would recommend that if you're license is due soon to renew it prior to Oct. 1 2007 and opt for the 5 year license. That way you get 5 years at the current price.

Just letting you all know.

noway
08-31-2007, 00:48
yeah, but I 'm not sure if I'm going to be around in 5 more years;) FWIW the prices are being raisen dueto decline in license sales for the last few years. But the sky is not falling, our state license in general are very low when compared to other states fishing & hunting license so I can't complain nor I'm I surprise if the increases do take place. What are we talking about 50cent to a 1 dollar moe ?

You know the state of Floriduh have to make up for it some where else
:upeyes:

I wouldn't be surprise if they blame the ticket rates cuts next :upeyes:

Kingslayer
08-31-2007, 06:35
I don't know how much they are raising it, I don't think they have announced it. That kinda makes me worry.

But considering I paid almost $60 for an out of state, 7 day Pennsylvania fishing license while I was up there, our licenses are a bargain.

najaboy
08-31-2007, 06:55
FWC has historically been selling licenses at a financial loss. Up until a few years ago, a Venomous Reptiles License cost five dollars. The problem was that FWC must do an initial site inspection, along with random site inspections when a VRL is issued. Five bucks often didn't even pay for the gas needed for an officer to drive to the licensee's address. In 2003, the price increased from five dollars per year, to one hundred dollars per year.

Anyways, I digress. Another option that some folks might be able to consider is the Military Gold Sportsman's, which has to be purchased at a tax collector's office. The fee is all of $20, and covers: Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster Permits.